Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > Winter Festival - Avatar Dress Up
Page 8 1, 2, 3... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Darkshadowangel
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 19
Posted: 12/30/2013 at 3:30 PM Post #71

This Avatar Design was inspired by my amazing older sister! Now, I know you might be thinking, 'that's a horrible thing to say, the avatar looks ready to kill someone.'. Well the reason for that is this. My big sister is always there for me, I can go to her whenever, and she's always ready and willing to protect me, so to speak. That explains the armor and sword. But the Winter veil and the wings, were because she's like an angel. She'd never do anything to hurt anyone, and loves to help people, so that explains my avatar! If there was a halo item (hint hint, Krin and Fai) then I would've used that.
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 213
Posted: 12/30/2013 at 6:09 PM Post #72

My avatar was just something i thought looked incredible..combination of symbols of good and evil with the horns and the wings..i dont really have a story to go with it and it was kinda self inspired..my own desire to see how it would look and i love it! :D
Stupic
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 4
Posted: 12/30/2013 at 8:14 PM Post #73

They said the high seas were no place for a woman. They also said Nephini were just legends.
Neither stopped Leora from following her dreams of finding gold in the form of a small dragon. Months rowing her tiny craft toward uncharted territories in search of uninhabited forests sent Leora nearly to believe the naysayers, and the storm nearly proved them right. It came in so fast, the winds so strong that Leora thought she was going to take her search to the seabed. As luck would have it, some very friendly water sylesti helped guide her craft. Where they dropped her, Leora didn't know; she was just glad to be on land again. As she searched the forest for people or any sign of the legendary Nephini, Leora caught a glimpse of gold in the trees. Curious, she investigated. A tiny scaled face stared out of the branches. Holding her breath, Leora carefully offered the creature the last bit of food she had. The result was Leora's dream come true, confirmation of a rare creature and a new life-long friend.

The cutlass is just there to tie everything together. Who knows where the story came from.
Kinuna
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 86
Posted: 12/31/2013 at 12:07 AM Post #74

I've decided to make an unusual character, so an unusual character calls for an unusual story. She lives in the mountains where it snows, explaining her white tiger fur, the snow wings, which in this case are just suppose to represent snow, not wings and her warm fur coat. Her coat is traditional wear among her women, and lucky for her, hers is less worn than most coats due to her age. Her hat though has seen better days, and unfortunately her head doesn't seem to grow as much as her body. The sadness in her eyes represent those eyes that long for warmth, and the flowers which she holds, which where she comes from very few grow up there due to the snowy climate. I made this character since I miss the warmth as well, although lucky for me winter is only a few months a year, and I'm sure by mid winter, if your not a young child there is a good chance you can't wait for the warmth of spring.
Shaylmesse
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 2
Posted: 12/31/2013 at 9:13 AM Post #75

Fate was a Wisp by birth right. As a Wisp, she had duties to perform in order to keep nature in balance. As Fate grew older, she began to grow wary of the role she was forced to play, year after year. Her life was consumed by making sure everything was well for everyone around, but never for herself. She was depressed, which turned into bitterness, and then into hatred. Her cold demeanor soon started effecting the world around. She was slowly turning the world to ice. An Elder nymph sought Fate out, warning her of what would come if she kept filling her heart with only hate, but Fate wouldn't listen. The Elder nymph placed a spell on the Wisp, turning her to ice. Each year, the Elder nymph releases Fate, in hopes that her icy heart has warmed. Each time, giving her a few months of freedom, freedom to find something to warm her being, but each year she only grows colder.
Sylvette
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 91
Posted: 12/31/2013 at 12:22 PM Post #76
Thank you PDG for letting me use your submission in part of my story OuO

There was a rumour less known throughout the land, yet whoever listens through the bonfire in the twilight snow feels shivers creep up their spines. When the mighty ice dragon sleeps in her snowy domain, her little elves come to play. Some are tiny like your little pinky. Some are as large as an ogre! But one little elf stands out the most. Unlike her other counterparts, she's the size of a human child, no older than 4 or 5, yet her bright gold eyes hint of mischief only the dragon will know. Rumours had it that one snowy night, a blizzard hailed the lands, and amongst the chaos and blinding white; a little angel emerged, clad in a soft white gingerbread dress and large cream wings, she was as innocent as a new-born. When rescuers heard giggling in the snow they rushed to help, braving the terrible storm. And from the gloom of darkness many eyes saw a grinning child holding a little paintbrush, her wings stained with blood. And cowering in the corner they prayed, until with a giant flap of her silvery wings she was gone.

Some say that she comes back every winter, painting every snowflake to her own perfection. And if you look very closely at one before it melts, you can even see a hint of red...

Crimson's my favourite colour. What's yours?
HibernusMortis
Level 60
Mojo Master
Threads: 7
Posted: 12/31/2013 at 7:37 PM Post #77
My oh my how are you two going to be able to judge among all of these entries...and there is still 5 days to go!
There's just so much creative and artistic talent among the Sylestia players here! One big reason why I enjoy it here at Sylestia.
Every entry here is awesome! :)
Katasaur
Level 60
Nature Walker
Threads: 42
Posted: 12/31/2013 at 11:21 PM Post #78

Coal Sprite
Coal sprites are small, fairy-like creatures that are most active during the winter months. Formed from the soot in chimneys, they are commonly found in households containing naughty children. Coal sprites are nocturnal in nature, and enjoy wreaking havoc throughout the home during the night while the family is sleeping. During the day, they enjoy hiding in stockings hung over the fireplace.

Signs that a coal sprite may be inhabiting your home may include:

- Shattered ornaments
- Singed curtains, rugs, or other fabrics
- Soot smudges on surfaces (check hearth for footprints)
- Torn wrapping paper

To prevent a coal sprite infestation, it is recommended that you sweep out your chimney regularly. If you believe you may have a sprite in your home, remove any misbehaving children from the house. Lack of a child to blame for their pranks will cause coal sprites to loose interest in the home. If this is not an option, try getting a cat.

Better be good, kids! Or you may get a lump of coal in your stocking...
Edited By Katasaur on 12/31/2013 at 11:30 PM.
Marbleboy
Level 62
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 0
Posted: 1/1/2014 at 12:45 AM Post #79

She is the Queen and defender of winter. She guides and protects all things having to do with winter for instance making sure Santa's reindeer don't get sick on Christmas eve. In short she is the Guardian of Winter and it's ruler.
Edited By Marbleboy on 1/1/2014 at 12:45 AM.
Ember2000
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 134
Posted: 1/1/2014 at 3:07 AM Post #80

The Goddess of the Snow
Now here is a tale, listen up folks, that will leave you both sad and a little bit tingly.

T'was the night before Christmas and a sweet little family; a mother, a father, and a daughter, had been drinking hot cocoa and warming up by the fireplace. Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Both mother and father exchanged glances wondering who could possibly be at their secluded home at this hour. The father got up and went to answer the door. Both mother and daughter heard a little shriek and that was all. After ten minutes the mother decided to check on her husband. The daughter was alone at the fireplace and after a few minutes she decided to disobeyed her mother's orders and went to the open door. She was taken aback at the sight before her. Laying on the snow was her mother and father brutally murdered by the strange guest. Laying in the snow, crying, the moon felt bad for the young girl. So the moon did the best that she could, the moon asked the earth to grow two giant trees and to have them forever be topped in snow, for their leaves to be forever green, and for them to grow in the place where the girl's parents would forever lay. The moon also pleaded with the stars to create a dress crafted from the brightest star dust to perfectly fit the girl. And lastly the moon gave the girl two gifts from herself; a staff that would forever remind the girl of her friend in the sky and a headdress that would reflect the stars on the cloudiest of nights. In the midst of this, the girl was starting to feel a piercing cold and it wasn't just her skin, or from the knee deep snow, but instead it felt like it was coming from within and when she started to sob again tears were not streaming down her cheeks, but instead streams came down from the sky, and chilled by the coldness of her heart the sky's tears turned to snow. Now and then the girl gets sad and it starts to snow. The sky is forever attached to her emotions and forever chilled by her heart. Every Christmas Eve the Goddess of the Snow remembers coming to the door and stepping outside to see her slain parents, and if you look quick enough the coldness of her heart warms enough to melt a single tear.

This was edited to fix typos and make the back story sound better! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Edited By Ember2000 on 1/1/2014 at 10:58 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.