Forgot Password?
Advanced Search
Join our Discord Follow our Facebook page Follow our Instagram page View Official Sylestia Merchandise
Active Players on Sylestia
Category Total Yesterday
Players 1,413 237
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 9,337,377 946
Generated 761,970 10
Captured 1,302,946 38
Bred 7,272,309 898
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Join Today!
Forum Index > General Discussion > RETURNING PLAYER: WHAT DO?
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Elli5lantern
Level 62
The Fortuitous
Joined: 4/21/2017
Threads: 26
Posts: 114
Posted: 9/28/2026 at 10:10 PM Post #1
Salutations! I haven't touched this game in... years.
Wha's changed? Is there anything I should look at, first? If this isn't the right category, apologies </3
Lunesca
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Joined: 4/19/2013
Threads: 25
Posts: 213
Posted: 10/4/2026 at 2:23 AM Post #2
I'm kinda in the same boat ^.^" I've got no idea if/what is different. Came to the forums to find out and...I'm even more confused T_T

So far, I've discovered:

* that you can type in your pets name in the breeding box drop down for faster/easier finding of a specific pet <3

* You now have to move eggs/hatchlings into your stable in order to put a price on them for selling *crying over this*

* There are some keyboard controls that make it easier to battle against enemies and interact with items in the fields

* and the best thing I've found so far?! Is that you now open all satchels at once in your inventory <3<3 !

If I find out more I'll try to remember to let you know ;)
Elli5lantern
Level 62
The Fortuitous
Joined: 4/21/2017
Threads: 26
Posts: 114
Posted: 10/4/2026 at 10:29 AM Post #3
I saw the change with the hatchlings and I did not know to feel about that :( I'm so used to being able to set prices for hatchlings and eggs in the hatchery and going from there.

And the SATCHELS?? HOW?? I'm still opening them individually:(
Lunesca
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Joined: 4/19/2013
Threads: 25
Posts: 213
Posted: 10/4/2026 at 2:12 PM Post #4
That's weird on the satchels :thinking: do you mean individual types of satchels or satchels of the same level? Because if you have a stack of 2-100 satchels for level 0 and click on them, they'll all open up at once. They just condense down the rewards into as few notifications as possible (ie if you get gold in 10 satchels it'll show you the total, not the individual amounts in a single window).

At this point, I suggest paying close attention to what's happening when you select them (I had to in order to figure it out) and if you are having to open 20 satchels of the same level individually, then I'd bring it up with Krin in the bugs forum.

The hatchery is a whole other issue :sigh: I agree with you that it sucks because I was able to post my hatchlings and adolescents for sale through the hatchery and if they didn't sell before reaching adulthood then they'd get released (the ones I wanted to keep either got names or sent to stables immediately). Saved my stables from getting flooded with low quality (1-2vis or less) pets and let me release pets without feeling guilty about it.

On the other hand, I understand why Krin did it. Without some sort of regulation on the pets, the system is continuously getting flooded with new Sylesti from breeding because...why not? It's been a problem for a long time. Forcing people to move their hatchlings into the stables also forces them to limit breedings that are just being done solely because they have the pets to do it and not for an actual purpose.

Granted, that kinda puts us project breeders in a rough spot with how many event/exclusive/themed/etc pets get put out every season and we want to collect as many as possible while still trying to reach 6vis on all of them LOL. It can get out of control fast.

Now, if everyone did it similar (i'm not saying my strategy is the only correct one) to what I've done with mine in the past, then it might have been okay. But people don't and have taken advantage of it to the point that I remember Krin really stressing about it 10 years ago when I first started playing on here.

There's actually been multiple conversations over the years about what to do for the growing population, money sinks, Sylesti rescues where you get money for them, etc. and I know it's been a lot to deal with. This is kind of a quick, easy small fix that can help reduce overbreeding. Especially when combined with the new breeding system that charges for breeding sylesti.
Elli5lantern
Level 62
The Fortuitous
Joined: 4/21/2017
Threads: 26
Posts: 114
Posted: 10/4/2026 at 2:19 PM Post #5
That's also true. I know on my end, even back in 2017, there were a lot of sylestis just put up for sale whenever they don't have the right traits, and that's not counting that the most desireable ones were tucked away at high prices or breed only.
I know at least now, there's a lot of old accounts that have old themed pets, but personally I don't like the fact that so many old themes are left behind too; especially incomplete project ones :( We have so many new themes coming in, with old themes being left behind

Overbreeding is definitely still a problem though; I see infert' treatments being used more often, but that makes a lot of older pets left behind because the newer players don't want inferts. The newer change does make sense; and I know at least, if there aren't any buyers, you can always release the pets.
Or, if there's traits you want, it's easier to isolate it now, I suppose.

I did figure out the satchels, at least!
Lunesca
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Joined: 4/19/2013
Threads: 25
Posts: 213
Posted: 10/4/2026 at 2:31 PM Post #6
Glad I could help with the satchels <3 !

And yeah, I've got some of the older themed pets in my stables that are just kinda sitting there...mostly because finding them a mate has been difficult :sigh: but I also remember that they were also very difficult to get at the time I started catching them and only found 1 the entire time I went hunting...and that was back when I could be on the game consistently enough to actually make hunting worthwhile.

It's gotten more generous since then, but I refuse to give up my old themed pets at this point. But, I will breed them when I can (assuming they have a mate) and offer their babies up for sale...even if their traits aren't the best, just so people can work on getting all the themed pets somehow.

When I can, I do go and search for themed pets to match mine but I'm also trying to be careful and selective over which ones I get. Mostly focusing on ones that I can afford while still having at least 1 matching trait that can be visible in their offspring (ideally resulting in 1v 2c for the babies).
Elli5lantern
Level 62
The Fortuitous
Joined: 4/21/2017
Threads: 26
Posts: 114
Posted: 10/4/2026 at 2:44 PM Post #7
That is the way to go, I would say. The rarity of some themes has certainly eased, but there's always going the favorites will always be much more numerous.

What I've been doing is breeding sylestis and attempting to sell them out as they hatch, so people have the opportunity to get them. It doesn't help that some of the themed ones are malnourished, so it's hard to find ones that aren't, and have traits you want ;(
Lunesca
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Joined: 4/19/2013
Threads: 25
Posts: 213
Posted: 10/4/2026 at 2:56 PM Post #8
I'm happy to work with you on getting themed pets bred :D right now my organization needs some work (especially in the 2nd half of my stables) and I really need to do some expanding, but I'm all for working together to get some older themes bred and out there <3
Sheechwan
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Joined: 12/19/2012
Threads: 164
Posts: 3,459
Posted: 10/4/2026 at 2:57 PM Post #9
You can always feed the pet you want to breed with if you visit the profile page first, so it's not entirely impossible to get the traits you want breeded down
Elli5lantern
Level 62
The Fortuitous
Joined: 4/21/2017
Threads: 26
Posts: 114
Posted: 10/4/2026 at 3:02 PM Post #10
THAT'S A THING? WHEN DID THAT BECOME A THING? I could've sworn it wasn't possible
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
Join our Discord Follow our Facebook page Follow our Instagram page Visit Official Merchandise Shop
© Copyright 2011-2026 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.