Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 5/25/2021 at 12:32 PM Post #1
Hello, all. I have a few quick announcements!

Advanced Search

We made some improvements to the Advanced Search that are now live. These changes only affect the Pets Category. The main goal of these improvements was to reduce its footprint on our database while improving response times with various searches. Seconds long responses should no longer really be happening... most searches should return within 0.5 seconds or so, give or take another 0.5 seconds.

On top of that, we also made some changes to the "Order By" options.

Please Note: You will first have to select For Sale = Yes or For Breeding = Yes in order to select their respective Order By options. Additionally, you have to search by Owner in order to select the Pet Name Order By option. Some other scripting changes were made to try and improve user friendliness when selecting these various options.

The main reason for these changes is that we moved For Sale/For Breeding data into its own database table now. Previously, it was intertwined with the main pet's table. Having it separated into its own table helps to reduce stress on the database. Other changes were then made to the 'Order By' options all for the sake of trying to improve general performance and put emphasis on the queries that the database can return quickly. All of the previous options are still entirely available - nothing at all was removed - we just changed some emphasis in order to help alleviate as much strain as we can on the database.

Stable Occupancy

Another update that went through was we added display text that showcases a player's total Stable Occupancy:

This will display on every Stable page so that a player knows how much total space remains in all of their Stables combined.

Twitter Giveaway

If you haven't yet seen, we have created an official Sylestia Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/sylestia_game

In celebration of our new account, we ran a giveaway that ended on Sunday. We have sent a direct message to the first selected winner of this giveaway and they have until Wednesday to reply before another winner is selected. So be sure to check your DMs in case you won!

Other Notes

A few other notes:

Round 2 of the Spring Festival Leaderboard Contests begin tomorrow at 9 AM and will run through Sunday.

Faiona and I have finished going through the Nytekrie Themed and she is currently working on the announcement post with our revised designs. So be on the lookout for that very soon!

There will be a Pick a Door Series this weekend from Friday through Monday. Keep an eye out for the announcement on this with the specific game times.
Zekotan
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Threads: 22
Posted: 5/25/2021 at 1:21 PM Post #2
Thank you Krin!
AliceHearts
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 248
Posted: 5/25/2021 at 2:07 PM Post #3
thank you Krin <3 i realy love to be abel to see how much stable space i have left^^
Skor
Level 75
Luck of the Draw
Threads: 53
Posted: 5/25/2021 at 2:20 PM Post #4
I like the new improvements!
Also, I noticed there's now a "Private Listing" indication next to the price - is there a chance we'd be able to search between public or private listings?
Rubynightshade
Level 75
High Priest
Threads: 10
Posted: 5/25/2021 at 2:23 PM Post #5
Thank you, Krin! I'm always trying to figure out how much stable room I have, so this change is a blessing.
EraNime
Level 69
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 104
Posted: 5/25/2021 at 2:44 PM Post #6
Not sure if this is already a work in progress, but will we be able to search pets based on stats at some point in the future as well? So it's easier to look for max stat pets that are for sale for example instead of having to go page by page?
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 5/25/2021 at 3:28 PM Post #7
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=98293&page=1#4
Author: Skor
Time Posted: 5/25/2021 at 2:20 PM
I like the new improvements!
Also, I noticed there's now a "Private Listing" indication next to the price - is there a chance we'd be able to search between public or private listings?

It would be possible, yea. I'd just have to add in the interface tidbits and whatnot. Database/query wise though, it's already set up to accommodate such a search.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 5/25/2021 at 3:30 PM Post #8
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=98293&page=1#6
Author: EraNime
Time Posted: 5/25/2021 at 2:44 PM
Not sure if this is already a work in progress, but will we be able to search pets based on stats at some point in the future as well? So it's easier to look for max stat pets that are for sale for example instead of having to go page by page?

Unfortunately, a Pet's stats are not indexed at all in the database to be searched. It would be extremely catastrophic to allow queries atm on those columns. I would have to splice that data off into its own table and index properly. However, that'd require massive reworking for a lot of code since Pet stats are used all over the place.
Esc890
Level 72
Majestic Brewmistress
Threads: 88
Posted: 5/25/2021 at 4:59 PM Post #9
Wow awesome!
Meeku
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 30
Posted: 5/26/2021 at 2:48 AM Post #10
Yay thanks for optimizing the searches, Also looking forward to the nytekrie themed revisions!
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.