Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Zarhail
Level 60
Threads: 66
Posted: 7/10/2014 at 12:40 PM Post #11
10. About cooldowns, timings and Restrictions

Cooldowns:
Non fabled female pets have a 72 hour cooldown before their next breeding after they have been bred.
Female Fabled pets have a 168 hour cooldown before their next breeding after they have been bred.

Other timings:
Egglings remain egglings for 72 hours minus 1 hour for every 5 nurtures or at most 3 days.
Hatchlings remain hatchlings for 144 hours minus one hour for every 5 additional nurtures or at most 6 days.
Adolescents remain adolescents for 432 hours (or 18 days).

Restrictions:
A pet can not breed with its offspring or its parents, the game wont allow it.
It also cannot breed with a pet with at least one parent that is the same as its parent.
This means you will need at least 3 better 4 pets to create a breeding project for higher numbers of visible traits. (there are guides for this somewhere, I would rather not go into detail here.)
Zarhail
Level 60
Posted: 7/10/2014 at 12:41 PM Post #12
11. Detail on Capturing pets and Captured pets

Capturing pets for sale:
When capturing pets always consider whether you will be able to recuperate the trap cost and do not expect to capture a pet with only one trap.

Expect pets to run away.

Consider this when attempting capture.

As such only attempt to capture a pet you will be able to sell for many times the cost of the cheapest trap capable of capturing it if you are capturing to sell.

This will likely mean if a pet isn't legendary or mythical rarity (and probably even then) it isn't worth selling unless you already know who you would like to sell it to.
(Exceptions can be made for new species and even then if it isn't rare or above I would only bother throwing one or two traps.)

Exceptions can be made for themed pets, especially popular and sought after themed pets, although for non fabled species I would suggest only going after rare or above rarity pets. Fabled themed pets are always a safe bet of course and should be captured at almost any cost - regardless of rarity. I would also suggest setting a very high price for them and advertising or auctioning in the pet auctions forum.

Traps:

Lesser snare trap: 1000 gold available from the first area onward, also available for purchase during festivals on festival grounds.
Can capture common and uncommon pets.

Standard snare trap: 2500 gold available from the second area onward, also available for purchase during festivals on festival grounds.
Can capture common, uncommon and rare pets.

Strong snare trap: 7500 gold, available from Ethernia's market, also available for purchase during festivals on festival grounds.
Can capture common, uncommon, rare and epic pets.

Masterful snare trap:
500 diamonds, available from the diamond shop. also available from some festival wheels and occasionally on the broker.
This trap will capture any pet on the first try.
Edited By Zarhail on 7/11/2014 at 8:29 AM.
Zarhail
Level 60
Posted: 7/10/2014 at 12:42 PM Post #13
12. About pet Dyes

Any pet can be dyed, although dyeing a themed pet away from its natural colouring is likely to decrease its value.

Lesser pet dyes:
Can be acquired by trading 1000 scales in the scale shop (aka. nurturing 1000 pets)
Have the same accuracy as a regular essence.
To change all of a pets colour with any degree of accuracy I would recommend 30-40 lesser pet dyes. Colour swing can be 0-50 points out of 255 for each value (R G and B) (that is a lot) 30-40 dyes should hopefully bring it down to a swing of about 20 on each value on average.
They can also be acquired during festivals and are usually cheaper to buy during this time.
Prices range between 20k each during festivals and 50-80k each otherwise.
This makes completely dyeing a pet very expensive, I would only do it, if you know exactly what you are doing and this pet is a part of your final pair or alternatively you only want to correct one or two colours.

Greater Pet dyes:
Can be bought for 150 diamonds or 375k gold each at 2.5k gold per diamond on the exchange.
Can also be acquired during festivals, but are more difficult to get. There usually arent any on the broker.
Greater pet dyes have about the accuracy of a mystical essence and a colour swing of 0-8 points for each value, which is usually negligible. This will get you the colour you want.
Edited By Zarhail on 7/10/2014 at 12:42 PM.
Zarhail
Level 60
Posted: 7/10/2014 at 12:43 PM Post #14
13. About Essences

Essences can be used to generate pets via the generator.
They are commonly used to start breeding projects (2 essences for 1-3 visible traits usually and 4 essences for 3 vis+ with regular essences or 4vis+ with enhanced or mystical ones.)

Regular:
Very high colour inaccuracies up to 50 points in any one direction as far as I can tell and only has two gene points, which will give you either one visible trait or two carried ones.
These can be found either by nurturing eggs with a very very low chance, by defeating pets (each egg/hatchling/pet drops its own species of essence) with an almost equally low chance, by getting it from mission satchels, again at a very low chance or can be bought in the diamond shop or broker. The diamond shop sells any regular essence for 250 diamonds, exchange rates vary.
I would not recommend trying for black or white with these

Enhanced:
Lesser colour inaccuracies, but still clearly present. Maybe 20 to 30 points in any direction.
This essence has 4 gene points which means 4 carries, two carries and a visible trait or two visible traits.
They drop at an incredibly low chance while nurturing, battling or from mission satchels, far lower even than regular essences.
They can also be purchased on the broker or acquired in the diamond shop for 750 diamonds each, regardless of species.
You may try black or white here, but depending on how dark/light you want to go, a few pet dyes as a backup may be necessary.

Mystical:
Almost no colour inaccuracies, has four gene points to be used as mentioned under enhanced essences.
No pet dyes are needed here.
These can only be purchased on the diamond shop for 1000 diamonds each however, exchange rates of course vary.
Edited By Zarhail on 7/11/2014 at 8:44 AM.
Zarhail
Level 60
Posted: 7/10/2014 at 12:44 PM Post #15
14. About stats

The first thing you need to know is: stat breeding is slow.

The second thing you need to know is that not all starting pets are equal, in starting stats, health and especially mana (which cannot be changed by philters).

The third thing you need to know is: base stats (stats at level 0 with no points or equipment) are passed on, philters increase these stats and those increases can be passed on to the next generation.

The fourth thing you need to know is: if you are breeding two pets with different base stats, you will receive a pet with stats anywhere at all between the two. This means with patience two pets with each having only one stat maxed can have an eggling with both stats maxed or nearly maxed.

Fifthly the maximum for any base stat apart from health and mana is 100

Sixthly a hatchling receives one stat point for every five nurtures it receives while it is a hatchling and it is always its lowest stat that will be raised.

Each species has different base stats (you can look them up via checking the advanced search for level 0 pets and then search by type (tamed, reg generated, enh generated or mystical generated - exclusive is equivalent to mystical generated and starter is equivalent to enh generated).

A fabled pet can have up to 120 mana without alterations or levels taken into consideration if it is derived from mystical or enhanced generated parents. Mystical generation will also result in higher starting stats in general and as such this is probably one of the the ideal starting points. (100 for non fabled pets) It is also probably easiest because acquiring offspring from mystical pairs is far from impossible.

A regular generated fabled pet or offspring of a regular generated pet can have up to 110 mana. (90 fro non fabled pets)

Any captured fabled pet will have a base mana of 100

A one star tamed non fabled pet will have 60 base mana, a two star one 80 and a three star one 100 and a four star one (very rare, only found on raids and not on raids on Esior's haven) 120. Other stats also depend on stars for captured pets.

The third region and festival zones only have two star pets.

After choosing your starters you then need to choose which stat to enhance:
Strength
Intelligence
Dexterity
Agility

Or all at once by using prismatic philters, which also increases health.

There are philters for all of these 4 stats, they can be bought on the broker or acquired from the scale shop or during festivals.
Then there is the prismatic one which costs diamonds and can as far as I know only be acquired from the diamond shop.

I suggest you pick one and stick to it, then philter every generation in turn. Treat it like a breeding project, where you are not necessarily looking out for traits.
Edited By Zarhail on 7/11/2014 at 8:56 AM.
Zarhail
Level 60
Posted: 7/10/2014 at 12:44 PM Post #16
~ post reserved ~
Zarhail
Level 60
Posted: 7/10/2014 at 12:45 PM Post #17
~ post reserved ~
Zarhail
Level 60
Posted: 7/11/2014 at 8:56 AM Post #18
It is for now finished.

Feedback is greatly appreciated
Fresh
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 70
Posted: 7/11/2014 at 2:31 PM Post #19
Read the stat breeding information and it was very helpful! Answered all my questions (for now :P) so I'm taking on my stat project with no fear! Muahah.

(Pinging some friends who might find this guide helpful!)
Zarhail
Level 60
Posted: 7/11/2014 at 2:33 PM Post #20
Thank you.

Feel free to point anyone you like towards it. also feel free to tell me if I missed anything.

And feel free to point anyone complaining about lacking sales towards it as well.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.