Threads: 56
Posted: 8/11/2021 at 8:15 PM Post #21
oh they look BEAUTIFUL!
Darkesse
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 43
Posted: 8/11/2021 at 8:41 PM Post #22
I also made some quick tweak suggestions as I found it easier than talking, I always end up confusing myself xD Low quality/sloppy because I did it on mobile but I think it addresses some criticisms?

i thought moving some front leaves/petals down lower on the chest than dinnerbone had it might make it feel less busy with the antlers as someone else was worried about :o

Note: I'm half asleep doing this so i'm sorry if i made them look wonky

Edited By Darkesse on 8/11/2021 at 9:00 PM.
Daylightapparitions
Level 75
Majestic Green Thumb
Threads: 62
Posted: 8/11/2021 at 8:56 PM Post #23
- I feel like the adult male one's torso seems too lanky when compared with the front.

- The female seems a bit out of place with the extra fluff on the male. I think it would look better if either both or neither had it, or as a new trait. Another option (I saw a suggestion) is the leaves all the way around on the male, which I like.

- I think the hatchling designs could actually do with the fluff, which would give them even more of the baby feel.

- While this may just be because it's only a sketch, I can't help but see the flower in the female hatchling's ear as a jingle bell.

- I also think the leaves on the adult male could do with a bit more definition, similar to the female's.

- The adult male's back looks very flat

(I know this is for critiques but I really do love the designs. So here is a non-comprehensive list of the things I like: the wood on the male's antlers, the changes to the vines on the female, the new tail designs, and the eyes)
Mysticmother
Level 61
The Perfectionist
Threads: 0
Posted: 8/11/2021 at 9:15 PM Post #24
Honestly i'm not really in the camp of 'more dainty leaves' for the male. He looks more masculine how he currently is. It's kind of pointless to have more neck fur if you're just going to cover it up with leaves.
Think the leaves he has though could look a little more like the females.
As for the back it looks fine to me considering they have deer bodies. Which is a species known for speed and strength. Though it's not a bulky muscle.
Other then that i think the current designs are looking rather good. it's a little easier to tell which of the hatchlings is male and female now with those cute little budded horns and the flower bud. Just adorable
Olyvir
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 2
Posted: 8/11/2021 at 9:29 PM Post #25
I absolutely love this revamp suggestion. The neck leaves look amazing and the body looks much more proportionally correct!
Dinnerbone
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 40
Posted: 8/11/2021 at 9:42 PM Post #26
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=99288&page=3#22
Author: Darkesse
Time Posted: 8/11/2021 at 8:41 PM
I also made some quick tweak suggestions as I found it easier than talking, I always end up confusing myself xD Low quality/sloppy because I did it on mobile but I think it addresses some criticisms?

i thought moving some front leaves/petals down lower on the chest than dinnerbone had it might make it feel less busy with the antlers as someone else was worried about :o

Adore!
Both options for the new chest for the male would make me incredibly happy even as as a member of team leaf ^u^
Also, I forgot to say that indeed the female's legs look a little too splayed originally - this brings it together nicely. Also love the little more shoulder that was given to the baby guy :)
The shortening of the female's body is fantastic and the raising of the male's hind quarters make him feel more solidly grounded and proud (originally it felt like he was leaning a bit forwards?). The antler rotation is chef's kiss!
Edited By Dinnerbone on 8/11/2021 at 9:45 PM.
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 8/11/2021 at 9:57 PM Post #27
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=99288&page=3#22
Author: Darkesse
Time Posted: 8/11/2021 at 8:41 PM

The no leaves version is what I was thinking of. Straighten the neck a bit, remove a bit of the curve, and it looks really good.

Though I still like the no leaves version moving those leaves that far down does help with the business of having the leaves and the antlers on the male
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 8/11/2021 at 10:34 PM Post #28
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=99288&page=1#6
Author: Dinnerbone
Time Posted: 8/11/2021 at 5:13 PM
Ooo that was quick lol. The female's proportions and the baby male look pretty much set to me, I have no more complaints there :)

As for the adult male,,,
Well, I know many people in the old thread said the neck balloon could be replaced by fluff, but some have proposed neck leaves instead! And I am very much in that camp, so I will keep advocating for that :p

Here, have the gif again for your consideration, this time ft. proposed sketch 2:

I still feel that his overall proportions feel a little strange - his body seems a little long with how far forward his chest appears to protrude, and his neck-into-chest area still feels disconnected and uncomfortable.
Also, the antler angle problem is still there

Yes this! The example is exactly the issue i was seeing and the antlers are throwing me off still personally as Dinner mentioned
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 288
Posted: 8/12/2021 at 1:47 AM Post #29
i'm actually pretty hyped, ngl
Skor
Level 75
Luck of the Draw
Threads: 53
Posted: 8/12/2021 at 1:50 AM Post #30
I still really like Dinnerbone's suggestion of more neckleaves :P
If the intent is to keep the male's neck/chest area un-foliaged for dimorphism though, Darkesse's sketches are great too - would prefer either of these over the current super fluff or the previous balloony boy
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.