Players 2,440 389
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,234,189 1,275
Generated 655,955 49
Captured 1,189,822 102
Bred 6,388,320 1,124
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 38 1, 2, 3... 37, 38, 39... 68, 69, 70 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Rashomon
Level 62
Trickster
Threads: 179
Posted: 4/15/2021 at 4:28 PM Post #371
Critique for Lovador

I love your Ryos, and it's actually very cool - the idea itself, and the fact that you go out and watch the stars. Though I'd recommend making a few aspects pop out a bit - namely the purple, and make the blue a bit less 'swirly' (not referring to the Star Runes trait - I mean the colour itself). It seems to be all blending together, but otherwise it's lovely ^^
Here's original vs. edited!

---

Beach

My family heads to the Russian River literally every break - winter, spring, fall, summer. And we hit the beach a lot, but since COVID, we haven't been much. :)
Shimeree
Level 70
Fancy Pants
Threads: 6
Posted: 4/15/2021 at 9:03 PM Post #372
Sorry, I'm going to need to opt out this week
Ladybugjr
Level 71
Fancy Pants
Threads: 127
Posted: 4/17/2021 at 11:56 AM Post #373
Your design was actually pretty good, but I decided to tweak a few of the colors to match your picture more. Some of the blues were just a little dark. Other than that, good job. It was a beautiful design.
Original --> Critiqued

My designs:
Bakugo and Dekku
On hot days, I usually just stay inside and watch anime or cosplay anime, however, this year we are getting a pool. I have swimsuits of these two of my favorite anime characters so I though I would do a design based on them.

One other thing that I usually do is just go outside and watch anime, but I burn easily, so guess what? I wear *sunscreen*

Frostfire
Level 69
Frosty Hands
Threads: 5
Posted: 4/17/2021 at 4:53 PM Post #374
Sorry, I gotta sit this one out
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 4/19/2021 at 1:21 PM Post #375
TOP 3
Beat the Heat
Challenge

(PLEASE BE SURE TO READ EVERYTHING)

Back at with that late challenge but hey, I worked till 11pm last night and them proceeded to fall asleep! (Remember, still looking for more staff members - hmu if interested!) So albeit late here are your winners and the newest challenge should pop up around 10ish minutes after this! I hope all enjoyed this challenge and are ready to take on the summer heatwave (Though oddly enough, texas is getting cold - it was 70 degrees today - I even wore a sweatshirt and was comfy!)

(Remember if you are chosen, you need to claim your prize before the next deadline otherwise you will forfeit it.)

TOP CRITIQUER IS: Dragon

@Dragongem- Please send me a CoD for 20k, you had a very good critique this time around, good job!

1st PLACE~
Lady's
Design:

Banana Boat Ultra Sport

Something about this design really stood out to, not sure if it's that excellent trait chooses or that strong contrast between the dark blue and orangy-yellow! Your design was spot on when it comes to replicating the sunscreen (I've actually never even seen that brand!) and the colors chosen were perfect. This design and top notch and I honestly couldn't think of another design this time around that could beat it! Great great job over all and for a prize choose from these (1) (2) (3) (4) stables and pick a pair to get a baby from and send a CoD for 20k! In addition you may also look in Celticnuru's GROUP stable and pick a pet from there if you would like to forgo a pet from me.

2nd PLACE~
Luna's
Design:

Winter Mountains

Traveling to the colder parts of the world is honestly the best way to beat the heat, i mean how's the heat gonna get you if you surrounded by snow and ice? This design does a great job of looking like an icy tundra or a snowy mountain top (Which is wear i'm personally imaging your little avatar visiting right now!) and those traits you chose are the real pusher for your design. The pale blues are also such a good choice, having a monochrome design can be really hard to pull off but I gotta say, you did it great! This is an overall very solid design and I quite like it - great job and Send a CoD for 15k please and please keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing what you make in the future!

3rd PLACE~
Noha's
Design:

Water Gun

I will be honest, the colors threw me off at first but theres no denying you recreated that watergun spot on. I never would have thought to use the ?spotted fox? (as I believe thats what the g1 is) since I do personally avoid that trait like the plague but I have to give you mad props for actually being able to make a successful design with that trait! The colors chosen are so spot on with your reference that i'm truly impressed! This design is honestly a very good one! Great job on this design and send a CoD for 10k!

Mystery prize winner will be DMed shortly.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 4/19/2021 at 1:41 PM Post #376
"100th Celebration" Challenge

Man! After two years we finally hit it: the 100th celebration post! This challenge admittedly will be similar to the "a look back challenge" but hey, what's the better way to celebrate 100 DCU challenges then reminiscing on them all? Now what will be different is that you can not only choose from past challenges to recreate but since this is the 100th challenge what do we need: party supplies! So you can not only recreate old challenge but design pets for a mini party. Now with this challenge the stakes have been upped: all prizes will be doubled! Now with the bit of info, get designing y'all! For this challenge PLEASE read the rules as we have two different prompts and both have somewhat separate rules. - they have been separated with a "--" so you know which they refer too!

Now to make this easier for you I will list out the two prompts below (remember you can enter both of these!)
1.) Recreate old challenges and enter designs based on them.
2.) Make a design based on a party, anything to do with a party!

Those who have opted out:

~Requirements~

1.) You must pick and name at least one previous challenge.
2.) You must provide a link to the previous challenge, all of which can be found in the hall of fame.
3.) You must follow the requirements of said challenge that you choose to recreate.
4.) If this is a previous challenge you entered you may not just resubmit old pieces, they must be reworked and redone in some manner.
5.)You may only any singular challenge once (ie. you can make a design based on the Noir Films and the Everyday Hero's challenge but you may not create two noir films designs.)
6.)If you choose to recreate a mandatory challenge the requirement to not edit your posts has been waved.
--
7.) Outside of the above you MAY make a design based on a party! This can be snacks, to decorations, or just the general party atmosphere! If you do this please label it as the 100th challenge prompt! This prompt doesn't have the restrictions of the above and you can make as many as you want!
--
8.) With in your design post, you must ping not only myself but the designer that posted directly before you only. Reason being, you must create a paragraph (3 to 4 sentences long) giving them friendly feedback and or suggestion on improvement on the design and or designs currently present at that time. Please include a copy of their design you are speaking about, along with a design of your own referencing the suggestions you made so they can see visibly what you are trying to say. (The only except is the first designer to post.)
9.) Designers, if someone critiques/comments on your design you must make an attempt to make the changes the critiquer is suggesting. It is through another's opinion/vision you can see what you haven't/couldn't see before and in so doing improve on what is already done. It is a way for you to learn how to take riskses and test yourself. When you have done so, place your altered piece next to the original so we can see the changes you made in comparison. (DO NOT COPY AND PASTE their direct suggested image and take it as your own. That will not help you improve in the slightest, but will be seen as a form of cheating/theft.)

~Rules/Guidelines~
1.) All core group rules are in play!
2.) Don't be afraid to ask for help, feedback and or anything. We are here for you!

~Example~

-- 100th Challenge Prompt --

The Magic Moscow Mule Drinks
Lunadove
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 174
Posted: 4/19/2021 at 1:51 PM Post #377
100!! Yay!!

Equipment

Tidal Lords Stoneweave Bracer

Edited By Lunadove on 4/19/2021 at 5:56 PM.
Shimeree
Level 70
Fancy Pants
Posted: 4/19/2021 at 5:54 PM Post #378
Man, I cant believe it's already been 100 challenges, It's been a blast, thank you for all the good times!
Critique - Lunadove
I absolutely love your design! I adore the colour choice, and I don't know if this was intentional but having them as Lighiras matches the length of the bracer. Personally I think your design is nearly perfect, with some excellent colour matching and trait choice. However, I do have some critiques. Firstly, I thought it looked a little odd having G1 and G2 different, so I changed them both to corroboree so that way the lines down the body were a bit smoother. I also made the colours for both of these traits the same so it would flow better. Secondly, I think the colour you've chosen for C2, while gorgeous, doesn't quite fit the design. I've changed it to a light blue to make it match with the ends of the bracer, since they are mostly light blue. Otherwise, I think you did a wonderful job!
->
--100th Challenge Prompt!--
Fairy Bread

Critiqued:

I'm Blue Challenge
Winters Storm Lupora

Edited By Shimeree on 4/20/2021 at 9:07 PM.
Shimeree
Level 70
Fancy Pants
Posted: 4/19/2021 at 5:57 PM Post #379
I also wanted to ask, since the "wild and free" challenge wasn't a design challenge, are we still allowed to do that one, or is that one exempt from the any challenge rule?
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 4/19/2021 at 10:36 PM Post #380
go ahead!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 37, 38, 39... 68, 69, 70
This Page loaded in 0.015 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.