Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Bug Reporting > Vanishing Essences
Page 1 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Blue
Level 60
Threads: 42
Posted: 12/21/2012 at 11:31 PM Post #1
I had five Zolnixi Essences (a stack of 1 and a stack of 4), generated a Zolnixi as a mate to one of my existing ones, and when I checked my inventory all five were gone, rather than just the one that should have been used. :<
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,122
Posted: 12/22/2012 at 7:32 AM Post #2
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 5/18/2024 at 3:08:57am

I had five Zolnixi Essences (a stack of 1 and a stack of 4), generated a Zolnixi as a mate to one of my existing ones, and when I checked my inventory all five were gone, rather than just the one that should have been used. :<

@Blue

I will investigate this issue and see what I can find.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 12/22/2012 at 8:37 AM Post #3
Hm. Well, firstly, I returned your lost Zolnixi Essences to you.

I couldn't find out why, where, or how this happened. I also was unable to duplicate it.

When you generated your pet, the stack of 1 was consumed and deleted. Your stack of 4 was untouched. However, it was removed from your inventory as well. I couldn't find how that would even happen

Can you be as descriptive as possible with the steps you took for this to happen? Like, did you have your inventory open while you generated and then afterwards, went to stack the 4 onto the 1 (Even though at that point the 1 would have been consumed)? If so, as a precaution I made this no longer possible to do. If you generate a pet via Essence, your Inventory must be reloaded before doing anything.

Or, did you generate, load your Inventory, and just everything was gone? Or did you try moving the Essences and then they disappeared?

Just whatever you can remember so I can try and find/duplicate the issue and fix it. Thank you. And sorry for the inconvenience.
Blue
Level 60
Threads: 42
Posted: 12/22/2012 at 9:32 AM Post #4
I believe I had a couple other generator pages open in other tabs (one was a blank regular generator that I had opened before and forgot what I was going to do with, the other was a preview generator to help me visualize what my existing parent would look like with his gene showing). I did not have my inventory open. I noticed they were gone a few minutes later when I went to open a satchel from a just-completed mission (almost immediately after generating the pet), and the two satchels were occupying the two slots where the Essences ought to have been.

Thank you very much for returning them, and I hope you can find the root of the problem. I'd hate for it to happen to anyone else. D:
Cad24
Level 29
Threads: 1
Posted: 12/23/2012 at 11:41 PM Post #5
Hi, i had a Vulnyx Essence, and when i tried to generate a Vulnyx, my essence was gone. Can you please help?
Shadowphyr
Level 60
Threads: 44
Posted: 12/24/2012 at 2:02 AM Post #6
Krin, is it possible that generating a Sylesti is treating all like essences as the same item? Clearly not all the time, but is it possible? It would explain why some may experience entire stacks (of a specific essence) disappearing when generating a single Sylesti.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 12/24/2012 at 10:50 AM Post #7
@Cad24

The database is showing that the item was deleted. This means it was either sold to the sellarea, consumed, or traded to another player.

Did you go to generate your Vulnyx, but received an error? (Like, you used too many Genotypes). And then when you tried to do it again the essence wasn't there anymore? Basically, can you tell me specifically what you did for it to be consumed? That way, I can try and find what happened.

To Shadowphyr, in Blue's case, the stack of 4 was removed from their inventory, but not consumed. I just had to simply return it to their inventory.

In Cad24's case, his item was actually consumed somewhere.

Code wise, it should not be possible for it to use the wrong essence. But it doesn't necessarily mean it's case But it shouldn't be lol.
Shimegami
Level 50
Threads: 1
Posted: 12/24/2012 at 12:42 PM Post #8
I also ran into this problem. I received an Enchanced Vulnyx Essence and a standard Aurleon Essence, and both were in my inventory when I checked on them before generating.

My Aurleon was generated just fine, but when I went to generate my Vulnyx, it said it couldn't find the item, and the essence was gone from my inventory. ): I had no other tabs open, nor did I get any errors before the "couldn't find item" one.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 12/24/2012 at 3:49 PM Post #9
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 5/18/2024 at 3:08:57am

I also ran into this problem. I received an Enchanced Vulnyx Essence and a standard Aurleon Essence, and both were in my inventory when I checked on them before generating.

My Aurleon was generated just fine, but when I went to generate my Vulnyx, it said it couldn't find the item, and the essence was gone from my inventory. ): I had no other tabs open, nor did I get any errors before the "couldn't find item" one.

@Shimegami

I am very sorry this happened. I am on my phone atm, but will investigate and return any lost essences when I am able to access my laptop.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 12/24/2012 at 6:11 PM Post #10
@Shimegami

After looking, the Aurleon Essence was consumed when you created Phoenix. Your Enhanced Vulnyx Essence was actually deleted 4 minutes later.

Can you remember what you did ~4 minutes after you created your Aurleon in regards to your Inventory?

Items being deleted is becoming quite a problem. Just trying to pinpoint where exactly things are getting deleted so I can try and find the issue and fix it.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.015 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.