Players 2,288 384
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,275,780 1,521
Generated 656,885 187
Captured 1,194,510 595
Bred 6,424,290 739
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Forever Young hatchlings.
Page 1 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 11/18/2013 at 1:27 AM Post #1
Let's face it, people, some hatchlings are just too dang cute!

I just hatched a Full Moon Lupora girl with visible Kitsune, and could she be any more perfect?

Do ya see that pale circle on her forehead? It looks like a Full Moon! And those other stray markings through and around it make it look like a cloudy night. Fitting I think, for a Full Moon Lupora.

Now let's see what happens when she grows up.

That once perfect little circle becomes a bit stretched, and the profile view loses the Full Moon decal that I just fell in love with. I wish I could keep her small. Actually there have been a few pets that I wish I could keep small.

So my suggestion, is a Forever Young potion that stops the growth of a hatchling, so that they may always be cute and adorable, and in her case *points to the Full Moon Lupora that I know will soon turn adolescent* PERFECT.
Edibbs
Level 60
The Tender
Threads: 85
Posted: 11/18/2013 at 8:42 AM Post #2
I really do like this idea because, I too, have had a plenty of baby pets that I fell in love with then, when they turned adolescent, thought that they lost their appeal. Especially my Lupora females; their eyes are so big and cute when they are small. >.< They are so adorable!

On the other hand, this would make it a lot easier for people to have a lot of pets without needing to buy more stable room for them. So, if this type of potion was to exist, I think it should be a diamond item. Something that people would only really buy if they wanted to keep their pet a baby, not just to cut costs on stable space. (Since It would cost more to potion every hatchery pet than it would to buy a new stable/tab.)
Talyn
Level 67
Trickster
Threads: 181
Posted: 11/18/2013 at 9:14 AM Post #3
I like this idea as well, however similar to what Edibbs says, I think it should have something to prevent people from misusing it, even though I have no qualms with people using it to make sure they don't loose baby pets that are precious to them, I just don't think it would be good to provide a way for hoarders to continue to hoard. I like the idea of it being a scale shop item, with a corresponding item that will allow users to undo the freezing. Which would be OKAY with my idea for regulating.

My idea to help regulate abuse, would to make it so that if you allow the ability to immortalize a Hatchling, make it so that the only thing that remains frozen is the hatchling's picture. This will allow the pet to age properly and still follow the "Adulthood" rules, preventing people from "freezing" their pet and keeping them in their hatchery when they have no room in the stables. A "Frozen" pet would still be released if you did not have stable space for them when they reached adulthood, and they would still eat food. They would only appear to be a hatchling.

Terminating their ability to breed however is approved of in my opinion. As long as a pet is "Frozen" I think they shouldn't be allowed to breed, even if they are technically labeled as an adult.
Edited By Talyn on 11/18/2013 at 9:21 AM.
Edibbs
Level 60
The Tender
Posted: 11/18/2013 at 9:21 AM Post #4
Oh, that is nice.^ Just a side note... I don't think you should be able to breed baby pets, though, if something like Talyn said were to happen. XD (Its just weird to breed an 'adult' pet that still looks like a hatchling, and it could also help dim the population growth.)

Edit: Derp-- wrote this while Talyn was editting her post. xD
Edited By Edibbs on 11/18/2013 at 9:22 AM.
Veshana
Level 63
Nature Walker
Threads: 26
Posted: 11/20/2013 at 1:37 AM Post #5
Honestly I think I making it reversible would lead to more abuse if it really just froze the pet and they didn't age. I also think keeping the picture a baby but aging is sort of awkward and pointless :/ I think it should either be a diamond shop item or a prohibitive amount of scale so people would only do it for very special pets. I wouldn't mind it being A LOT of scales and non tradeable that way if you were serious about freezing your pet you had to really work for it. I would assume making people do a lot of really tedious work for it would make it less likely to be abused.

You could also just limit the amounts of pets that can be frozen so people have to choose which ones are special enough to save. Or maybe have them auto sent to the stable but stay a baby in everyway. Making them eat is kind of pointless since the babies can't breed, do missions, or anything else that needs food. Just taking up that space in your stable would be a prohibitive measure.

Sorry for that wall of text, just some random ideas that came to mind :D
Razorjazzy
Level 59
Threads: 2
Posted: 11/20/2013 at 5:15 AM Post #6
I don't care what the consequences are, this needs to be an item! The babies are so adorable and I would love to be able to keep a few from aging.
I'll pay diamonds or a huge amount of scales if I have to. I'll keep the babies in my Stables, feed them food and not be able to breed them.
I'LL GO TO THE DEPTHS OF HELL AND KICK THE DEVIL IN THE SHIN JUST TO GET THIS ITEM!

... Probably not that last thing but you get what I'm saying, right? I'd do almost anything if I could keep some of my hatchlings young.
Edibbs
Level 60
The Tender
Posted: 11/20/2013 at 9:36 AM Post #7
Maybe, with the aging thing, it won't be labeled as an adult but it will still follow the guidelines of the actual age it has. i.g being moved to the stables at day 26. That way, its not super awkward and creepy that you have a baby adult pet. xD I do still approve of the 'frozen' pet needing to eat food, though. It will keep people from freezing a bunch of pets, aside from a handful for missions, quests and breeding, just to cut costs on food. If there is a loophole in the system, people will find it and they will use it. Its best to seal it shut at the get go.(;
Edited By Edibbs on 11/20/2013 at 9:37 AM.
Ash
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 44
Posted: 11/20/2013 at 12:01 PM Post #8
I like Edibbs suggestion of making it following the same progression as an adult.

I like the idea of referring to it as "Stunted Growth" rather than forever young. Then it would be purely visual, and wouldn't require the creation of any new rules regarding it's growth and wouldn't open any new opportunities for abuse.
Edibbs
Level 60
The Tender
Posted: 11/20/2013 at 3:09 PM Post #9
Oh, I like that. "Stunted Growth".
Talyn
Level 67
Trickster
Threads: 181
Posted: 12/3/2013 at 11:25 PM Post #10
Definitely a better term than forever young. I like it. I really hope this is made into an item. Some of those babies are just too darned cute to grow up.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.