Forum Index > Bug Reporting > Mass Move weird visual glitch
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 2/16/2021 at 5:00 PM Post #1
okay, so when you mass move pets to a new stable, it will move them to the first open space in the tab you selected. If the tab you selected is full, it moves to the next tab along in that stable, repeat until space is found. It does not check earlier tabs in that stable

The Glitch here is:
> have a stable (A) where there is at least one open space in, say, tab1. All other tabs in the stable are full
> select pet to mass move, select a tab that is full in the stable A, Mass Move.
> Pet vanishes, but is not actually moved to Stable A
> if page is reloaded, pet will reappear in original stable in original position

(I assume the program knows there's open space in the new stable, but it's programmed to ONLY put the pets in the selected tab or later ones, not earlier ones, so it doesn't see "that stable is full", moves the pet, but somehow simultaneously... doesn't? or moves it and then puts it back on page reload because there wasn't actually a space where it could put the pet?)
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,117
Posted: 2/17/2021 at 10:48 AM Post #2
Can you link me the specific Stables/Tabs that you were performing this test on so I can mimic it exactly?
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 2/17/2021 at 2:03 PM Post #3
I'll note that I was very deliberately doing it to see what would happen, so I've recreated the stable setup we used for it again

it was done moving the bulbori that's in stall 5 to tab 2 in this stable

(If you cannot recreate it then I can only assume that it's sylestia extension that somehow causes it? but since the extension has nothing to do with stables/tabs and on those pages just adds a 'see pets as hatchlings' and a (now superfluous) 'get stable tab link') that'd be a bit strange)

video of what it looks like to us
FierePepr
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 301
Posted: 2/17/2021 at 7:40 PM Post #4
Oh my gosh, I always though I just did something wrong or was going crazy! This happens to me too sometimes. I do also have the extension on my computer though, but I'm also not sure why that would cause it.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,117
Posted: 2/18/2021 at 12:49 PM Post #5
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=96746&page=1#3
Author: Scathreoite
Time Posted: 2/17/2021 at 2:03 PM
I'll note that I was very deliberately doing it to see what would happen, so I've recreated the stable setup we used for it again

it was done moving the bulbori that's in stall 5 to tab 2 in this stable

(If you cannot recreate it then I can only assume that it's sylestia extension that somehow causes it? but since the extension has nothing to do with stables/tabs and on those pages just adds a 'see pets as hatchlings' and a (now superfluous) 'get stable tab link') that'd be a bit strange)

video of what it looks like to us

Awesome, thank you. That helps a lot.

So, it should be moving and it should end up in Slot 1 of Tab 1 of the other Stable. I believe that is why you see it disappear because that end of the script is thinking it worked.

But in the backend, there must be something going wrong and causing it to not properly find the spot. I'll have to take a look when I have time and see what's up.
Skor
Level 75
Luck of the Draw
Threads: 53
Posted: 2/18/2021 at 1:49 PM Post #6
I've also noticed a couple things when mass moving that could be bugs.

Mass-moving to another stable leaves pets' level number behind in the top right corner of each stall. It disappears after refresh, so it's not a huge bother or anything, just odd

Pets cannot be moved to another tab within a stable if the number you're moving exceeds the stable capacity. In this case I can't move 10 pets from tab 1 to tab 8 because there's 9 open slots in the stable. The number of pets in the stable isn't changing but they can't be moved. This might be intentional and I guess it kinda makes sense, since there'd only be 9 slots in tab 8. It's only a problem if I want to push together the pets in a stable (like how 'collapsing' works in inventory) because I then have to reselect and move them multiple times

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.