Forum Index > News and Announcements > Advanced Search Update
Page 2 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Copeh
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 40
Posted: 5/26/2021 at 6:59 AM Post #11
xD This threw me for a loop the first time I tried to search for stuff with the new update. Very nice though! I like searching according to pets most recently put up for sale. Is it in any way feasible in the future to somehow show how long certain pets have been up for sale? Such data would prove valuable in pricing some rarer themes.

Edit: Upon looking more at the ordering feature, I'm unsure it's 100% working unless I'm seriously missing something. I tested it by searching for kelpari for sale. For "Order By:" I selected the "Time Listed (For Sale)" option in "Descending" order. While keeping these settings the same, I searched for both themed-only kelpari, and any kelpari. For the themed-only search, the sylestis for sale are listed according to ID number. For the "any" search, the sylestis for sale aren't strictly listed according to ID number, which makes me think this is the one actually sorting according to time listed for sale.

I took a couple screenshots to display what I'm seeing:
(when searching for any kelpari)

(when searching for only themed kelpari)
Edited By Copeh on 5/26/2021 at 7:22 AM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,117
Posted: 5/26/2021 at 5:41 PM Post #12
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=98293&page=2#11
Author: Copeh
Time Posted: 5/26/2021 at 6:59 AM
xD This threw me for a loop the first time I tried to search for stuff with the new update. Very nice though! I like searching according to pets most recently put up for sale. Is it in any way feasible in the future to somehow show how long certain pets have been up for sale? Such data would prove valuable in pricing some rarer themes.

Edit: Upon looking more at the ordering feature, I'm unsure it's 100% working unless I'm seriously missing something. I tested it by searching for kelpari for sale. For "Order By:" I selected the "Time Listed (For Sale)" option in "Descending" order. While keeping these settings the same, I searched for both themed-only kelpari, and any kelpari. For the themed-only search, the sylestis for sale are listed according to ID number. For the "any" search, the sylestis for sale aren't strictly listed according to ID number, which makes me think this is the one actually sorting according to time listed for sale.

I took a couple screenshots to display what I'm seeing:
(when searching for any kelpari)

(when searching for only themed kelpari)

Should be fixed! It was mix and matching two search options and I forgot to update the ordering on the alternative method. However, after running a few tests, the alternative method isn't really needed anymore so I just removed it.
Lapo
Level 65
The Perfectionist
Threads: 92
Posted: 5/27/2021 at 2:17 PM Post #13
Nice, thanks Krin! =)
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.