Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > Winter Festival - Avatar Dress Up
Page 9 1, 2, 3... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Eurydice
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 55
Posted: 1/1/2014 at 3:02 PM Post #81

This is Sylvia, she used to be a normal teenage girl, but everything changed on one peculiar Christmas eve morning.....
Sylvia woke up with a start as she heard a loud banging on the door, "oh, great,"Sylvia thought "Its the bill collectors, always here, every day to collect whatever money they could.Thefts!" "Open the door, Sylvia," her mother yelled from the garden, at the back of their, run-down house." just grab 100 dollars from the bucket."her mother finished.Sylvia ran downstairs to the bucket and grabbed 100 dollars, thinking, "How can they live with themselves, taking poor peoples money?" As she opened the door, the bill collectors grabbed her and put a bag over her head. "WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME!!!!" Sylvia demanded and tried to slap one of the collectors, but failed slapping fur instead of the face of the collector the fur felt like the fur of her pet Ryori, Ice." Ice," She called out, and sure enough she felt the paws of Ice on her shoulder. "Hey, NO TALKING." One of the collectors yelled harshly as she was shoved into the bed of a truck. Sylvia tried to yank off the bag, but5 failed. So, she whispered to Ice, " Can you pull this off of me?" She heard a small squeak, as if a yes then, suddenly morning light flowed into her vision. she saw her surroundings, she was in the middle of a bed of a pick-up truck with the bed closed. they were in the middle of the woods, somewhere in the Umbra Forest. "Oh great, she whispered to Ice, what now, we get attacked by bandits, Come on, lets get out of here" she jumped out of the truck, Ice following, as she glanced down, a leash had been clipped to Ice's collar and grabbed it."Come on, Ice, we need to get out of here, maybe we can find some Elves, or Fairies" she whispered,as ice followed her into the forest. After a few minutes of walking she heard the drone of the truck slowly rumble away and was replaced with eerie silence and the occasional rustle of leaves.After a few more hours Sylvia saw the afternoon light shimmer in the distance, and saw a fairy, one was a girl, with light yellow and pink wings, with a lantern , the size of a staff. Sylvia rushed towards her with Ice following close behind. " HELP!" She called"WE NEED HELP!" She saw the fairy look her way in astonishment, "who are you?" she called "im Sylvia," Sylvia replied "I don't know where I am, other than in Umbra Forest." "Well, I should bring you to the Fairy Queen.Oh, Im Jinxie,by the way" she said as Sylvia stood next to her, gasping for air. As they arrived at the Sanctuary or Saerelle. "Queen Annabelle" Jinxie called, "we have someone here who is lost!" within moments Queen Annabelle appeared, and asked, "whats the matter Jinxie?" "this, is Sylvia, Your Majesty, she is lost, and needs a place to stay, will you grant her at least one night to stay here?" "Alright, but if she wants she can join the fairies, but is she chooses to, she would need wings." "I would like to join" Sylvia anwesered Quickly. "Well, then, lets get you those wings." Queen Annabelle lead them to a clearing in the trees and started a magic ceremony,and Sylvia was granted wings, and has stayed there as an animal tamer, ever since.

I hope you enjoyed her back- story its kind of long XD
Kestral
Level 62
The Whimsical
Threads: 87
Posted: 1/1/2014 at 4:19 PM Post #82

I choose this avatar because she seems to be almost disappearing into her background, the snowy winter. This gives her an appearance of being a spirit of sorts. The snow and wind gave me the insperation for making her, as well as Elsa from Frozen.
Edited By Kestral on 1/1/2014 at 4:21 PM.
Serabee
Level 70
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 66
Posted: 1/1/2014 at 10:46 PM Post #83

I decided to try and make a sort of human hybrid version of my favorite Ny'Vene, Kaida. Here's her pic, by the way:

I imagine Kaida would've been raised to be a lady, but ended up rebelling when she discovered how strong she could be in battle. She'd be extremely proud of her power, to the point of fighting stubbornly to the end even if clearly overpowered. She would never admit if she was wrong about anything. She would be adventurous and an explorer, always looking for new treasure. She loves pretty and exotic looking things and pretty much hoards them. She's a very strong battler, capable with all sorts of heavy weapons, and can deal massive damage. At the same time, her scales make her resilient and tough, and perfect for the front lines of any battle.

I kept most of the colors close to Kaida, copying a lot directly. I also tried to play up the sort of funky Asian theme I had in mind when creating Kaida. For some reason, the jeweled horns make me think of hair chopsticks or something, lol. I then tried to keep her expression fitting her personality.
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 1/2/2014 at 12:36 AM Post #84

Vesuvius, Kaelys, Thera

Kaelys had always loved and respected her father, the Volcanic Warlord Kelvyn Din'Adun, but when he left for Eisor's Fields for a special task she somehow knew that the Warlord would never return to their fiery, desolate homeland. She bid him a final farewell as he mounted his mighty Volcanic Griffi, Vesuvius, but against his orders she followed after him in secret. On the back of Thera, Vesuvius' faithful mate, she traveled in their wake, traversing the desolate wastelands, riding the winds over the dense jungle, and shirking the dry deserts by following the border of Astryl's Vale. Finally, from a great distance well beyond Kaelys' vision Thera saw her mate and master land in the snow-covered Viridian Meadows, and she lowered to a nearby field. They maintained their stealth as they approached what appeared to be a festival ground near the small town of Eisor's Haven, but between the foreign region's harsh icy weather and avoiding the locals, it took her days to finally locate her father... But when she did, it was too late. Kelvyn was already locked in a fierce battle with a local beast master and their powerful tamed pets, and he was losing... In the culture of Warlords, it is the greatest dishonor to have someone intervene in your battle; all Kaelys could do was watch, and pray to the War Gods for her father's victory. But her prayers were not answered... Kaelys watched as her father was felled, his lifeless body dropping to the snowy ground with a heavy thud. Her heart was broken... With rage she ordered Thera to strike, and fill the battlefield with fire. In the cover of the blaze she retrieved her father's corpse, and called Vesuvius from the nearby cave. With Vesuvius carrying his fallen Master, and Thera carrying Kaelys they retreated, leaving not a single trace as the fires vanished...

Once they returned home Kaelys Din'Adun put her father to rest, and reforged his armor to claim it as her own. Her rage fueled her as she declared herself the Volcanic Warqueen, and though her rule was often challenged none could defeat her, and by punishment of death none were allowed to defy her. Now, her army steadily grows, building in power and strength with a single purpose: REVENGE.

---

I had come up with the design for Volcanic Griffi just a few days before the Volcanic Warlord was released. At the time I was stuck between a few design ideas based off of pictures of lava formations, but after a ton of deliberation I chose the design for Vesuvius and Thera up above. It was shocking to me just how similar they were to Kelvyn! And I fell in love with my design all the more! So I decided to get the Volcanic Armor set to match my Griffi (all I need is the Ice Queen's Wings for my wardrobe and its perfect!) and eventually, I came up with a story behind the avi. I decided to use the world map for additional inspiration, like setting their homeland as the volcano in the southwest of the map, and I also borrowed Kelvyn Din'Adun. (I hope Krin and Fai dont mind? .__. I love the admins so I would hate to upset them! ;^;)
Edited By Xavion on 1/3/2014 at 2:36 AM.
Merce
Level 60
The Whimsical
Threads: 3
Posted: 1/2/2014 at 12:45 AM Post #85

Sorry it's long, but seriously, I cut it down the best I could. This avi is based on one of my favorite short story characters: The Lady of Winter, Consort to the Lord of Death. Hope you guys like it.

Winters Hold
The fire crackled in the grate as the snow hurled itself against the window. I wrapped the blanket more securely around Jonathons shoulders, pressing my lips against his cheek for a moment before taking him in my lap.
The baby crooned softly and moved further down into the warm fleece. Jared watched me from across the room, his eyes sparkling in the low light.
Outside, the wind howled its song until the wolves took it up and as the storm increased, Jared watched me, his brows drawn together in worry. I smiled, trying to reassure him even as I felt the first snatches of cold touching my skin.
Alena, let me hold him. He stood as his voice rumbled across the space between us, but I held my baby tightly, shaking my head even as he walked towards me. Hes fine, dont wake him.
My husband nodded, but his eyes hardened as he sat beside me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. Youre getting too cold, move closer to the fire.
I pulled away from him, my anger starting to burn its way through the calm the quiet evening had given me. Im fine.
Alena- He began, a warning note in his voice.
Nothings going to happen! I hissed, shifting Jonathon to a better position. He whimpered in his sleep and we both looked down, my voice softened and I didnt look up at Jared, knowing I would see the set jaw and hurt eyes.
I turned my back to him and set the baby in the small cradle beside the fire, first checking to see if he was comfortable and warm before sidling closer to Jared. He avoided looking at me, instead watching the snow that swirled by outside. I pressed my palm against his cheek, wiping away the tear that glistened on his eyelashes. The dark green of his eyes met mine and I tried to smile around the tightening in my chest.
Dont go. He whispered and he pressed his face into my hand, tears flowing down in a torrent.
I moved closer and felt Jareds arms wrap around me. Trust me, I dont want to.
The wind increased as the words left my mouth and a banging started at the door.
I gasped and my throat choked with fear as Jared swept me behind him. Jonathons cries mixed with the howls of wind and wolves, but I couldn't tear my eyes from the door. Snarls and screams sounded at the cracks until I felt the house would break from the stress.
Go away! Jared yelled, but the noise only intensified. With a bang the door caved inward and Jonathons cries turned to howls of fear.
I felt the pressure on my skin then, the icy shiver that encased my whole body. I gasped and staggered back, the shock reverberating through my bones and nerves.
Grasping white tendrils reached into my home, searching. I shrieked as one touched my arm, numbing it and the fire blew out. The sudden dark was too much and Jonathons screams took on a desperate pitch, and Jared ran to him, holding our son in tight arms as he watched the cold come closer to me.
Surprisingly gentle, the tendrils wrapped around my body, beckoning me towards the door. I followed them, my willpower crumbling under the freezing pressure, deaf to Jareds cries behind me.
Outside the storm had quieted, moving in a hypnotizing dance until it curled around me. Calm encircled my body, but as quickly as it had come; it disappeared, leaving a raging fury of ice, wind, and snow. I screamed, backing away in terror, but something sharp slid down my arms. I jumped away from the icy claws and stopped, frozen.
He stood just outside my icy storm, barely visible through the dense storm, watching me with frozen eyes.
Finish it. He hissed.
Unseen demons descended upon me, bringing their unforgiving touch forward so it held me captive. Pain lanced through me, tearing screams from my throat as my heart thundered in terror, feeling the first creeping of cold that would steal everything from me.
Already memories were disappearing at their touch and I fell to my knees. The agony of feeling my life peeled from me, every cell screaming in protest, was too much.
In my minds eye I saw Jonathons face, already dimming, as Jareds took its place. Jared. I murmured as the black overcame me.
Cold dead eyes focused on the child and man who watched from the doorway, the infants screams intensifying in the cold. The man watched as his wife fell to the ground, his eyes reflecting the empty loss that pulled at him.
No!
It was a scream of fury, rage, and pain. The man jumped forward, as the baby lay forgotten in the doorway. His hands were curved into dangerous claws, ready to tear into the creature that was taking his whole world from him.
Before he could reach him, something stood in the small space between them, its presence demanding all of the mans attention.
She seized him now, this cold, unfeeling being that moments ago had had a warm beating heart. Where her eyes had been were now black pits against the alabaster white of her skin.
There was no remorse or mercy as she crushed his windpipe with one hand, throwing him to the ground with twist of her wrist and turning away from him and the screaming infant as if they no longer existed.
With a bow, the cold, dead eyed man offered her his arm, bearing away the new Lady of the Winter into the still night air, neither one turning to spare a glance at the scene behind them.
Diaveborn
Level 60
The Artistic
Threads: 43
Posted: 1/2/2014 at 2:42 AM Post #86

The colors of the outfit and headdress remind me of a beautiful package under the Christmas tree, or pretty jewels and baubles that are hanging from the tree. The wings in the shape of a heart represent how she wants to bring love and joy to others during the Christmas season - I imagine with her dragon-scale clothes and her dragon-like tail, she helps spread this love to Ny'vene or other dragon-type creatures. She uses her staff, a paintbrush-like staff of many colors, to create illusions of great beauty that lighten up the sky and the hearts of those who see them.
Narukaka
Level 64
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 2
Posted: 1/2/2014 at 7:50 AM Post #87

She is the Queen of the Wintergreen Fairies. Wintergreen Fairies are fairies that guard and protect the wintergreens. This is so that there are all ways enough wintergreens to be used as Christmas trees year after year. So next time you are in the forest looking for that perfect tree remember to thank the Wintergreen Fairies.
Edited By Narukaka on 1/2/2014 at 7:51 AM.
Aliciahou
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 81
Posted: 1/2/2014 at 11:52 AM Post #88

She is known as Lady Winter by the residents near her frosty abode in the South Pole. Legend has it that her eyes, once jet black, have changed to its current blue and are becoming even lighter because of her lifelong exposure to a wintry climate. She is only ever seen with her white and light blue gown and light blue necklace as clothing to protect her body from the cold, yet she never seems chilled. Most of the few times she has been seen, she was playing in the snow, with the snow swirling around her beautifully, as if in a dance. She seems to have a strong connection with nature, especially ice and snow. Birds constantly fly near her and act as her companions. She does not have a husband or family living with her, and it is unknown what else she does every day to take up the time; however people believe she spends all her time interacting with nature and playing in the snow.
Apirl39
Level 60
Threads: 2
Posted: 1/2/2014 at 1:23 PM Post #89

"I seen her! A woman spirit wondering the Tysonami Mountains. She wields a blade that is longer than a full grow Giant Sequoias tree!"

This fierce lady`s name is Yasuko Muto. She doesn`t talk as much as she is the only human living on the icy mountain. Yasuko`s home is a mystical cavern, that protects her from the harsh weather. Her duty, that was passed down generation to generation, is to protect the sylestis that live there. When she is not protecting, she is exploring the "dangerous" areas around her sacred mountain.This cause her to be seen by other humans and that is a reason for the tales about her .
Edited By Apirl39 on 1/2/2014 at 1:29 PM.
Coolkiwi
Level 65
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 27
Posted: 1/2/2014 at 2:18 PM Post #90

Mine is a deer prancing through a winter forest
it is based off of a dear.....
Edited By Coolkiwi on 1/2/2014 at 2:18 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.