Forum Index > Find Roleplayers > Mythos High
Page 9 1, 2, 3... 8, 9, 10... 21, 22, 23 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Lolidragon
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 21
Posted: 10/8/2014 at 5:24 AM Post #81
I don't know if you are aware, but the actual character that the pic of Jen is of is absolutely awesome. Nice choice! :)
Yinwolf0406
Level 23
Threads: 3
Posted: 10/8/2014 at 9:23 AM Post #82
Thanks! I like it too. :)
Entropy
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 27
Posted: 10/8/2014 at 2:31 PM Post #83
I think if you've decided to make your character raised by dragons, and also updated her age to 14, you might want to edit the original info sheet for her with that? (Also, is her name Arya or Araya, since I saw you refer to her mostly as Arya but the original said Arya.)

And I do still believe you might want an exact species for her, although she might not herself know. Although I'd say if they can shape shift you might want to establish if they're capable of any form, or only certain ones. And if it's any form, then she probably wouldn't have a monster form.

I have some suggestions if you like? She could be a Puca, and there are various other species that have one or two forms. But most of what I can find seem to be humans who can transform into many animals, which wouldn't be allowed here. So I'm not sure if your character will be okay if she's intended to be able to shape shift into many forms.

And a little more information about her personality might be nice, but as long as you update it as you go like you said you like to figure out your character as time goes it'll be okay. :)
Edited By Entropy on 10/8/2014 at 4:17 PM.
Kitsumetails
Level 60
The Artistic
Threads: 18
Posted: 10/8/2014 at 3:55 PM Post #84
Oh! Kyouko! Accepted!
Kitsumetails
Level 60
The Artistic
Threads: 18
Posted: 10/8/2014 at 4:08 PM Post #85
I agree with what Entropy said, just add some more details.
I am trying to find a creature that is capable of shape-shifting, but I honestly can't find one exactly like you want.
Here's something that may be nice, though, fitting in the 'Human' class, I would say.

Selkies are creatures found in Faroese, Icelandic, Irish, and Scottish mythology. They have the ability to transform themselves from seal to human form. Selkies are able to shapeshift by shedding their seal skin, a risky endeavor because they must reapply the same skin in order to return to seal form. Stories surrounding these creatures are usually romantic tragedies. They are allowed to make contact with humans for only a short amount of time before they must return to the sea. In many cases humans have unknowingly fallen in love with selkies. Other times, humans have hidden the skin of the selkie, thus preventing it from returning to seal form. Male selkies are very handsome in their human form, and have great seduction powers over women. If a man finds and steals a female selkies skin then she will be under his control and is often times forced to become his wife. The creatures have been known to lure humans into the sea, by creating illusions and a false sense of reality.

Something close? Also, the Peca is a nice fit too.
Bmrbgttyjjl
Level 64
The Perfectionist
Threads: 86
Posted: 10/9/2014 at 10:46 PM Post #86
Hang in there with me I'm not very good at RPGs that don't involve Batman

Name: Saquia
Species: Satyr
Student or Staff: ?
Preferred weapon: Dao Swords, Her Antlers, A special projectile she makes herself (Think really sharp metal chopsticks)
History: Sorry about the super long history I started typing and couldn't stop >.< The Satyr clans are constantly at war and she was the firstborn of one of the clans. When she was 4 she watched her parents get assassinated. She took her little sister and ran. When she was 5 a kindly old woman found her and her sister sleeping in a bush. She took them in and taught Saquia how she and Phinesa could hide among the humans. The old woman-who insisted that the satyrs call her Grandmother Diann- died when Saquia turned 9. Her last words to Saquia were "I am going to die soon. Here, Saquia, take this," She hands her a rather large pouch of gold, "There are also two dresses for you and your sister each in my room. After I die, leave right away. My children will be here soon after my death. I haven't told you this but my dear husband was killed by a satyer and if my children saw you they'd kill you." Saquia and Phinesa left the next day before dawn. Saquia managed the gold very carefully and because of her accounting skill Grandmother Diann taught her the gold lasted until she turned 12. After that she started working as a nanny to young humans. When she turned 13 her horns started growing in. One night a rather vulgar, middle-aged hunter followed her into the woods in hope to convince her 'parents' to allow him to marry her. When she got to the clearing Phinesa was hiding in she was so tried she forgot to look around before telling Phinesa it was safe to come out. When the hunter saw Phinesa and her early grown horns he went mad with lust for her head to add to his wall of prey. Without pause he lunged for Phinesa drawing a sword to cut off her head, but before his blade hit flesh Saquia's dao sword was drawn and parried his blade. He fought well with wild animals but with a skilled swordsman (or woman) he did not fair well and Saquia quickly slue him. She had never had to kill before and she was sick for weeks. Phinesa managed to find enough edible berries for both of them without being seen during Saquia's sickness. When Saquia became well her horns had started growing in earnest. At first she was pleased then she noticed it would be quite hard to hide them when she went to town. She did her hair a certain way that hide her horns and went to town. Little to her knowledge a young man, Roron (14 years old), from town had developed a rather large crush on her. She enjoyed his company and manners very much, a little too much. Soon the whole village had started imagining a whole little family for them and she didn't mind. Soon it was her 16th birthday, and the whole town somehow discovered that (Roron) and threw her a party. She didn't stay at first but when she told Phinesa about it she made Saquia go back. Saquia quickly and quietly thanked her sister as soon as she got back to town. Saquia had a wonderful evening (Spent mostly with Roron). Near the end of the party Roron took her aside and touched her check ever so gently. She wrapped her hand around his and pulled it down off her face, then he started leaning in slowly and she leaned toward him. Then he kissed her. It was wonderful. Suddenly Roron steped back and asked, "What are those?" Saquia reached up to feel her head and noticed to her horror her hair had falling down during the kiss. Before another word left Roron's lips she ran off crying. She heard Roron chasing after her however he do not know how hard it was to keep up with, let alone catch, a satyr. Once she reached the clearing she told Phinesa what happened. She and Phinesa left the next day after which Saquia started cutting her horns so they wouldn't be noticed. They traveled for 2 and a half years. One day in a small town Saquia heard about Mythos High and she came here.
Personality: Motherly to her little sister and a little jealous of her at the same time. A little to grown up for her age. Seemingly cold.
Human form (N/A for Humaniod class):
Monster form:
Other: If you don't what her being a student you can have her be an assistant fighting teacher

Name: Phinesa
Species: Satyr
Student or Staff: Student Humanoid class
Preferred weapon: None yet she has never had to fight before. (Saquia started to teach her to use half her dao sword before they heard about Mythos high)
History: As long as she can remember her sister took care of her. She does, vaguely, for time to time remember a older woman caring for her and Saquia told her that was Grandmother Diann. When they stopped for long time and Saquia went to town for a long time Phinesa would sneak over to the 'rich' part of town and spy on them. And once they got their antlers it became hard for her sister, who opted to keep her's short to go to town for food.
Personality: Overly flirtatious. Oblivious to everyone else's feelings. Cares for her sister. Wishes she could do more for her. Almost instantly develops a crush on any boy she meets.
Monster form:
Other: She's really good at being/becoming 'invisible' especially in the woods. Very (and i mean VERY) excited to meet and talk to guys (Never has before). However, she's scared Saquia might scare off all the cute ones by being overly protective.

Fruit Salad!
Edited By Bmrbgttyjjl on 10/12/2014 at 11:41 PM.
Desiree
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 20
Posted: 10/10/2014 at 8:40 AM Post #87
Aww~ Cute characters!
Entropy
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 27
Posted: 10/10/2014 at 12:44 PM Post #88
I simply cannot resist. I do have one other character other than this one I'd like to make, but I will really honestly try to see if I'll have enough energy for another before making them. I only wish I knew I had enough already so I could just have all four, haha.

Name: Chusi
Sex: Female
Species: Feathered Serpent
Student or Staff: Student
Preferred weapon: In her monster form, she prefers to fly away from a confrontation, but if cornered she has a painful and mildly poisonous bite, and her tail can knock over some smaller opponents. In her human form she is highly agile, and likes to strike quick and close with a dagger (preferably poisoned), she also has fair competence with a staff.
History: (Starting with a bit of background info/general history before her personal history. Note: I made this up to make everything run smoother. If me re-writing some mythos isn't okay then I'll remove it.) Feathered serpents have been mistaken as deities by people native to their region before. Case in point was Quetzocoatl, a truly massive feathered serpent. He had been in charge of all the feathered serpents in the area before the humans discovered him and decided to worship him. As they recognized him as a singular being, he realized all his kin would have to disguise themselves or else a slaughter of both species would occur because of the humans anger at being tricked. All feathered serpents therefore learned to hide themselves in human form, and to this day it is only with extreme caution in hidden places they allow themselves to don it. (Now onto personal history yay.) Chusi was born into a brood of many siblings, like all serpents. However, as time went on most were simply too weak to survive. She was taught from a young age the value of strength, cunning, and most of all, deception. Her family moved from the "ancestral birthing grounds" (which she had always thought sounded silly, especially as it was now mostly a series of homes with some woods around it owned by wealthy feathered serpents) to a large urban area when she was 12. She wasn't ever allowed to be in her serpent form when she was there, and she loathed it. She tackled school and social interaction with the same ruthless practicality that had guided her early childhood. She accomplished a lot, but she was never happy. Eventually, her parents realized that the human world had no more to offer her at the time, and with her perfect grades and high physical proficiency it was a breeze for her to get into Mythos High.
Personality: She is forceful, but sly about it. When she decides what she wants she doesn't let anything stop her from pursuing it. She doesn't like making enemies, she prefers to have everyone on her side at the same time, even if it is exhausting for her to keep up with everything she has told each person she believes.
Monster form: But with no horns, all teeth inside her mouth and more slender and snake like, and no tail adornment.
Other:Despite her heavy reliance on flattery and misdirection, she hates thinking she's been lied to and will go to much trouble to extract vengeance on someone who has taken her for a fool. She uses anyone who she feels will be of use to her. Most of her manipulation and perfectionist tendencies stem from her deep need of approval and praise. She was never told good job or anything of the like when she was young, only instructed how she could do better. She deeply envies people who simply speak their mind freely, and don't care what anyone else thinks. She really just wants someone who will like her for herself, not her formidable persona. She likes poetry, sweets, small animals, all plants but especially cacti, and writing stories heavily inspired by herself and people she has known in life. She also sheds once a year in her serpent form, it usually occurs near the beginning of summer and can last for a little more than a week. It's very itchy and it's the only thing she doesn't like about that form. As a result, she carries lotion with her at all times in human form so she never gets dry or itchy skin.

(AND FRUIT SALAD GOSH DARN IT. I failed to remember to put that yet again, haha.)
Edited By Entropy on 10/10/2014 at 12:49 PM.
Desiree
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 20
Posted: 10/10/2014 at 3:32 PM Post #89
I just couldn't handle myself when I saw these two images.... This is my last character, promise. (Probably not lol.)

Character Five
Name: Lorelei
Species: Ethiopian Pegasus
Student or Staff: Student, Equine Class
Preferred weapon: She doesn't really have a preferred one, but she mostly uses swords.
History: Lorelei lived in an African savanna with her parents for her life. When she was in her early teenage years, her parents wanted her to go to school, since they wanted her to grow and learn. Though Lorelei did not want to go to school and leave her parents, she went anyway, if it was what her family pleased. So they sent her to Mythos and she got into the school.
Personality: Lorelei is friendly and is willing to help out anyone in need. She does not like to learn and study, since she thinks she knows a lot when she doesn't. But she forces herself to listen carefully and study, for she wanted her parent to be happy. Lorelei is quite serious and quiet, mostly because she had to leave her parents. Everyday she misses them dearly and even says goodnight out her window. She likes to run and feel the air rushing into her face. Everyday she misses her African home, the air, the sounds and the other animals that were around her. She prefers to keep quiet about her parents and her home place. Because whenever she talks about it, it makes her feel sad and homesick.
Monster form:
(Looks like this except she has two horns kinda like a satyrs.^^)
Other:

Okay, this SHOULD be my last one. I think I can keep up with these characters.
Edited By Desiree on 10/10/2014 at 4:34 PM.
Yinwolf0406
Level 23
Threads: 3
Posted: 10/10/2014 at 7:05 PM Post #90
I had to.... The pictures are too awesome.
Name: Oceanna (pronounced OSHI-AHNA)
Species: Ti-Lung (a sea dragon)
Student or Staff: Student: Bird Class
Preferred weapon: A trident
History: Oceanna was raised by her sea dragon parents. She was very immature and always got into trouble. Her parents were always trying to be more strict and get her some discipline, but they couldn't. They loved her too much and hated to see her upset. They decided to send her to school, for their daughter's sake. Oceanna loved her parents too, and hated to part with them.
Personality: Funny, immature, prankster, gets in trouble for pranking others (especially with teachers), loves to laugh, doesn't mind when people call her weird, sporty
Monster form:
Other: Loves to swim, but likes all sports
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 8, 9, 10... 21, 22, 23
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.