Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2021 Fall Festival - Pet Trait Design
1, 2, 3
Go to Page:
Guardian of the Realm
Posted: 8/8/2021 at 11:11 AM
Hello everyone! We will be holding an Pet Trait Design contest for the 2021 Fall Festival! Please make sure to read the rules carefully!
1. Design a pet gene or mutation for only the following species: Aurleon, Draeyl, Ferrikki, Kelpari, Luffox, Lunemara, Lupora, Morkko, Nephini, Ny'vene, Nytekrie, Puffadore, Qitari, Ryori, Sylvorpa, Vulnyx, Zolnixi. After you are done designing your trait, come back to this thread and post the image in this thread. To get a blank pet image just go to the generator page and take the image from there. You can resize the image to the maximum size via the image url, the maximum size is 500.
2. You must draw the trait on the pet. If you feel that your drawing skills aren't great, then along with your drawing you can include a description to better help us envision your mutation. If you are unable to draw something, then I am sorry, there will be no exceptions.
3. You are allowed to be free with your creative process, so it is not necessary to make it Fall themed.
4.Please do not reserve posts. If you reserve a post I will delete your post.
5.Please do not Ping me with your submission. Please only Ping me if you have a question.
6. Before submitting your entry please make sure to scan the thread to see if someone else has done something similar. Try to make your entry unique and if someone has already done something that you were wanting to do...then I highly suggest you pick something different. If you feel someone has "copied" your design, do not say anything to that person - especially in this thread.
7. You may only submit ONE official entry for each species on the list. If you wish to submit more then you can send me a PM with drawings of your trait idea. However all PMed entries that are sent to me will not count for prizes. To clarify, an entry can encompass multiple Trait Slots. As an example, say your entry is a Butterfly set for a certain species. Your entry can include Butterfly Wings, Butterfly Antennae, Butterfly Armor, etc. Species are all different with their Trait Slots so we're looking more at design ideas and not strictly Trait Slot submissions.
8. The end date is August 29th, 2021 at 11:59 PM server, after that, there is no guarantee that we will see your entry and the thread will be locked once designs are picked.
I am very aware that it's typical to use google to search for ideas when designing things. However, it is extremely important that if someone happens to be referencing another person's artwork, it should not be possible to google it and find exactly what was used as a reference. Please make sure to change it enough and be creative enough that you're making it your own design. This is extremely important not just for ethical reasons but also for legal reasons when we're implementing something onto our site. Thank you! =)
All entries that are picked will have the trait created and the designers will receive a Mystical Essence of their choice as well a [Peerless Avatar Token]. Everyone that participates will also receive a participation prize that will include various Festival Supplies.
Don't comment on someone's entry unless you have something nice to say. If someone copies your entry then have faith in us that we will determine the correct winner. Please do not fight over entries, if I see anyone doing this in the thread then whoever is fighting will be disqualified.
Posted: 8/8/2021 at 11:56 AM
Found some really old entries I did years ago. Let's see what happens!
Eye/Seeing Eye/Eye Spot/Seer - Ferrikki G3
Striking Cape - Puffadore M1
Warbler - Aurleon G1 or G2
So I'm showing a reference picture for this one because my art skills are so poor. I added streaks to the tail since I felt like the marking was a little sparse with just the chest bit.
Posted: 8/8/2021 at 11:57 AM
Quail trait entry
G1 - Quail Markings- Body design trait, like overlapping feathery designs (not very good at drawing these)
G3 - Quail's Mark - Orb trait, looks like 2 falling feathers
M1 - Quail Tail - Tail trait, a rikki shaped tail made of feathers
M2 - Quail Feathers - the chest trait, a tuft of feathers at chest with little tufts at all 4 paws
M3 - Quail Crest - head crest trait, a quails crest with a little tuft of feathers at bottom
Edited By Quailking on 8/8/2021 at 12:15 PM.
Posted: 8/8/2021 at 2:54 PM
May as well post this.
Nephini Moon/Moonlight set
Moon Wings & Moon Spots OR
Moonlight Wings & Moonlight Spots
^ The gene and mutation together. The wings are meant to have three layers and fold behind each other. The tail fin is a crescent attached to the side of the Neph's tail.
^ Without the gene
^ With the gene, without the wings
^ Above is a link to a gallery of all the variations, including a female version of the wings mutation (which I am not very proud of...)
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 8/8/2021 at 5:46 PM
A Qitari Design, the mane, tail and leg poofs inspired by Vanner horses and the ribbons/scarfs are sort of a Dancer outfit for them.
Posted: 8/8/2021 at 9:01 PM
going to reuse ideas I've submitted before:
Sea Creature Zolnixi -
M1 - Fish Tail
M2 - Scales
M2 - (alternative) Rainbow Scales
M3 - Fins
Roman Qitari -
G2 - Roman Mark: SPQR
M1 - Roman Armor/Harness
M2 - Short Mane
Guardian of the Realm
Posted: 8/8/2021 at 9:03 PM
Vulnyx - Scorpion Tail M2
The tail is replaced by a scorpion tail. Maybe a drip of venom or something as well.
Nytekire - Nebula Wings M2
Similar to the Qitari Nebula Mane. Parts of the wings, the tail, and the leg feathers are replaced by nebula dust stuff. Swirly, glittery, blobby.
Aurleon - Quad Arms M2
Please excuse my artistic ability on this one, this is why I don't draw hands/arms. Think of the Ny'vene Quad Arms. :)
Edited By Cececat on 8/27/2021 at 11:44 PM.
Posted: 8/9/2021 at 2:37 PM
Luffox - M1, Squirrel Tail
Qitari - M2, Nightmare/Edgy Mane
Sylvorpa - G1, Axolotl Spots
Cheshire Vulynx set
M3 - Delightful Grin
M2 - Cheshire Tail
G3 - Cheshire Stripes (I chose G3 because I was hoping to go for a "glowy" look for these stripes, similar to the sparkle runes or galaxy stripes)
Edited By Bobcat on 8/23/2021 at 5:26 PM.
Posted: 8/10/2021 at 6:14 AM
Egyptian Mau - Lupora G1
Inspired by markings of the Egyptian Mau cat breed that was first spotted in ancient Egypt and was considered holy by its people
M1 was inspired by jewelery popular in the times of ancient Egypt, M2 was meant to be similiar to the wings of Horus, one of the main gods in the egyptian pantheon and guardian of Egypt and M3 (both male and female variant) were supposed to look like headpieces that rich members of the ancient egyptian society wore for special occasions. The male one depicts a snake and the female one a peacock.
Posted: 8/10/2021 at 2:08 PM
This is my submission! Sorry, I only did the one drawing with the male and no female drawing. Like I wrote, the sizes are not accurate, and the drawing is for what it would look like, not to be accurate.
So my idea was based on the bulbori wings that were just released. The fairy wings. The tail of the sylvorpa Would be Mutation 1, with the red color being one of the Accents. The tail is supposed to mimic the wings on the bulbori, but more flowy-like, and almost like a fairy in the water. It would be semi see-through and gets harder to see through around the edges of the fins.
Onto the body and genes, we have gene 1. The orange is the color of the Gene 1 hex, and the red would be the color of an Accent. The lines are supposed to be just a lighter version of the Gene 1 color. I do not have a name for this trait, neither do I have names for any other traits.
Next is gene 2, Which is the pink around the feet, muzzle, and Tail. Same goes on, just with no accent colors.
Last one, is Mutation 3. The colors are based on the eye color, and Mutation color. The base of the film in between the frills would be the Color of mutation color 3, while it blends into the Color of the eyes at the end of the film. The frills would just be the color 1 hex, and the jewellery would be the same color as the mutation 3 color.
Oh, and the little bead things attached to the tail also glow the accent that the tail uses, and are a part of the tail trait.
Ill probably put another design for a different species soon.
Edited By Arcanesketches on 8/10/2021 at 2:08 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
Are you sure you wish to delete this post?
Are you sure you wish to restore this post?
Are you sure you wish to report this post?
Go to Top
This Page loaded in 0.015 seconds.