Threads: 58
Posted: 7/11/2014 at 4:02 PM Post #21
Very nicely done sir :)
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 7/11/2014 at 6:09 PM Post #22
First of all, to Zar, I think this guide is coolio and I'll recommend it to anyone who would want to learn more about pet prioritizing. And selling, of course.

Second of all,
To both you and Fresh,
If both of you aren't busy, maybe one of you can make a step-by-step breeding map/guide for stat breeding? Like how many pets to start with, how to pair one with another.

Partly because it still boggles me how not to get tangled up in not getting them inter-related, while still being efficient in philters. o:

(friendly suggestion and request, not a total want aha but still appreciated if you had time to diagram it out or something)
Fresh
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 70
Posted: 7/11/2014 at 7:02 PM Post #23
I was thinking a chart of some sort would be nice. I'm still learning but as I go perhaps I can throw something together.
Zarhail
Level 60
Threads: 66
Posted: 7/11/2014 at 11:30 PM Post #24
Yes... I had hoped there would be a guide on breeding projects somewhere but apparently not.

Flute: what do you mean without inbreeding? Without what the game considers inbreeding or without any interrelations at all?
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 7/11/2014 at 11:33 PM Post #25
Like...basically without the issue of seeing the "these pets are too closely related" box pop up during your stat breeding.

I don't know how to explain it, but it seemed like a problem, trying to keep the fewest parents while going in a straight line of generations to use philters efficiently. Which is why I'd like to see a guide on how the generations would work, aha.
Zarhail
Level 60
Posted: 7/11/2014 at 11:35 PM Post #26
Oh yeah, sure. that's basically the same as a 6vis project without having to check the traits.
Shadow
Level 60
Threads: 144
Posted: 7/13/2014 at 5:49 AM Post #27
On the subject of pricing, I'm not in agreement with Z. I'm not conforming to some other user's standard on what prices for pets 'should' be. I price my pets based on what I think they're worth, not what anyone else 'tells' me I 'should' be pricing them at.

I breed almost exclusively Mystical offspring. One pair costs me $20 to make, my colors are gorgeous and every single color is dead on and close to pure. You'd spend a fortune on pet dye to get all those colors. I don't care if my pets are fabled or non fabled. What you're getting from me and breeders like me is drop dead gorgeous colors and beauty and that's what you're paying for. On any other site, pets like mine would sell in the millions. Why? Because you can't get those perfect colors anywhere unless you make the parents that produce them. Here, sure, you can use a dye. But you'll spend, what, 200K or more on one greater pet dye and that's to get one color dead on. ALL of my pet's colors are dead on and that's what you're paying for in my stables and yes, it's going to be expensive. In fact, I undersell, which is a thorn in my side.

I don't think any game or any individual should try and set some standard for pricing pets. As I've already mentioned to Z, pet pricing should be up to the BREEDER to decide, not some standard that other people 'think' is right. I don't happen to agree with any of this pricing standard, especially when it comes to expensive and RARE mystical offspring. Every breeder should have the absolute right to price their pets as they see fit and shouldn't feel like they must conform to some 'standard' that other people have come up with. Period.

I will not conform to this. My pets are worth every dime, and more, of my asking prices, and no, they don't gel with this guide and never will. It bothers me to no end that any site would try and do this. In fact, this is the only site that I've ever seen trying to put a cap on breeder pricing. Oh the uproar were someone to do this on other games I play! >_< No, just...no way in hell.
Edited By Shadow on 7/13/2014 at 5:54 AM.
Zarhail
Level 60
Posted: 7/13/2014 at 5:56 AM Post #28
Adding a disclaimer.

These are not high prices, you are of course free to sell higher - anyone who disagrees or complains, well... they are your pets, your hatchery or sales are the only way of acquiring them. If they want them they can ask nicely for a discount or a deal, anything else is far too entitled to get anywhere.

I apologize for any harassment you may have received.
Zarhail
Level 60
Posted: 7/13/2014 at 6:03 AM Post #29
Thanks for your feedback.

I'm not that great when it comes to pricing but was asked over and over for this section.
Edited By Zarhail on 7/13/2014 at 7:16 AM.
Shadow
Level 60
Threads: 144
Posted: 7/13/2014 at 6:42 AM Post #30
Thanks, Z. I appreciate it.

People here need to understand that Mystical offspring are the highest quality pets on the site, with the exception of Festival pets and that's what people are paying for. QUALITY. BEAUTY. Close to PURE, dead on, gorgeous colors. People would bankrupt themselves here trying to get every color on their pets perfectly dead on and spend a whole lot more getting ONE color perfect than Mystical offspring are selling for now with ALL their colors perfect. That's why they're a lot more expensive, as it should be.

Mystical offspring are the Maserati and Lamborgini's of this site and shouldn't be expected to sell for Chevrolet prices.
Edited By Shadow on 7/13/2014 at 6:44 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.