Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Winter Festival ideas
Page 1 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Cerberus
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 167
Posted: 11/7/2013 at 5:10 PM Post #1
I know the fall festival isn't over yet but I keep coming up with ideas for the winter festival and want a place for others to share their ideas.(I know I am already Christmas shopping myself) I also want to thank Krinadon and Faiona for these fun events.

I will keep ideas updated in the second post.
Cerberus
Level 75
Trickster
Posted: 11/7/2013 at 5:10 PM Post #2
Ideas:

-Mini game (sort of) Have a Gift tree set up where you can send items OR pets to your friends and they can't open them until December 31st
-Advent Calender (Suggestion by ZELLY while we were talking)
-Use the Trick or treat feature but revamp it where you can hand out gifts (replacing handful of candy) -Crystal25152
-Random gift exchange/secret santa maybe? -Topazwolf

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=7758&page=1#9
Author: Flute
Time Posted: 11/13/2013 at 8:19 AM
I'd love a similar door-to-door thing, aha. c: Maybe the prizes can be more widespread though...(but that's just wishful thinking, maybe a top 100 mini prize or titles for every 50%-tile on leaderboard?)

Can't wait to see some ideas for genes/mutations/clothes. c:

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=7758&page=1#10
Author: Altaira
Time Posted: 11/18/2013 at 12:32 PM
As the dynamic event for the Winter Festival, might I suggest replacing the zombies with flying Faelora (Santa needs flying Faelora to make all the rounds!)?

1. Scale the mass and level better. I could barely beat back maybe 10 zombies and my level 60 tank - who was carrying mythic armor and ideally statted - had to be healed. The bounty drops (or lack of, rather) didn't make the healing cost worth it. I ended up avoiding most of the zombies because of it. Also 600 zombies was way too much - especially since most people usually stood by and waited for it to be over. These things took an hour or so to get rid of!

2. Make the dynamic event occur on a different part of the site or an "opt out" button. You should have seen the screaming in chat last night as people begged for the zombies to NOT be triggered. Most people wanted to hunt pets, not zombies.

3. The Named at the end of the dynamic event needs to drop special bounty every time if the zombies/faelora/whatever are going to be hard. Else, very few people are going to even try. Like I said, I sat out during most attacks.

Ideas for Winter Festival:
1. Snowflakes. I'd love a snowflake-cutting minigame. Or contest. Something.
2. "Make Sylestia Bright!" Sylestia is big, and it's going to be hard stringing all those Christmas/winter lights up! Each player can light up one string (clicking a button or something) every 3 or 6 hours. Random Festival prizes drop every 100th light string that's been lit. Or something like that.

Also, I love the advent calendar idea that someone else mentioned. :D

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=7758&page=2#11
Author: Greenmann
Time Posted: 11/18/2013 at 1:47 PM
Love the idea of lighting strings of lights, lol... I was thinking of caroling door to door, and being able to offer one of several different "treats" in return- wassail/spiced cinder, cookies, candy canes, etc. I didn't hunt much so didn't get the handsful of candy to give away, and refuse to buy something like that, so i would rather it wasn't something you had to find or buy to get, but that's me. Maybe as a caroler you could have a random selection of songs to sing, and as a host have a random assortment of goodies to offer, and if the two match up you both get a random prize? I'd like the prizes to be simple stuff like the missions drop personally, with maybe random really nice stuff to make it interesting. A holiday colored egg every once in a while would be nice, lol.

But please, don't make it a "contest" like the last one where you got more points for tricking. Meh, that was a bit of a downer. If there has to be a prize like this, make it a random drawing from those who participated, with each 10 instances of participating giving you another chance to win or something. I'd rather the prizes were random with a higher chance of getting something the more you play, rather than some kind of popularity contest where you get more points for doing something mischevous than if your nice.

Would love to see a game where you make toys or something. Help the elves make toys, and if you do an excellent job, get a prize, with maybe the chance at a special egg or something every now and then. The game mechanics could be similar to the fighting mechanism, but instead of slash and hit, there could be paint, hammer, saw, etc. till the item is done.

It would be cool to have a snowflake game, help Jack Frost make snow flakes, then get a bag of them to dump over your friends, lol. With a random chance at one of their pets getting a snow covered makeover (which could be temporary, or maybe rarely given a chance to say yes, keep the color!)

One of the first pet sites i joined does a really cool advent calender each year, with each day offering a new little animated short, and a prize (usually new items, and a few coins). Its really cool, you get cool stuff you can stockpile and sell later, but honestly I was always mostly entranced by the little animations. I liked collecting the stuff, but the animations were the cool part. It would be a ton of work for your staff though, even if it were just pics. Maybe make it a contest, and have people submit drawings to be used for each day of the advent? Or each day in December, even better, lol. Doesn't have to be "holiday" themed.

I liked the new colors offered, and the ryori are one of my favorites, but I had trouble catching even one. It would be nice if for those who have trouble with capturing pets, that they could get pets a different way, either from some other kind of contest or from one of the above mini games randomly, maybe as eggs instead of battleable pets. Especially as a new player, not everyone wants to battle constantly to get all the cool stuff. Just sayin...

Anyway, thnaks in advance for all the hard work to make a cool festival. If the last one is anything to go by, it should be great. I'm looking forward to what you put up!

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=7758&page=2#12
Author: HibernusMortis
Time Posted: 11/18/2013 at 2:36 PM
I think Altaira's idea of "Stringing the Lights" is a great idea! A fun community event where everyone can contribute to lighting up Sylestia during the entire event :)

Maybe you can do a Christmas version of ToT like...... "What was left in your Christmas Stocking" and having the options of PRESENT - COAL or Give a Gift

I also like Greenmans ideas of Toy making and the snowflake game.

Or I was also thinking of something like Greenman's idea of caroling door to door instead. Maybe make it a chance guessing game.

The visitor get a choice of four carols to sing from and chooses one, lets say.
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
Oh Christmas Tree
Frosty the Snowman
Deck the Halls
The host has to take a guess of what the Carolers chose to sing, say by choosing a simple icon
Reindeer
Christmas Tree
Snowman
Holly sprig
A player gets say one point for visiting, a host one point for guessing If they match up both players get maybe 3-4 points each.

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=7758&page=2#13
Author: Vegeta811
Time Posted: 11/18/2013 at 2:43 PM
I think instead of the headless horse man there should be a yeti.

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=7758&page=2#14
Author: Kalores
Time Posted: 11/18/2013 at 3:18 PM
Man, there are so many great ideas that everyone is suggesting! I really like the light string, snowflake, and toy making ideas. The door to door caroling sounds cool too. Where Halloween is all about Trick or Treating, Christmas/Holiday seasons are all about giving. We could go with a caroling door to door or maybe a Secrete Santa door to door. You can give presets but can't open them until Decemeber 25th.

A couple ideas I thought of expanding on are:

Secrete Santa - either the door to door version mentioned, or maybe those that want to participate can sign up for it (if it is an official game/event), and after the cut off date, we each get assigned someone to get gifts for.

Wish List - there could be a spot in your profile to make a wish list so that people have an idea of what to get you for Secret Santa.

Two types of Holiday Currency - one can be used to by the holiday avatar stuff, the other currency is used to buy Secret Santa gifts for people.

Special Secret Santa Shop - used with a special currency to buy gifts for others. Gift item ideas could be: special holiday pet eggs to gift to users with either a known or surprise pet inside(wish list section with preferred pets could be useful for this), random surprise pet present with essences, philters, dyes, or mutators inside, random holiday avatar item surprise present with a holiday avatar item inside, and a money surprise present that either has money inside or a small chance of having diamonds.

I can't wait to see more ideas~ :)

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=7758&page=2#15
Author: Nualla
Time Posted: 11/18/2013 at 3:37 PM
I think it would be awesome to have an arctic lemming type pet for the festival.
There aren't any rodent type sylesties yet.

or maybe an arctic ermine

I can just imagine a little santa hat on him

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=7758&page=2#16
Author: Kestral
Time Posted: 11/18/2013 at 4:31 PM
Giving tree - There could be a list of items you can wish for, which goes on a "Tree". It would be anonymous, but everyone could see it. Once every twelve hours, a site user can go to the tree, pick a random request and click a button allowing them to fulfill it. The item would be sent from the admin, and the site loser would not lose anything, only gain points, (ex. Hallowed Points) once a day, you can post another request if your previous request has been fulfilled and if you have fulfilled a request.

Gifts- Like the gift tree, you can "wrap" a gift (an item, Syletsti, ect.) and it gets put under that users "Tree" These gifts could be opened on Christmas.

Dreidel Game- a game concerning a dreidal

Santa - Krin could dress up as Santa and give everyone presents. XD

Candle game- A daily game where you light a candle and win a gift.

I like the idea of caroling

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=7758&page=2#18
Author: Dragonemperess
Time Posted: 11/18/2013 at 4:56 PM
The Idea of a snowball fight popped into my head.

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=7758&page=2#19
Author: Lauth
Time Posted: 11/18/2013 at 5:07 PM
If you want to use the same system as trick or treating again, maybe you could be Naughty or Nice to people! c:

As the dynamic event for the Winter Festival, might I suggest replacing the zombies with flying Faelora (Santa needs flying Faelora to make all the rounds!)?

1. Scale the mass and level better. I could barely beat back maybe 10 zombies and my level 60 tank - who was carrying mythic armor and ideally statted - had to be healed. The bounty drops (or lack of, rather) didn't make the healing cost worth it. I ended up avoiding most of the zombies because of it. Also 600 zombies was way too much - especially since most people usually stood by and waited for it to be over. These things took an hour or so to get rid of!

2. Make the dynamic event occur on a different part of the site or an "opt out" button. You should have seen the screaming in chat last night as people begged for the zombies to NOT be triggered. Most people wanted to hunt pets, not zombies.

3. The Named at the end of the dynamic event needs to drop special bounty every time if the zombies/faelora/whatever are going to be hard. Else, very few people are going to even try. Like I said, I sat out during most attacks.

2. "Make Sylestia Bright!" Sylestia is big, and it's going to be hard stringing all those Christmas/winter lights up! Each player can light up one string (clicking a button or something) every 3 or 6 hours. Random Festival prizes drop every 100th light string that's been lit. Or something like that.

Edited By Cerberus on 12/2/2013 at 5:04 PM.
Cerberus
Level 75
Trickster
Posted: 11/11/2013 at 5:05 PM Post #3
must be too early to be thinking about this lol.
Crystal25152
Level 66
Trickster
Threads: 365
Posted: 11/11/2013 at 6:52 PM Post #4
Santa Gifts could be like the Handful of Candy...
TopazWolf
Level 61
Holiday Caroler
Threads: 72
Posted: 11/11/2013 at 7:20 PM Post #5
Maybe we could do like an activity gift-exchange, where we all send gifts to random players (every body gets one) and then we all open them and see what we got!
Cerberus
Level 75
Trickster
Posted: 11/11/2013 at 8:04 PM Post #6
cool ideas :D Krin said he is already working on the winter one <3
Kestral
Level 62
The Whimsical
Threads: 87
Posted: 11/11/2013 at 9:17 PM Post #7
:P, I am already brainstorming pet mutations and genes, if they have a game like that in the winter festival
Cerberus
Level 75
Trickster
Posted: 11/12/2013 at 3:27 PM Post #8
yea they have that again this time ^.- go post your ideas would love to see them :)
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 11/13/2013 at 8:19 AM Post #9
I'd love a similar door-to-door thing, aha. c: Maybe the prizes can be more widespread though...(but that's just wishful thinking, maybe a top 100 mini prize or titles for every 50%-tile on leaderboard?)

Can't wait to see some ideas for genes/mutations/clothes. c:
Altaira
Level 60
Threads: 15
Posted: 11/18/2013 at 12:32 PM Post #10

Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.015 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.