Page 12 1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Lostwords13
Level 71
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 113
Posted: 1/7/2014 at 11:00 AM Post #111

The Personification of A Snowflake
We are dancers. Tiny ones, and naked to the human eye. Not even the strongest human microscope can see our true form. Mysterious, some call us. Others, dazzling. We are the finest dancers. Our performances are viewed millions, yet we get no true recognition. Our performances can last days, months even, until, exhausted, we fall to the earth with little but a whisper, cursed to sit in close quarters together until our bodies fade into wet tears on the frozen earth. Our performances are our only, and our last. But in the spring, our performance has a grand finale, where our tears become colorful plant-life. That is our purpose, and our beauty. Our dance is only part of our existence. It is our life. Spring, is our death.
Dragondawn
Level 68
Trickster
Threads: 150
Posted: 1/7/2014 at 7:13 PM Post #112

???: Come on Liberty! We're gonna miss our chance!
Liberty: Mother, why should we even go? You'll never win!
???: I know, I know! But I have to keep trying! I might win next time!
Liberty: YOU'LL NEVER WIN!! YOU HAVE WASTED SO MUCH GOLD JUST SO YOU CAN TRY TO GAIN IT!
???: ...
Liberty: YOU ARE A FOOL! YOU ARE STUPID!
???: *sighs*
Liberty: WE ARE POOR! WE HARDLY HAVE ENOUGH FOOD NOW! ALL BECAUSE OF THAT...THAT STUPID WHEEL!
???: ...Think about it.
Liberty: Huh? What? Think about it??
???: Yes. Think about it. Some of the other prizes the wheel gives can be worth more later on. Take the 50 scanners and 12 testing kits we have. They're always in demand but no one can pay the high prices. After a festival it will take a while for the prices to return to normal.
Liberty: So?
???: Ah Liberty, so smart yet so...what's the word? Ah! brainless. Once the scanner prices return more or less to normal we can sell them two at a time. Say the normal price is 100k per scanner. We sell those two scanners at 45k each. The total for those two scanners would be 90k. 10k less than the normal 100k.
Liberty: ...Now that makes sense. Selling one scanner at 90k wont appeal to many but selling two scanners at 90k will be more likely to be bought. In other words, the wheel of festive cheer, if spun enough times, can give you a fortune in disguise.
???: Exactly.
Liberty: *sighs* My mother, Dragondawn, can see things in ways no other person can. She, like others, want the grand prize. A Triple Visible Fabled Holiday Pet. But she can see how the other prizes can be used.
Dragon: *rolls eyes while laughing* Liberty...!

ok this might not have anything to do with the dress up game but I have been working on this little chat all festival long. Now the outfit's colors have different meanings.
1. The skirt, leggings, and flowered ribbon's green and red colors represent Christmas.
2. The Gold scarf and the silver coat represents the new year and a new chance. What that new chance is, is up to you.
3. The Nephini buddy represents the hope that one day the wheel will grant a user a Triple Visible Fabled Holiday Pet.
Nightstarre
Level 60
Seashell Collector
Threads: 1
Posted: 1/8/2014 at 12:20 AM Post #113
Gittana the Demon Hunter rushed through the empty frozen village square with her Lupora, Kaja, facing the menacing danger head-on. The fact that the charging creature was a chubby chocolate Bulbori with cherubic wings and melting amber eyes, did not make it any less deadly. All of the Sylesti in the valley were now under the Shadow Lords control. Until Gittana banished this demon into the netherworld, all the Sylesti in the valley were to be feared. Her companion Kaja, covered in glowing protective runes that the Shadow Lord could not infiltrate, quickly turned, and faced the Bulbori head on with bared teeth. Together, Gittana and Kaja dealt with the remaining Bulboris.
Gittana knew where she needed to go, as she ran though the silent, snow-covered streets. The fleeing villagers had told her the source of the spreading darkness. That Village fool of a farmer read spells that he should have known to destroy, Gittana thought to herself. Well hes paid for his mistake with his life, and what terrible timing! Tonight was a time when everyone should have been celebrating, not running away in mortal terror.
Hurrying to the indicated farm, Gittana faced the Shadow lord that had been conjured. It was a thing of vaporous darkness and multiple dragon-like heads. Outside the quarters, Gittana heard the blood-thirsty snarling of what were normally peaceful Sylesti. Kaja was bravely facing off a Zolnixi, and Griffi, and a Fealora at the same time. Drawing a glowing circle of blue light around herself, Gittana summoned her protective Avatar, Majestic. Gittanas eyes filled with blue light as Gittanas Avatar sprang into control. Spreading her midnight wings, Majestic filled the room with a halo of light, which radiated from her entire being.

Gittana did not see the epic battle of light versus dark that ensued in the small room. She never knew how close the battle ended in her death, or worse. She did not see the pyrotechnics of the Shadow Lords final banishment. All Gittana knew when she was finally able to see again, was that she had a pounding head ache. She went to the emptied village inn, poured herself a mug of hot chocolate, and started a glowing fire. Gittana curled up in a chair in front of the fire while Kaja stretched out on the rug beside her. Merry Winter Festival to all, and to all a good night, Gittana said aloud, and then promptly fell asleep.

Gittana's Avatar Majestic

Icaris
Level 68
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 8
Posted: 1/8/2014 at 1:01 PM Post #114

Shh...quiet! Can't you see I'm trying to blend into the winter fields here? You'll scare all the reindeer away with all that racket you're making, and then where would I be? That's right, no dinner, no money, no nothing, freezing cold with all my poor pets starving in the snow, and it would all be your fault! What? I'm not supposed to kill the reindeer you say? Hand them over to Mother Frost in exchange for a few measly imaginary points? Pshaw! Utter foolishness, away with you!
Draco
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 60
Posted: 1/8/2014 at 6:03 PM Post #115

I may or may not have a thing for nutty characters. Get lost in the snow and oops you're gone. Something along those lines.
Isa
Level 60
The Whimsical
Threads: 13
Posted: 1/8/2014 at 9:40 PM Post #116

Back long ago, it was foretold that a child would step forward to overthrow an evil tyrant who ruled the lands. This 'King' set out to find the chosen one, only to realize that the child had yet to be born. One night on a Blood red moon, King Garteur devised a plot. Using a curse, he sent his most cherished pet owl, Lucifer to guard for the day the chosen child was born. For years the young boy was actually hidden by fairy lights and magic, so he could grow strong and powerful to overthrow the tyrant of a King. Lucifer found out of course, but the magic that surrounded the boy was too great.

A few more years passed as the boy became a young man. Despite countless orders to stay hidden and indoors, curiousity was the adventure that called to young Estil and it essentially led to his capture. Lucifer found young Estil while the he slept. Waiting patiently for those light blue eyes to open, Lucifer initiated the curse upon the boy. His pale blue hair turned to a fiery red, his normally blue eyes faded of all life and emotion, sinking into a blood red hue. Upon his head, a crown was borne, a topaz gem like fire nestled among it. Controlled by darkness, Estill did the one thing that was condemned. In a fierce and bloody onslaught, he wiped out the fairies that had raised and protected him for so many years. The light that guided all creatures and beings along the realm began to fall into the same endless darkness that young Estil had.

King Garteur had won.....or had he?
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 1/11/2014 at 1:25 PM Post #117
Congratulations to Xavion, Aliciahou, Serabee on placing in this contest! Thank you everyone once again for sharing all of these creative stories. Krin and I love to go through all of the entries and we really appreciate the time and effort that is put into them. :)

1st Place: Xavion

Prizes: Mystical Essence and 200k Gold

2nd Place: Aliciahou

Prizes: Winter Festival Basket and 150k Gold

3rd Place: Serabee

Prizes: Choice of a January Monthly avatar item (excluding the sets) and 100k Gold
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.