Forum Index > General Discussion > Rare Pet Adoption Thread Interest
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 9/2/2013 at 6:58 PM Post #1
There's been some ideas for an adoption thread that provides hard to get pets to those who either don't have any at all or are lacking a female and therefore can't breed more of their own. Originally, the idea was for Ny'venes but we've been thinking about Nephinis and Puffadores.

I need to give credit to Sylvette who thought about making an actual adoption thread, that it should include more species, and suggestions on what to do and also to Zelly who has given her advice based on past experience on how to run such a project. Sheechwan has wonderfully volunteered to run the the actual adoption thread.

If there is enough interest we will be looking for those willing to donate the rare pets included in the adoption thread, suggestions on what the thread should be named, and ideas on how we should run it.

I'll post suggestions on how the adoption thread should be run in the next post.

Edited By 135 on 9/2/2013 at 7:00 PM.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Posted: 9/2/2013 at 6:58 PM Post #2
Suggestions for how to run the adoption thread. Feel free to make suggestions and read through and voice your opinion on suggestions already made.

Here are some basic ideas on how to run it by Zelly. I kinda retyped them into the below since we were talking via private chat/IMs/whatever they're called.

People may specifically ask for the gender of a species that they do not have. But if you get a female and you still would like to have a male you can apply again for a male but you would be dropped to the back of the list or maybe need to wait a certain number of days to ask to apply. That way everyone gets a chance faster than the person who has already received a pet.

There should be a minimum account age before applying. This rules out anyone that may play the game for a couple days and decite it's not for them. Perhaps 14 days before being able to apply? The idea is that two weeks is a good basis on playing long enough to have some reasonable interest.

A person may be able to pick a pet if there's a multiple pets up for adoption at once. If someone turns down all available pets the person gets dropped to the back to prevent someone sitting at the front of the list waiting for a better pet. This is to prevent a person sitting through several batches holding up the line as whoever is in charge needs to tell them about each new batch and other applicants having to wait for them while they keep turning down pets. At the same time if the person hates the current pets they can still come back up for a pet later.

There should be a time limit to make a selection. That way if someone goes offline for a week the line won't be held up. 72 hours is a possible time limit. If a pet is not selected in the time limit the person goes to the back of the list. This way the person is not completely passed over. Also, donators won't have to deal with pets growing up in their hatcheries or having space in their stables.

If a person comes to the front and fails to make a selection 3 times they will be removed from the list. The list keeper will add a * next to their name each time they fail to select. Being removed from the list won't count against you. You're just no longer on it. Removal will come with a ping so if you were on vacation you can ask to be re-added.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Posted: 9/2/2013 at 6:59 PM Post #3
Reserved just in case.
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 9/3/2013 at 8:16 AM Post #4
First i'd like to give a big thank you to Shee both for her willingness to step up to potentially run this, and for her raffles in the first place. Her generosity in her raffles gave me my first female Ny'vene when I was in the very same situation and inspired me to do several giveaways of my own to those in a similar position before the Adoption concept was conceived.

Most of my suggestions are already in the concept posts, but I did want to drop by and say that for name concepts I still like the idea of Fabled Adoptions or Fabled Adoption Center. We're talking about potentially including the Puffs, but I think they are close enough to fall under the blanket label as they are acquired in a similar method to the Ny'vene.
Sheechwan
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 150
Posted: 9/3/2013 at 8:35 AM Post #5
I'll more than happy to run the Thread, since I'll stop my Ny'Vene Raffles for
taking care of the Center, I wouldn't have too much to do and the Ny'Vene
will be available for the Center!~ <3

I'll be also able to give some Nephinis out!

I don't know about the Lighira's thou, because there's quite plenty ATM...
Thanks to the Festival, they're almost common, almost~ XP
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 9/3/2013 at 9:18 AM Post #6
I agree. I don't think Ligh are hard to get ahold of anymore, and they are readily available for quite cheap on the search as their sales recently took a big hit (not that they were really out of newbie price range before that anyway).

Currently sitting on 1 male and 1 female Ny'vene for the adoption pool, and will be able to begin contributing Puffs fairly soon.
Edited By 3878 on 9/3/2013 at 9:32 AM.
Sylvette
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 91
Posted: 9/3/2013 at 10:09 AM Post #7
OMG @Sheechwan, @Zelly, you guys are amazing for helping out and leading this and thanks @Savynn, for having the idea in the first place to do this generous thing XD

So far I've got 2 puffs, and a couple of ny'venes (since they're out for gold now) that I can hopefully breed a lot of pretty babies with and share them with lots of ppl

And now all's left is waiting to see anyone is interested too :3c
Edited By 3716 on 9/3/2013 at 10:10 AM.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Posted: 9/3/2013 at 11:24 AM Post #8
@Sylvette, It was you who came up with the idea, not me. I was just trying to donate one ny'vene at first. Glad though we all worked together regardless of who came up with things though.

@Zelly, I do like Fabled Adoptions or Fabled Adoptions Center.

I was wondering if it would be best to message @Sheechwan, with pets we already have that we can donate or link them in the adoption center when it's up? Which would be most convenient? I think I was wanting to bring up another idea but I just woke up and can't remember.
Kinuna
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 86
Posted: 9/3/2013 at 12:12 PM Post #9
I can contribute, currently though, i can only contribute ny'venes, I just bought a baby female puffadore, but lucky for me she was the only female up for sale, and was easily in my price range. Shes quite a cutie, once I start getting more I'm more then willing to contribute them as well. My ny'venes should be decent, i got quite a few females and most have almost every gene on carry and possibly a 1 or more shows, depending on the father.
Selestial
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 184
Posted: 9/3/2013 at 1:02 PM Post #10
I can contribute with Ny'Venes, Puffs, and Nephinis! x3 This is an awesome idea and I'd lvoe to see some pets I've bred be adopted out.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.