Forum Index > Fan Fiction > Fan-Fiction Help
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
HikaruAkane
Level 29
Threads: 5
Posted: 5/19/2015 at 2:03 PM Post #1
I hope this is in the right forum.
I'm planning on writing a Fan-fiction about Sylestia, staring me and my starter pet Andromeda, and i have a few questions regarding the wonderful world of Sylestia. I'm just asking for opinions as a reference point for my writing. These questions are ones like;
Does the sun rise in east like here on earth?
Is Sylestia the world or just a continent/country?
How would one get their starter pet (like the scientist guy shows up and says, draw a pet.. or something else)?
Do you think themed/tagged pets are created by special circumstances (like winter themed pets being made when the first frost coincides with a a meteor shower or some other thing like that)?
Would the sylesti's make noises similar to those of their real world counterparts (nixi barking or yipping qitaris neighing, etc) or sound more akin to pokemon?
Would the constellations be the same as on earth?

Feel free to add any additional information if you want. I am asking for opinions so no idea will be put down, mocked, made fun of, or any other such thing by me. I cannot guarantee this for others but i would prefer there be no idea bashing. Please be kind to others.

Feel free to ping me though it is not required. I will check back at least twice a day and respond if needed.

PLEASE NOTE THAT I WILL ADD QUESTIONS AS I CAN THINK OF THEM
Edited By HikaruAkane on 5/19/2015 at 2:37 PM.
HikaruAkane
Level 29
Posted: 5/19/2015 at 2:03 PM Post #2
RESERVED

Just in case
Edited By HikaruAkane on 5/20/2015 at 9:52 AM.
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 5/19/2015 at 2:09 PM Post #3
This thread has been moved to: Fan Fiction.
Dasassy
Level 72
Sylestiologist
Threads: 18
Posted: 5/20/2015 at 8:28 PM Post #4
Hey there, I've wondered similar things about this world and from playing for a while these are the opinions I've formed.

- The sun and moon cycle seem the same, so I think its safe to say the sun rises and sets like it does on earth
- Sylestia seems to be either the whole world or the continent. As the site pushes forward (and out of beta) I'm sure it will become more clear which it is. If you look on the map the areas are divided into something akin to countries/states.
- I think it's similar to the way pokemon are handed out.
- You could also chalk it up to the constant evolution of the species, in combination with special circumstances.
- I think I've seen in-story proof of sounds being real world based.
- I would think the constellations are either sylestian versions of ours (like morkko Ursa major) or completely new ones.
Houndstooth
Level 48
Threads: 2
Posted: 5/20/2015 at 8:36 PM Post #5
Hi there! I've got some headcanons that might help you out here.
-First, I imagine that Sylestia is much like earth in that the sun rises in the east and the trade winds and all that, and that it's a continent and not a country since the cities/towns appear to be run by completely separate governments.
-Going along with this, I imagine that the sylesti would make mostly normal animal sounds, maybe with a bit of pokemon speak going on by more intelligent species.
-As for the first pet thing, I wondered about this after the scientist guy popped up, and I decided that there must be farms/breeders/people who catch wild sylesti and tame them and that's where our first pet comes from, and the scientist guy just helps us find our first pet. This brings up the awesome image of first pet ceremonies and contests to get a rare/pretty first pet.
-As for themed/tagged pets, I think of them as a part of a subspecies, but being created under a special circumstance sounds a lot more awesome.
HikaruAkane
Level 29
Posted: 5/20/2015 at 8:58 PM Post #6
Thank you both very much. Your answers were really helpful and insightful. You both have helped push everything along.

This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.