Author Thread Post
Maident
Level 60
Fancy Pants
Threads: 6
Posted: 5/30/2014 at 11:30 PM Post #1
iota
noun
1. the ninth letter of the Greek alphabet, transliterated as i.
the ninth star in a constellation.
2. an extremely small amount.
"nothing she said seemed to make an iota of difference"

Hi and welcome to my first RP ^_^. I've been working on this for awhile, and I'm hoping that it'll make sense as it goes because I tend to be a little too verbose when explaining. The basic idea is that you are an "Iota" (a being that can manipulate several things, not the least of things being the actual creation of many things (like armor and relics, but more diverse)). Everything in the world is tied together, but the basic components are colors and the three types of materials: component, trinket, and quantum.

You are in another world... a fairly 'blank' world that you have been assigned to, and have to work together with your fellow Iota to shape it for habitation. There will be certain obstacles, as energy tends to be connected to each other, and even ordinary dandelions can turn into Dandy Lions (there will be combat, and yes you can die).

For now, you start in the Landing Zone, where a NPC resides.

Such NPCs will help you with simple tasks if you recruit them, and will have status indicators when they change tasks. They almost always start by simply gathering and depositing iota of colors they show (in the above case, that would be brown and green). Thus, the Landing zone looks grassy and fairly Earth-like.

You start out with a non-fabled 0-vis sylesti (but eventually, you can get to 6-vis). Don't worry, you can just generate a sylesti for the sake of this RP, it doesn't have to be one you own. As you explore, create, and venture out, the world will be shaped by each Iota. Have fun!

Form:
Name:
Colors:
Generated Sylesti:
Anything else?:

Limit of four Iota, two max of any one kind (ie: Aeridini) per user

If anybody has questions, suggestions, or is interested in any way shape of form, feel free to post (and ping me)!

The thread: http://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=14474
Edited By Maident on 6/18/2014 at 3:02 AM.
Magicflight
Level 60
Threads: 33
Posted: 5/31/2014 at 1:51 PM Post #2
I'll join! S there a form?
Maident
Level 60
Fancy Pants
Posted: 5/31/2014 at 3:28 PM Post #3
:D
Not yet haha... (Should there be one? I'm new to this, so let me know if you would like one)
What would be important to know (besides the usual name and gender kind of thing)?
Magicflight
Level 60
Posted: 5/31/2014 at 3:38 PM Post #4
Maybe. Just for like

Name:

etc

I can help you out if you'd like. I've made roleplays before on different websites
Maident
Level 60
Fancy Pants
Posted: 5/31/2014 at 3:58 PM Post #5
Hm, okay. I'll put one in the first post.
Yeah I could use some help, thanks ^_^
Magicflight
Level 60
Posted: 5/31/2014 at 4:07 PM Post #6
Okay. Hang on a second and I'll make a form.

What would you need help with?
Maident
Level 60
Fancy Pants
Posted: 5/31/2014 at 4:11 PM Post #7
Yeah, it's mostly about mechanics. I'm not sure how much is too much. A previous iteration of this had numbers (too many I guess ._.), which basically meant you could calculate what two quantum of one type versus two quantum of two types would affect a zone, and surrounding zones. It would be easy to see how battles would resolve, and I could leave loot tables and let the users go encounter as they wished. However, the other side requires more invisible power and less numbers, and more of a back-and-forth. (Sorry if this is confusing, let me know if something makes no sense and I'll try to explain it better... xP).
Magicflight
Level 60
Posted: 5/31/2014 at 4:21 PM Post #8
*Gasping for air*

I have no clue what quntuam's are and what-not

also

Name: Caspi
Breed: Aeridini
Colors: <Before visible's <With visibles
Anything else?: Caspi is kind, funny, cute, and most of all hyper. She seems to have ADD and has a hard time focusing. She is kind to a fault and always trying to be silly

Name: Roma
Breed: Aeridini
Colors: < Before visibles <With visibles
Anything else?: Roma is serious, stern, and can be a bit harsh but when he's with Caspi he's different. He's more light hearted kind and loses some of his stern air. Its obvious he has a soft spot for Caspi.
Edited By Magicflight on 5/31/2014 at 4:33 PM.
Maident
Level 60
Fancy Pants
Posted: 5/31/2014 at 4:27 PM Post #9
Sorry. (I did try to warn about the verbose thing, eep.)

They're a type of material, like trinkets, and can be found in a variety of ways.
Let's say you find some dandelions and want to make them into a relic for your Iota. Sometimes, as you harvest, you can find other things (like enemies), better materials (trinkets), or quantum - which is the building block of the world, and has a couple of quantifiers, the main one being color.

The Landing Zone is mostly made of Brown quantum, and some Green quantum. These two have made an earthy, grassy sort of plains (fairly blank, and safe). You can, as an Iota, mold and change this, and as you venture out and create, the quantum basically feeds into the energy stream, warping the zones and adjusting the kinds of things you might find or that find you. A past iteration was build-heavy where the Iota made towns for shelter against the Zones of Silver and Purple (with a little Red quantum around the border). Bottom line, every action (and Iota) influences and is influenced upon the these Iota and what they do. Thus, it is the realm of creation.
Magicflight
Level 60
Posted: 5/31/2014 at 4:33 PM Post #10
Okay. That makes sense
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.