Players 2,460 401
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,229,929 1,283
Generated 655,780 86
Captured 1,189,522 125
Bred 6,384,535 1,072
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2021 Summer Festival - Mermaid Caller
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 8/3/2021 at 4:15 PM Post #1

Summer is in full swing in Sylestia and you've decided to go on a beach vacation with your Puffadore. You have rented a cute little one-room hut that sits comfortably on the beach for the week.

As you stroll along the beach you come upon what looks like a trail heading into the jungle. You notice there is a sign that has been clumsily nailed to a tree that says:

'DANGER, ENTER AT YOUR OWN PERIL!!!'

You peer curiously down the trail. You see beautiful sun rays piercing the canopy as tropical colored Aurleons fly about and whimsical-looking butterflies flutter around exotic flowers.

Scoffing at the sign you start to head into the trail. Before you can take two steps in, your faithful Puffadore bounds in front of you and whines, she looks up at you with her big golden eyes filled with worry. Not wanting to upset your faithful friend you gently pat their fluffy head and turn around to walk back towards your hut.

That night you're awoken suddenly from your sleep by a strange thumping noise. Groggily looking about, you see that the door is open and is blowing against the side of the hut. You get up to close the door when you realize that your Puffadore is missing! Lighting a lantern to see better, you call out her name into the night. There is no answer except the crash of the waves and what sounds like a strange song.

A strange song? That can't be right...

You put on your cloak and grab the lantern and head off into the night to find your missing Puffadore. You look around and find Puffadore prints in the sand. Following them, they lead you back to the trail with the mysterious sign warning of danger.

You hesitantly peer down the trail way. It doesn't look as welcoming as it did in daylight. Moonlight glistens down the way, but instead of beautiful Aurleons and whimsical butterflies, there is nothing but blinking red eyes coming from the brush and the song winding down the trail way. A gust comes from the path and you feel the wind wrap around you and tug you forward.

Taking a deep breath you follow the trail deeper into the jungle. You swat spiderwebs out of your path and a few times you've felt like there is definitely something following you. But every time you turn around, you can't decide if you just saw something quickly going into the brush, or if it's your imagination.

As you go deeper into the jungle the song becomes overwhelming. You can feel it seeping into your conscience and vibrating your bones. It beckons to you, with promises of all the secret things that your heart desires.

Mesmerized you move deeper still until you come across what appears to be a beautiful lagoon. Moonlight shines down on a large rock where a woman sits and sings. You move closer to inspect when you notice that this isn't a woman at all but something that sends a shiver down your spine.

Her back is turned towards you and her light blonde hair is adorned with shells that glitter in the moonlight. She has a human head and arms but that is as far as what you could describe as a human. The rest of her body is what looks like blue slimy octopus tendrils that slap and curl against the rock.

You notice that she is holding something against her and petting it as she sings. You aren't exactly sure what it...wait...is that YOUR PUFFADORE? Does she have YOUR PUFFADORE? Anger and fear surge through you, brandishing an inner shield against the song's resonance.

"HEY, EXCUSE ME...MISS?", you call out with as much bravado as you can muster.

The song stops abruptly and she turns and peers at you, brandishing large and pale eyes that glow in the moonlight. She is cradling your sleeping Puffadore in her arms, but something is wrong. You notice that your Puffadore's fluffy tail has begun to turn into what you'd describe as a long fishtail. That is definitely not a Puffadore mutation that you recognize and a chill crawls down your spine.

"Miss, the Sylesti that you're holding is my Puffadore. I'm sorry for the confusion, um she must have just gotten loose and so she belongs with me.", you say with earnest. You step out into the water towards the rock and hold out your arms to take her back...praying you can get her tail fixed back home.

The woman giggles and snaps her fingers, your Puffadore floats into the air, and what appears to be an opalescent bubble surrounds her.

"Greetings human, my name is Princess Annika belonging to the House of Lightsong. I am a royal ocean nymph, or what you would call a mermaid.", she says, smilingly serenely at you.

"Uh, that's nice. Can I please have my Puffadore back?"

Her expression clouds over and you kick yourself for not being more polite to this 'princess'. But princess or not, she has sylesti-napped your Puffadore!

"You must be mistaken. You see, I sing out to the lost and make them found. I have always dearly wanted a Puffadore. Sadly...they can't live in the water, but as you can see she is being improved upon. So, I am just very sorry, as you are...well clearly, wrong.", she snaps, her eyes flashing with anger.

You clutch your hands into fists, feeling your nails digging into your skin, "I apologize for my rudeness Princess. But the Puffadore is mine and I love her dearly. She is my best friend and companion, I've had her since she was a pup. Is there anything I can do to please get her back?"

She hums to herself for a minute as she strums her fingers together in thought. Then with a splash, she dives into the water and swims closer to you, popping her head out with a sly smile.

"If you really want her back, I think we can make a deal. You said anything?"

You nod your head in earnest...hoping that whatever it is isn't too terrible...
Edited By Faiona on 8/6/2021 at 6:54 AM.
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Posted: 8/5/2021 at 4:36 PM Post #2
Game Rules

Princess Annika has stolen your beloved Puffadore and you will do anything to get her back! You have made a deal with her that if you bring her one of every species with a specific trait and theme of her choosing that she will then return your Puffadore. That's a fair deal, right? 22 pets for 1?

Princess Annika is requesting Sand Sculpting pets with specific traits. Your Sand Sculpting Pet must be originally grown by you alone. Mermaid Shell pets cannot be submitted and Trait Disruptors cannot be used on the pet.

There will be 22 initial wanted pets posted. The first person to sculpt the pet first will need to post their pet up for sale to Faiona and post it in this thread.

Prizes

In return for collecting each themed with a specific trait, Princess Annika will give you a [Mermaid Caller Token] and the Player Title: Mermaid Caller.

The [Mermaid Caller Token] can be exchanged with Faiona (who also has bartered a deal with Annika) to create a 3 visible "Mermaid" pet of your choice. This pet can have one visible Restricted Wild Trait and two other normal visible genes or mutations. The 'mermaid' pet will also need to be dubbed a special name of your choosing. All pets need to be mermaid-themed!

If you do not wish to call a mermaid Sylesti to your side, you can also sell or give away your token to another player.

Everyone that participates will also be put into a drawing to take home the rescued Puffadore and also a various assortment of nice prizes! The more times you participate the more times your name will go into an entry pool for prizes!

For all pets that are sculpted 'failures', you can post them in this thread here. Please keep all of your failures in one post in the separate thread to count as participation for this game. DO NOT POST FAILURE PETS IN THIS THREAD. THANK YOU!
Edited By Faiona on 8/6/2021 at 7:02 AM.
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Posted: 8/6/2021 at 2:57 AM Post #3
Princess Annika's List

1. Prismatic Night Aurleon with Visible Paradise Tail (M1 - D) - CLAIMED - By Lively

2. Mermaid's Purse Bulbori with Visible Quagga (G3 - D) - CLAIMED - By Skor

3. Coral Reef Draeyl with Visible Raptor Feathers (M2 - F) - CLAIMED - By Unstaeble

4. Coral Bliss Faelora with Visible Jungle Stripes (G2 - C) - CLAIMED - By Bobcat

5. Reef Triggerfish Kelpari with Visible Sea Unicorn (M3 - L) - CLAIMED - By Painteventer

6. Rhinoceros Hornbill Luffox with Visible Wyvern Wings (M3 - O) - CLAIMED - By Fiolei

7. Summer Spriteling Lunemara with Visible Cecropia (G3 - M) - CLAIMED - By Tigress

8. Sundried Spices Lupora with Visible Long Fade (G2 - D) - CLAIMED By Meltingstars

9. Ocean Troll Morkko with Visible Shaman's Headdress (M3 - P) - CLAIMED By Unstaeble

10. Jungle Explorer Nytekrie with Visible Iridescence (G3 - I) - CLAIMED - By Amcat

11. Black Pearl Qitari with Visible Luxurious Locks (M2 - E) - CLAIMED By Meltingstars

12. Mangosteen Sylvorpa with Visible Lotus Scales (M1 - L) - CLAIMED - By Bobcat

13. Desert Oasis Vulnyx with Visible Bengal (G1 - J) - CLAIMED - By Ladyanki

14. Milkweed Monarch Zolnixi with Visible Butterfly Wings (M3 - A) - CLAIMED - By Tigress

15. Sea Serpent Aeridini with Visible Bat Flower (M1 - J) - CLAIMED - By Skor

16. Conch Melody Ferrikki with Visible Parrot Fish (G1 - Q) - CLAIMED - By Kaitt

17. Mystical Mermaid Griffi with Visible Tiger (G1 - B) - CLAIMED - By Avorypatches

18. Moon Jellyfish Lighira with Visible Butterfly Design (G3 - I) - CLAIMED - By Ladyanki

19. Colorful Reef Nephini with Visible Fairy Light Wings (M1 - H) -CLAIMED By GoldGryphon

20. Jungle Fowl Ny'vene with Visible Stegosaurus (G1 - U) - CLAIMED - By Tigress

21. Neapolitan Puffadore with Visible Pinned Bow (M2 - H) - CLAIMED - By Aerimistress

22. Tropical Beach Ryori with Visible Dolphin (G1 - G) - CLAIMED - By Hysteriantics
Edited By Faiona on 9/11/2021 at 1:50 AM.
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Posted: 8/6/2021 at 7:39 AM Post #4
This thread has been moved to: Official Games and Contests.
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Posted: 8/6/2021 at 7:39 AM Post #5
Happy Summer Festival! :)
Kalores
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 109
Posted: 8/6/2021 at 6:07 PM Post #6
Is it okay if the sylesties have a carried trait, as long as the trait asked for in this game is visible?
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Posted: 8/6/2021 at 7:49 PM Post #7
Yep!! :)
Unstaeble
Level 75
Stoneheart Savior
Threads: 138
Posted: 8/9/2021 at 2:38 AM Post #8
Here to start off with my drae with vis raptor feathers ^^
Aspenanimations
Level 72
Trickster
Threads: 90
Posted: 8/9/2021 at 11:57 AM Post #9
does the trait have to be visible?
Unstaeble
Level 75
Stoneheart Savior
Threads: 138
Posted: 8/9/2021 at 12:04 PM Post #10
yes
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.