Players 2,411 375
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,241,199 1,270
Generated 656,170 19
Captured 1,190,409 63
Bred 6,394,525 1,188
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 9 1, 2, 3... 8, 9, 10... 68, 69, 70 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 1/24/2021 at 5:39 PM Post #81
TOP 3
"Going Batty" Challenge

(PLEASE BE SURE TO READ EVERYTHING)

I feel as though I learned a lot about bats this challenge! Everyone had such interesting facts about all different kinds of bats, and man was it interesting! From the cute fruit bats to the more weird bulldog bats i'm sure we all got a good look at the diversity in the species! Speaking of diversity you all had such diverse designs too - even though bats can all look similar everyone's designs was so unique.

I also want to give a small shout out to our newest members for hopping right on this challenge, good job!

(Remember if you are chosen, you need to claim your prize before the next deadline otherwise you will forfeit it.)

1st PLACE~
Seal's
Design:

(Livingstone's Fruit Bat)

The colors in this designs - although dark and mostly monochromatic - do great! Using the eye color as a shiny pop for all the designs was just, a great choice. The little dots of orangy red really helps draw the eye! Great great job and for a prize choose from these (1) (2) (3) stables and pick a pair to get a baby from and send a CoD for 20k!

2nd PLACE~
Miroh's
Design:

Egyptian Fruit Bat

This is one of the much cuter designs shown in this challenge and wow did you capture that! You managed to make the rikki look just like your little bat of choice, color placement and all! Good choice in not making the eyes black like shown in the photo - this would have drawn away from the designs appeal - so great choice! Great job, Send a CoD for 15k please and please keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing what you make in the future!

3rd PLACE~
Saro's
Design:

Greater Noctule Bat

Nytes can really be a struggle to work with but man did you pull them off! Your use of colors is superb and I can totally see you going on to be one of Sylestias well known designers! The little plague bone hat really makes the nyte look like the open mouth Noctule bat and I must say that was a fantastic choice! Great job and I can't wait to see what you make next time.

Mystery prize winner will be DMed shortly.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/24/2021 at 5:41 PM Post #82

If you have been pinged you have been issued one negative mark due to failure to enter or opt out of the previous challenge. If you are on your second or 3rd mark expect a DM shortly. If you believe I have made a mistake or you had a special circumstance you believe that makes it where this mark should not be counted please contact me.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/24/2021 at 5:55 PM Post #83
"Amazonian Animals" Challenge

Welcome all to another user suggested challenge brought to you by Dragongem! Remember in our discord server you can suggest challenges and get a chance to have those ideas used!

Anyways away from that let's take a look at our more wild side, the Amazon Forest. From aquatic animals, to our more stereotypical animals such as Jaguars - or even insects - you have a wide selection of animals to choose from this challenge. I can't wait to see what you all come up and good luck and happy designing!

Those who have opted out: Shimmeree

~Requirements~

1.) You must choose at least one Amazonian Animal (Alive or Extinct) to design.
2.) You must provide a photo or drawing of your chosen Animal.
3.) Your Animal must live and originated from the Amazons.
4.) Please put at least one fact about your chosen Animal.

~Rules/Guidelines~
1.) All core group rules are in play!
2.) Don't be afraid to ask for help, feedback and or anything. We are here for you!

~Example~

-- Maned Wolf --

The maned wolf isn't a fox or a wolf but actually it's own species!
Edited By Limor on 1/26/2021 at 1:18 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/24/2021 at 6:02 PM Post #84
-- Poison Dart Frog --
Despite being very small these frogs are very deadly, there bright colors are warnings to predators that they are poisonous and not to be messed with.

Edited By Limor on 1/24/2021 at 6:33 PM.
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 1/24/2021 at 6:10 PM Post #85
(thought i'd challenge myself for this first one)

The Pink Amazon River Dolphin AKA The Boto
Endangered
Even though they're illegal to hunt, illegal poachers target the dolphins to use their blubber as bait to catch a catfish known as the piracatinga
They reproduce slowly, which means if they are eventually hunted more and more they won't be able to replace the ones lost to poaching and will go extinct
They occupy both the Amazon and Orinoco river basins, and used to be really abundant in these areas

The Harpy Eagle
Near Threatened
These are the largest Eagles in the world!Their back talons can be as big as a grizzlies claws!
Like most eagles they mate for life

Ocelot
Population Decreasing
They actually range all the way from the southern part of Texas all the way down to the northern tip of Argentina!!
Some of their natural predators are other larger cats,larger snakes and Harpy Eagles
Similar to polar bears,males don't get along and usually mate with multiple females who will raise their young on their own.
They're nocturnal!Like most cats are
(Fun Fact:They're also a minecraft mob)

Edited By Dragongem23 on 2/3/2021 at 2:46 PM.
Lunadove
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 174
Posted: 1/24/2021 at 8:14 PM Post #86

Fun facts about the ocelot:
In zoos they live up to 20 years but in the wild it's only 7-10 years.
They are most active at dusk and sleep a lot during the day. Much like your cat at home!
They can grow up to a meter in length.
The Moche people of ancient Peru worshipped them and often depicted the ocelots in their art.
----------------------------------------------

Fun facts about Green Anacondas:
Its scientific name, eunectes murinus, means "good swimmer" in Latin.
They live for around 10 years in the wild.
Babies are around 2 feet long when they are born.
Anacondas do not lay eggs, but give birth to live young.
There have been no documented cases of an Anaconda eating a human.
----------------------------------------------

fun facts about Toucans:
Toucans are renown for their large colorful bills. At 8 inches (20 cm) they have the longest bill of any bird in the world in relation to their body size 25 in (63.5 cm). Despite its size, the toucan's bill is very light as it is made of keratin (like human hair) in a honeycomb-like structure.

(I was working on the post before and forgot to post it, I didn't copy anyone, promise!)
Edited By 04lunashadow on 1/25/2021 at 9:55 AM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/24/2021 at 8:14 PM Post #87
Hey! Your ref photo is broken
Lunadove
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 174
Posted: 1/24/2021 at 8:15 PM Post #88
odd.. I'll fix it
Ladybugjr
Level 71
Fancy Pants
Threads: 127
Posted: 1/24/2021 at 8:16 PM Post #89
Toucan Aruleon

The toucan is a symbol of playfulness and intellegence.

Paradise Tanger Aruleon

The Paradise Tanger nests high in the canopy

Blue Morpho Butterfly Bulibori

The Amazon is home to roughly 30% of the world's butterflies.
Edited By Ladybugjr on 4/3/2021 at 5:17 PM.
Sunflora
Level 71
Ghost Writer
Threads: 10
Posted: 1/24/2021 at 11:57 PM Post #90
Scarlet Macaws

Fact: Macaws can live up to 80 years in captivity

Fact: Red Howler Monkeys do not like the rain and will sit under the trees and howl while it is raining.

Fact: Spangled Cotingas are usually silent, except when alarmed by a predator

Fact: Iguanas are on a top-secret mission to take over Florida Iguanas have a third eye that aids in detecting approaching predators
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 8, 9, 10... 68, 69, 70
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.