Players 2,437 399
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,235,311 1,122
Generated 656,000 45
Captured 1,189,917 95
Bred 6,389,302 982
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 29 1, 2, 3... 28, 29, 30... 68, 69, 70 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Frostfire
Level 69
Frosty Hands
Threads: 5
Posted: 3/12/2021 at 11:37 AM Post #281
I really like your idea behind the Plague Bird, but I feel that maybe the colors need a bit more variation, because as or right now they're a little monotonous. Maybe some darker and lighter tones?
(I made the modified one darker with bright highlights and the talons are white to fit the bones and stuff)
Original----------------> Modified

Mine:

Auroral Nytekrie

( Male and Female )

Starguard Nytekrie

( Male and Female )
(For this one I wasn't sure about Moon Armour, but I can add it)
Edited By Frostfire on 3/12/2021 at 11:40 AM.
Frostfire
Level 69
Frosty Hands
Threads: 5
Posted: 3/12/2021 at 11:39 AM Post #282
I'm so sorry I somehow forgot to ping u in my entry but I cannot figure out how to fix it :(
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 3/12/2021 at 12:17 PM Post #283
perfect, thank you :)
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/15/2021 at 11:23 PM Post #284
TOP 3
"Nuts for Nytkrie"
Challenge

(PLEASE BE SURE TO READ EVERYTHING)

Once again, sorry for the wait on this - work. Keep an eye out for staff applications which will be out soon, we really need help here. Now, onto this, challenge will be out soon and everyone send a CoD for 10k since I took so long with this.

(Remember if you are chosen, you need to claim your prize before the next deadline otherwise you will forfeit it.)

TOP CRITIQUER IS: Dragon

@Dragon- Please send me a CoD for 20k, you had a very good critique this time around, good job!

1st PLACE~
Ladybug's
Design:

Lost Cove

I honestly love the colors in this design, I gotta say that bright blue in the wings is great! That's not something I would have ever done as I usually like to match all the colors but omg, you really pulled it off! Now with your permission I would like to generate a pair in the likeness. Great great job and for a prize choose from these (1) (2) (3) stables and pick a pair to get a baby from and send a CoD for 20k! In addition you may also look in Celticnuru's GROUP stable and pick a pet from there if you would like to forgo a pet from me.

2nd PLACE~
Saro's
Design:

Mischevious Vixen

Now personally I love the first version I bit more, the dark brown really just hits different. Now past that I gotta say even though I prefer the first one the critiqued version is just as great! Both of the designs have an elegant quality about them. With your permission (I know I said only first) i'd love to generate a pair in their likeness! Great job, Send a CoD for 15k please and please keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing what you make in the future!

3rd PLACE~
Frost's
Design:

Starguard

This design, though simple, has a very nice appeal to it. The colors, though brighter then I would have done actually work so well! They have a very calm sort of look to them and totally remind me of a brighter summers night when the stars are out! Great job on this design and send a CoD for 5k!

Mystery prize winner will be DMed shortly.
Edited By Limor on 3/15/2021 at 11:50 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/15/2021 at 11:33 PM Post #285
"Tea Time" Challenge

Well with our rather later challenge (I once again apologize) lets take a look at the wonderful world of tea! There's so many different kinds and I personally love tea. Now with this said tea is not all just your bland pale tan colors - there are a wide variety of colors. That being said this challenge is everything to do with tea - from tea cups to tea boxes to the tea itself its all fair game!

Those who have opted out:

~Requirements~

1.)Your design must have something to do with tea.
2.) You must have a reference
3.) Please include what type of tea your referencing UNLESS your doing a teacup then feel free to skip this.
4.) With in your design post, you must ping not only myself but the designer that posted directly before you only. Reason being, you must create a paragraph (3 to 4 sentences long) giving them friendly feedback and or suggestion on improvement on the design and or designs currently present at that time. Please include a copy of their design you are speaking about, along with a design of your own referencing the suggestions you made so they can see visibly what you are trying to say. (The only except is the first designer to post.)
4.) Designers, if someone critiques/comments on your design you must make an attempt to make the changes the critiquer is suggesting. It is through another's opinion/vision you can see what you haven't/couldn't see before and in so doing improve on what is already done. It is a way for you to learn how to take riskses and test yourself. When you have done so, place your altered piece next to the original so we can see the changes you made in comparison. (DO NOT COPY AND PASTE their direct suggested image and take it as your own. That will not help you improve in the slightest, but will be seen as a form of cheating/theft.)

~Rules/Guidelines~
1.) All core group rules are in play!
2.) Don't be afraid to ask for help, feedback and or anything. We are here for you!

~Example~

Lavender Tea

Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/15/2021 at 11:49 PM Post #286
Good Afternoon Everyone!

After getting a job I realized me and the other staff members need some more help! We are looking to add 1-2 more group admins. We would bounce ideas off of each other to finalize the challenge for that week. Not only that, but you would be in charge of setting up and posting said challenge from time to time...Like every other week or so..We could discuss the particulars there in private. You would also help me in deciding whom should be in the top 3 for each challenge...You wouldn't unfortunately be able to change the main group posts on the first page, but you could offer up suggestions and I would get them changed for you if it is something we all can agree on. I know Vani and Lenore are currently assisting me when I am unfortunately out, but we could use the help. If you are interested and want to apply...PM me private the form listed with in this post. If approved, you will be alerted privately as well with a letter of information that you will need to review.

PERKS INCLUDE: Byes for the week's challenge you post/run and or help create. That is if you want to, otherwise you can participate.

MUST HAVES: Must be able to add me as a friend along with the other staff members, and accept our friend's request so we can talk through Sylestia messenger as well as discord as this is the staffs main form of communicating. Must be an active member, and must communicate frequently with other staff members. Communication is important. Please do not apply if you cannot communicate on a regular basis especially if you are out for a real life issue. Or if you are out suddenly, make sure to alert someone asap so they can tell the others.

APPLICATION:
(Please do not post your app here in this thread. PM me privately.)
Sylestia Player Name:
Preferred Name:
Are You Open To Accepting Everyone On The Staff's Friend's Request?:
What Days Are The Best Day To Talk Openly With You Without Having To PM You?
Have Any Days Off Needed Soon? And if so...For How Long?
Are You Willing To Help Enforce Group Rules, Requirements, And Guidelines?
Can you join discord?

I will be accepting applications up until the deadline of this next challenge.
Noha
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 43
Posted: 3/16/2021 at 12:50 PM Post #287
~Hibiscus Splash~

~Modified~

~Rainbow Lemonade~

~Modified~

~Mango Fruit Punch~

~Modified~

~Tie-dye Butterfly~

~Modified~

~Blood Orange Boost~

Edited By Noha on 3/17/2021 at 11:21 AM.
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 3/16/2021 at 3:26 PM Post #288
I assume Dragon meant me? (because i don't think any other dragon's participated this round) so i sent over the CoD and i will sadly have to opt out of for this week due to schoolwork. I do look forward to enjoying all these lovely tea themed designs though so good luck everybody!
Shimeree
Level 70
Fancy Pants
Threads: 6
Posted: 3/16/2021 at 9:47 PM Post #289
Critique
To start off with, your Hibiscus Splash design is absolutely stunning! The use of the Lotus genes and mutations to represent the Hibiscus flower is very creative, and I love how you used Emperor Angelfish to add that extra hint of pink. The colours are nearly spot on, and the only comment I can make is I think you could very slightly bump up the saturation of the blue and the pinks to make them feel a tiny bit less grey. Otherwise, I think this design is perfect!
->

Next up, your Rainbow Lemonade design has such great creativity! I think that your choice of Rainbow Mechanical Armour is perfect for the design, and using the gold and orange colours for the metal works wonderfully (especially since those are the 2 colours Rainbow Mechanical Armour are missing). Also, using Lunar Runes to add a touch more colour in there to make it slightly less plain. Yet again, my only critique is to up the saturation of C3 to make it better match the lid of the tea tin.
->

For your Mango Fruit Punch design, I think the traits you've used are absolutely adorable! The spots really match the tin design, and the Chibi Wings and Pixie Dust add that nice touch of yellow. However, I do have a couple of critiques for this one. Firstly, I think you need to add a little more contrast between the pink and the purple, because they kinda blend in together. I've upped the saturation of the pink and lightened the purple, but I think any change would work as long as it added some more contrast. Secondly, I think you could change the eye colour to an accent colour, such as the yellow or rust/orange, just to add a little more colour contrast. I've chosen the same rust/orange you used for the spots, but you could definitely use the yellow or even a darker shade of any of the colours if you would prefer.
->

Finally, your Tie-Dye Butterfly design has spot on colours! They match your reference almost perfectly! Plus, Most of your traits really give that soft, swirly vibe that the tin gives. However, I personally think that Panthera is not the best G1 for your design. It's sorta got a blur to it, whereas the lines on your tin are crisp and smooth. I've swapped G1 to Petals and swapped a couple of colours so that the design still looks pretty similar to your original, but you could also use something like Calico, Panthera, or maybe even Flame Runes or Crystaline Shimmer.
->

My Designs
Tea 1: Earl Grey

Critiqued[/i[

Tea 2: English Breakfast

Edited By Shimeree on 3/17/2021 at 4:56 PM.
Lunadove
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 174
Posted: 3/16/2021 at 10:47 PM Post #290
Hi! I didn't want to mess up pinglist.. I changed my username from 04lunashadow to Lunadove and I thought I should tell u so pinglist doesn't get all messed up :3
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 28, 29, 30... 68, 69, 70
This Page loaded in 0.015 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.