Danithegoat
Level 72
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 45
Posted: 12/7/2020 at 8:47 AM Post #1
Feel free to leave comments and reviews, maybe even constructive criticism

The Actor and The Criminal
Written by Spiritbeast

The world knows him as Kanra, a mafia informant and criminal mastermind, responsible for over a thousand crimes, most of which, murders. He pays off the police, FBI and even the government, just to stay afloat. Kanra lives life in the now, and never cares about how his actions affect others.
Everyday, he meets a wide variety of people, ranging from small-time thugs, to world-famous serial killers, and he befriends them all with his charm and sweet words.
One day, Kanra met an unusual man at the local bar, a man by the name of Damien Smith.

Damien Smith is a famous actor who rose to the top at the young age of fifteen, the world loves him, and he loves the world just as much. Damien's good looks and charisma land him in the top five famous actors of all time, placing him at a solid number three.
Now, Damien may seem like a happy-go-lucky man who lives a fulfilling life, but deep down, he longs for something more. Damien always wanted to spice up his life, but never wanted to ruin his image, thats when he met Kanra.

It was a rainy Saturday night when Damien visited the local bar, the Devils Nest. It was infamous for shady deals and was a criminal hotspot. Everyone knew about the crimes going on there, but the cops couldnt bust it due to lack of evidence. No one questioned when famous actors, singers and artists entered the place, they were treated like people, and thats why Damien loved the place so much.
He walked through the bars front doors and sat down at the counter, ordered his usual drink and placed a hand on his head.
The first few times he was there, people would go up and ask for autographs, but soon came to learn that he wasnt interested. People left him alone after that, and Damien finally found a sense of freedom, a place he could be himself. He didnt know anyone there, no one did, they just sat together and drank in peace, talking seldom and rarely making eye contact. That Saturday night, everything changed.

"Hey, you're Damien Smith right?" A man asked, walking up to the actor. Damien ignored him, hoping the man would leave him alone, but he didn't.
"I see you here every few nights, bout time I introduce myself, don'tcha think?" He said, sitting down next to him. Damien continued to ignore him, he didn't even look up.
"Mind if I buy you a drink?" The man asked, Damien sighed.
"I already have one thanks, now will you please leave me alone?" The actor said, annoyed.
"I can see that, but what's so wrong with getting another one?" The man chirped, beckoning the bartender over.
"Fine, but just one. Then you leave me alone, got it?" Damien growled, pushing his hair back. The man agreed and ordered him another drink, as well as one for himself. The two sat in silence for a bit, the occasional chatter of others could be heard in the background. Damien finished his drink and gestured for the other man to leave, only then did he look up at him.

The man was a red-head, long fiery orange hair tied back into a ponytail which fell over his left shoulder. His bangs were parted at the side, and hung down beside his ears. The man had vibrant emerald eyes and long eyelashes. He wore a black leather jacket and a low neck white shirt underneath.
"Like what you see?" The man teased, Damien sighed.
You wish, now get out of my face. He hissed, gesturing once again for the man to leave. He complied, paid for their drinks and left the bar. Damien put both hands over his face and groaned loudly, he never even got the annoying mans name, not that he wanted it anyway, but it would've been nice to know it.

The next day after work, Damien went for a walk under a bridge. There once was water underneath it, but due to pollution, the river dried up. It left a sad tunnel, with walls covered in obscene graffiti and gang symbols.
The neighborhood was a mess, and the cops slacked off and didn't do their job. Damien could easily move out, but he doubted he could find a bar like the Devils Nest.
Damien exhaled loudly, the sound echoed off of the tunnel walls. He leaned up against one, the grime covering it leaked onto his designer coat. He didn't mind, he could always wash it off.

"Didn't expect to see you here, how are you?" Said a familiar voice. Damien looked up to see the man from the previous night, he was wearing the exact same clothes.
"Do you ever change?" Damien asked, half disgusted.
"Yep, cant a man wear the same coat twice, though? Or are you too sheltered to answer that?" The man joked, Damien looked the other way.
"What? Aren't you gonna thank me for the drink?" The man asked, Damien looked at him and paused before answering.
"Thank you." The mans face lit up as he skipped towards the actor. He leaned against the adjacent wall and smiled.
"I expected you to be more happy, or is that just a front?"
"Do you only ask questions? Or do you talk like a normal person?" Damien growled, the man looked at him.
"Well, I didn't take you for someone who wanted to make small talk. I expected you to be nicer to a fan, but you're just another washed up celebrity." This hit Damien hard, he had been so invested in his work, he forgot about his fans. He always put on a smile to please others, but never thought about himself. He sighed.

"Perhaps you're right, I've always craved something more exciting in life. I thought being an actor would give me the life I'm looking for, but I think it only made it worse." Damien admitted, he didn't like being honest, but something about this man interested him.
"If you're looking to make your life more colorful, I can help." The man stated, Damien looked at him, confused.
"They call me Kanra, I'm sure you've heard of me." Damien blinked, was this guy for real?
"I can tell you don't believe me, Mr. Actor, but I never lie. Sure, I twist and bend the truth, and manipulate the rules to my liking, but I'd never do something as awful as lie to you." Kanra said, smiling.
"Then you're a criminal, and why should I ever trust you?"
"Because, we have something in common. You want to spice up your life, I want a friend. So, what will it be, Mr. Actor?" Kanra said, extending his hand. Damien reached his own hand out, only to slap Kanra's.
"If I were to associate with you, my life and career would be over. I have nothing to gain from working with you." Damien hissed, turning away.
"Live a little crazy, my friend. I've seen the way you act at the bar, you live a life of misery and sorrow, I can change that. You pretend to be happy, only to drink away your sadness when you think no one's looking." Kanra said, his voice was soft and sweet, like honey. His words wormed their way into Damien's mind, who shook his head in protest.
"You're clever, and convincing, but I'm no fool. Id rather live a life of luxury than to live a life of crime." Damien responded, his voice shook more than he wanted it to.
"Very well, Mr. Actor. If you change your mind however, give me a call." Kanra said, smirking as he handed the actor his business card.

Damien went home and threw the card on his desk, he got ready for bed and lied down. Kanras words echoed in his mind, repeating over and over. His voice was like honey, it was sickly sweet and stuck to everything it touched, including the actors mind.
He shook his head and closed his eyes, trying to fall asleep.

Weeks passed, and Damien didn't think about the encounter, until one stressful night. It was stormy, raining heavily and thunder crashed every few seconds. The rain came down like bombs, exploding as it hit the floor.
Damien took out his phone and dialed the number that Kanra gave him, the phone rang, and rang, and the actor was convinced he wouldn't pick up, until...
"Hello, Mr. Actor, I knew you'd call."
Edited By Spiritbeast on 12/21/2020 at 9:10 AM.

This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.