Players 2,437 399
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,235,311 1,122
Generated 656,000 45
Captured 1,189,917 95
Bred 6,389,302 982
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 60 1, 2, 3... 59, 60, 61... 68, 69, 70 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Noha
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 43
Posted: 12/24/2021 at 1:06 PM Post #591
I will have to opt out of this week, i would love to participate but with work, school, christmas and my birthday all this week, I wont have any time to do it. I am super happy to see this coming back though! cant wait to participate when I am less buisy!
Pirana
Level 75
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 151
Posted: 12/26/2021 at 1:28 PM Post #592

~ Winter Robin Ferrikki ~

~ Moonlit Poinsettia Puffadore ~
(No Reference)

Critique:
I really like the look of the leaf wings, they stand out well in the design and have an elegant appearance. The only real critique I have is the choice of the shades of some of the colors. The orange and yellow colors work splendidly, but the green.and pink/purple almost seem dull in comparison. I'd reccomend maybe selecting a darker, brighter green for their backs and making the green on their underbelly a bit lighter, and perhaps deepening the purplish pink color.

Original -

Altered -
Edited By Pirana on 12/26/2021 at 6:08 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 12/26/2021 at 3:50 PM Post #593
I would like to welcome all the new members to the group! I hope you all had a good Christmas yesterday and will have good times the last few days of this year. We have a challenge running if you wish to have something to do in this time but remember, you are not required to join this week! Just do whatever helps you relax and have fun!
Incantamentum
Level 75
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 23
Posted: 12/27/2021 at 9:47 AM Post #594

Winter Sunset

Critique:
I darkened the G1 and lightened the A1 to add contrast, while I darkened the M1 to make it make the berries in the photo better. I also changed the G3 to red since I think the orb was supposed to match the berry, and the berry wasn't brown.

->
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/28/2021 at 9:46 PM Post #595
TOP 3
Christmas
Challenge

(PLEASE BE SURE TO READ EVERYTHING)

Wow! After a long break i'm glad to see entries returning better then ever, I know people were busy this week (and next week to likely) but I'm glad to see more participation! I hope we keep it up and keep our ranks growing! Now I hope you all had a great Christmas and got good presents and are ready to head on into the new year!

With it's return I will once again be opening staff positions - please DM me for more information - as well as our referral program that comes with bonus prizes here!

(Remember if you are chosen, you need to claim your prize before the next deadline otherwise you will forfeit it.)

TOP CRITIQUER IS: Arcaneapathy

@Arcaneapath - Please send me a CoD for 20k, you had a very good critique this time around, good job!

1st PLACE~
Given's
Design:

Joyous Reindeer Faelora: Based on everyone's favorite sleigh-towers :)

I can definitely see the improvement as of late! This is a top notch design and a great design to come back too. I love the way the reds and greens and yellows work together against the brown body. It has a very jolly and reindeer feel to them just as you intended. I can definitely see these little guys just out there pulling the sleigh on Christmas Eve. Great job and for a prize choose from these (1) (2) (3) (4) stables and pick a pair to get a baby from and send a CoD for 20k! In addition you may also look in Celticnuru's GROUP stable and pick a pet from there if you would like to forgo a pet from me.

2nd PLACE~
Incantamentum's
Design:

Winter Sunset

Another strong contender for first - I love how soft and cute this design is. It defiantly has that dusky feel about it just like the reference photo. I particularly like parrot fish on this design, it has a very nice gradient and is quite pleasant to look at, a great choice in trait for this design. The pinks have just the right amount of pop as well - you didn't under or over use them and were spot on with how much they should show up in this design. I can't wait to see what else you have to bring to the table and so great job and Send a CoD for 15k please and please keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing what you make in the future!

3rd PLACE~
Pirana's
Design:

Moonlit Poinsettia

The more I look at this design the more it grows on me. It's very elegant which I think fits the poinsettia. I personally would have used more red in a pointsettia design but in not doing this you actually made it more elegant and cohesive and you hit on an idea I never would have thought on. This is a very successful design and I love the way you layered those traits on - it reminds me of the milky way in just how it ebbs and flows together. Great job this challenge and send me a CoD for 5k - keep up the great work!

Mystery prize winner will be DMed shortly.
Edited By Limor on 12/28/2021 at 9:47 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/28/2021 at 10:03 PM Post #596
"2021" Challenge

Man what a year 2021 has been (and it is finally coming to an end) in this challenge we will be looking back on 2021 and make designs on it! Maybe you found a new favorite band, maybe you finally took a vacation to that place you always wanted, or maybe you finally got something you've had your eye on for a while! This challenge can be about all of that (even how you feel about 2021 as you wish). I can't wait too see you all in the new year and I can't wait to see what you all have to design!

Those who have opted out:

~Requirements~

1.)Your design must be based something that happened/affected/found in your life in 2021.
2.) You must include a name for your 2021 reference.
3.) You must include a reference photo if there is one.
4.) With in your design post, you must ping not only myself but the designer that posted directly before you only. Reason being, you must create a paragraph (3 to 4 sentences long) giving them friendly feedback and or suggestion on improvement on the design and or designs currently present at that time. Please include a copy of their design you are speaking about, along with a design of your own referencing the suggestions you made so they can see visibly what you are trying to say. (The only except is the first designer to post.)
4.) Designers, if someone critiques/comments on your design you must make an attempt to make the changes the critiquer is suggesting. It is through another's opinion/vision you can see what you haven't/couldn't see before and in so doing improve on what is already done. It is a way for you to learn how to take riskses and test yourself. When you have done so, place your altered piece next to the original so we can see the changes you made in comparison. (DO NOT COPY AND PASTE their direct suggested image and take it as your own. That will not help you improve in the slightest, but will be seen as a form of cheating/theft.)

~Rules/Guidelines~
1.) All core group rules are in play!
2.) Don't be afraid to ask for help, feedback and or anything. We are here for you!

~Example~

2021: The Golden Casket
Modest Mouse is my favorite band and they put out a new album this year! It was super excited and I finally get to hear new music by them!

Arcaneapathy
Level 70
The Artistic
Threads: 34
Posted: 12/28/2021 at 10:54 PM Post #597
I started working at Walmart this year, and it's taken a lot out of me. I feel more enslaved to my job than I feel like a worker, especially with how customers treat me. I present...

The Thrall of Sam Walton

Edit: The pink is considered an Official Walmart Color!

Edited By Arcaneapathy on 12/29/2021 at 9:55 AM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/29/2021 at 12:42 AM Post #598
-- Critique --
I am sorry about that walmart jobs, jobs dealing with the public sucks. now with this design I think you really replicated that walmart vest look well. The pink seems a little random (though it does fit well) but i'm guessing your uniform has pink or something. Now the main change I would suggest is to make the ball and change darker and perhaps very slightly tweak the yellow brighter, other then that this is a solid design that really represents your vice.

-- Designs --
This year I got into Vinyl collecting, so there are a lot of designs based on the Vinyls' I got!

Modest Mouse: This is a Long Drive for Someone With Nothing To Think About

Septum + Double Nostril Piercings
the piercings are black and silver-white

Modest Mouse: Lonesome Crowded West

5in Demonia Platforms

Modest Mouse Concert
I went to my first concert this year! (don't worry, covid safe masks and proof of vaccination + negative test required to get in)

Photo by me, I got in the front row! (PM me if your interested in more pics!)

Destroy Boys Concert
Second concert ever! Had a great time and mostly took videos so ignore the not great photo haha, if your interested in videos PM!

Mom Jeans. Concert
Third and final concert this year, another great one and as with Destroy Boys I mostly have videos, once again PM if your interested in seeing them!

Edited By Limor on 1/2/2022 at 11:55 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/31/2021 at 11:29 PM Post #599
Happy New Years Y'all, hope 2022 does us all better
Revol
Level 75
Wondrous Warlock
Threads: 42
Posted: 1/2/2022 at 5:03 PM Post #600
Critique:
All of your designs are wonderful, as always, but this one kinda stuck out to me. Compared to the base image, the design itself seems much brighter. Maybe it's just the layering and placement of the colors, but the whole design seems just a touch too bright compared to the original.
All I did was desaturate and move around some of the colors, as well as change some traits to make the matching with the original album cover.

Designs:
Genshin Impact
Surprisingly, out of everything that came to mind that has happened to me this year, this one seemed like the biggest. My largest hyperfixation in forever has kept me going through all the ups and downs that 2021 threw at us.
I've based this design on my favorite character from the game, Venti.

Edited:
Edited By Given on 1/4/2022 at 4:24 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 59, 60, 61... 68, 69, 70
This Page loaded in 0.017 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.