Threads: 1
Posted: 8/11/2021 at 6:01 PM Post #11
deer c;
Anemochory
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 156
Posted: 8/11/2021 at 6:11 PM Post #12
I like the changes done to anatomy, and they look great, but I have to admit I'm not sure I like just how fluffy the male is. I don't think of deer as being fluffy, but sleek. But this could just be me.
I do like the idea that the fluff could be a mutation, like arctic fur is on other species.
Ximph
Level 75
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 48
Posted: 8/11/2021 at 6:42 PM Post #13
I like Dinnerbone's suggestion as well. I think the male still looks as though his chest and head are too far forward from the rest of his body. The extra leaves might be a better fit for him.

The female baby still seems to have a longer muzzle, I still think it would be cuter if her and the male baby's heads were a little more rounded out but I may be alone in that.

Besides those, the female adult looks wonderful, the baby males body looks right and the female baby is most adorable. Still love the male adults horns and majestic face. Looking great!
Darkesse
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 43
Posted: 8/11/2021 at 7:11 PM Post #14
These look great! I do absolutely love Dinnerbone's idea for the male's neck foliage and would personally love that change. I feel like it fits the more detailed design better due to the detailing, but if you guys are set on the way it already looks, i still say the leaf/petals should have more ridges and leaf/petal texture to it rather than being super smooth/straight edges (like how the female's petals have ridges and folds).

Aside from the other criticisms, I saw someone on the last post said the adult female's back legs look a little too splayed? They look like they're a little far apart, like maybe the hooves or angle should be closer. I also suggest adding a little more shoulder to the male baby (where the neck meets the back) as it currently feels a little flat.

Each time you tweak the sketches they end up better and better! :)
Edited By Darkesse on 8/11/2021 at 7:17 PM.
Vampory
Level 75
The Carver
Threads: 47
Posted: 8/11/2021 at 7:24 PM Post #15
man i think i gotta move to the neck leaves camp for the male-- after seeing them i think they look alot cooler!
Aerii
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 96
Posted: 8/11/2021 at 7:34 PM Post #16
I don't like the idea of the male's neck leaves going all the way around. I like them how they are since they are staying true to the current design. Though the leaves having some ridges or something so they don't all look so much alike would be interesting to see. The male's chest still seems a bit too puffed but the fluffy bits are very nice~ It just seems like the male needs the tweaks, the female is nice how she is. As stated before, I don't usually notice little details so I'll leave that to others to point out if there are any. Thanks so much for the quick update to the current idea. ^-^
Tigress
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 371
Posted: 8/11/2021 at 7:35 PM Post #17
Like several others, I love Dinnerbone's suggestion for the male's flowers. I also like how they brought the rump up a little. It makes the male look a bit less front heavy, if that makes any sense.

There's also something slightly off with the male hatchling, but I can't place my finger on it. Maybe the back legs are a tad small, or the front legs are angled a bit off?

Just small things though, I love the art so far!
Elise
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 99
Posted: 8/11/2021 at 7:37 PM Post #18
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=99288&page=1#6
Author: Dinnerbone
Time Posted: 8/11/2021 at 5:13 PM
Ooo that was quick lol. The female's proportions and the baby male look pretty much set to me, I have no more complaints there :)

As for the adult male,,,
Well, I know many people in the old thread said the neck balloon could be replaced by fluff, but some have proposed neck leaves instead! And I am very much in that camp, so I will keep advocating for that :p

Here, have the gif again for your consideration, this time ft. proposed sketch 2:

I still feel that his overall proportions feel a little strange - his body seems a little long with how far forward his chest appears to protrude, and his neck-into-chest area still feels disconnected and uncomfortable.
Also, the antler angle problem is still there

I totally agree that leaves look much better than the fluff - after all, faeloras are like flora in fauna form, so more leaves makes more sense than more hair - at least to me.
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 8/11/2021 at 8:04 PM Post #19
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=99288&page=2#16
Author: Aerii
Time Posted: 8/11/2021 at 7:34 PM
I don't like the idea of the male's neck leaves going all the way around. I like them how they are since they are staying true to the current design. Though the leaves having some ridges or something so they don't all look so much alike would be interesting to see. The male's chest still seems a bit too puffed but the fluffy bits are very nice~ It just seems like the male needs the tweaks, the female is nice how she is. As stated before, I don't usually notice little details so I'll leave that to others to point out if there are any. Thanks so much for the quick update to the current idea. ^-^

I have to say I am in the no leaves camp.

I like that the male doesn't have leaves going all the way around, because it makes them look much more regal and distinguished.

Plus, with the busy antlers, which I love, I had always disliked the antlers of the current fae, the busier neck leaves just make the male look too busy.

I do agree that the neck does seem rather too fluffy and puffy, but I honestly don't think putting leaves all the way around is really the way to fix that.

Edit: I do think that having the antlers slightly bent backwards, as in dinnerbone's drawing, is good, as it makes them look slightly more 'realistic' instead of just being 'flat' as they look to me now.

I think the male might look better were either his head to be brought just slightly forward, or the chest just slightly slimmed.

Basically make it so there is less of a curve from the head to the neck to the chest.

I just looked up deer (not an artist so was looking for an example) and there are some fuzzy chested deer, but they don't have as much of a curve as the male fae does, which to me is what makes it look 'off', not so much the fluff.
Edited By Jemadar on 8/11/2021 at 8:14 PM.
Hershey
Level 75
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 65
Posted: 8/11/2021 at 8:14 PM Post #20
Those designs are gorgeous! I love the more realistic look they'll have once the revamp is done!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.