Forum Index > News and Announcements > Faelora Revamp Sketches 3.0
Page 4 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
BlazeMokian
Level 63
Trickster
Threads: 57
Posted: 8/24/2021 at 12:55 AM Post #31
Oh these are looking so good but please.... please do not decrease the amount of facial expression on the babies, we're not lookin for realism, we're lookin for a nice fantasy vibe. lessening its facial features could really mess up the whole revamp imo..

also those odd number of tips on the antlers is a little irking but it's not a massive detail so to each their own.
Ladykyda
Level 61
Threads: 2
Posted: 8/26/2021 at 8:18 PM Post #32
Agreed.The Faelora look nice now, but I'd be better if it didn't end up looking like a deer-lineart with accessories. Keep in mind all the other creatures we have aren't that realistic in design--they still have a stylized feel to them. There's character in cartoony details, too. Consider the Qitari and the Kelpari, for example. Accuracy is great and all, but with the rate its going its not going to look great with the style of the characters in the game.

Edited By Ladykyda on 8/26/2021 at 8:39 PM.
Crimsondemon
Level 65
Assistant to the Sculptor
Threads: 2
Posted: 12/13/2021 at 6:45 PM Post #33
I don't mean to be rude at all- but the newer sketches just look like the old ones with a little more floof. The faelora is a beautiful concept, I just think making it look like a deer that's made out of plants instead of adding plant-like accessories to it would be a better route. That being said, I do understand this is just a sketch and I have my own ideas anyway. I look forward to the different adjustments and future concept art that comes out for this beautiful species :)
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,117
Posted: 12/14/2021 at 9:48 AM Post #34
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=99403&page=4#33
Author: Crimsondemon
Time Posted: 12/13/2021 at 6:45 PM
I don't mean to be rude at all- but the newer sketches just look like the old ones with a little more floof. The faelora is a beautiful concept, I just think making it look like a deer that's made out of plants instead of adding plant-like accessories to it would be a better route. That being said, I do understand this is just a sketch and I have my own ideas anyway. I look forward to the different adjustments and future concept art that comes out for this beautiful species :)

For the Faelora species, that actually is pretty much what we are going for. We aren't looking to really change their initial concept much at all. The two main goals of this revamp are to update the artwork with our more recent depth of detail and to rebuild their art files from scratch so that the layering and canvas size are updated to the massive changes that have taken place over the years.

As they are now, it is extremely difficult to give them new genes or mutations without causing tons of layering issues. Let alone, any new artwork will not match well with their original artwork due to big style differences.

So what you described is actually intentional. =)
Amethystx
Level 74
Master Egg Hunter
Threads: 11
Posted: 3/5/2022 at 8:47 AM Post #35
ok, im posting this super late.. and i think fae are amazing already o.o but

male fawn: looks good i think. i think the back is fine, they do that when jumping sometimes, esp fawns. i like him.

female fawn: i like scathroite's fix for the nose angle, also think her nose pad thing should be bigger like the male fawn's.

adult female: i like her overall look, she looks more grown up than the fae female does now.

drew a few changes:
-eyes were a little too forward

-nose was a little too low.

-turned the one back leg, was a little turned on her. better than v2 though.

-bulked up the back legs and hooves a little

i'd also like to see her nose pad bigger and squarer like they currently do, which is more like real deer. this nose is more feline looking. not a big deal to me, and i didnt draw it in

adult male: if adolescent's had their own photo, this would be about perfect. it's really cute but he looks too young and lean. fae are really stocky, majestic deer.

drew some changes:
-beefed him up a bit, gave him a straight back and stronger jaw, legs, and hooves. and a longer nose.

-changed the leaves a little to help with the s-curve thing. but scathreoite's idea for the neck also looks nice

-turned the right legs, back was a little turned out on him and front a little foward.

-added in the split hoof, it should be visible from any forward angle

-made the antlers bigger. they're beautiful but normal-deer sized. fae have amazing, majestic, giant ones.

again, ideally i'd like to see a bigger blocky deer-like nose but not a huge thing to me

i didnt draw this either but i kinda miss the "holding his head high" stance that he currently has, gives him a very confident look

sidenote, when it comes to the shading part, fae currently have a very
shiny/metallic-y look to them. please keep this, it's amazing <3

thanks so much for all your hard work on this
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.