Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > --Releasers of Sylestia--
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Satyr
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 9
Posted: 10/28/2020 at 8:17 AM Post #1

This will be a temporary thread for the Releasers of Sylestia since the leader of the club has been inactive lately. People were given permission to remake it, but only until the leader comes back full-time.

I'll try my best to make it as neat as possible.

In the faraway land called Sylestia, lived a petite Lupora named Duchess Rune. She has deemed a prized possession to most adventurers that occasionally glimpsed into her owner's stables. For the juvenile, Lup did not care for the bitter confinements of her owner's stable. Duchess Rune yearned to feel the warmth of the sun and to gaze at the stars that made the twilight sky glitter.

Her owner, Anabella never fed her sylesti's. Sometimes the fifteen-year-old would wait weeks before noticing that all of her pets needed to be mass-revived. Though Duchess Rune didn't have to worry about the dreaded "sleep" yet, she was still terrified to be booted out of the hatchery and forced into the stables. The only time Duchess Rune ever witnessed the sun, was when her mother was obtained by another adventurer for an outrageous price.

The baby Lupora wanted to escape these stables, but Anabella never let her "precious" purebred out of her sight. If Duchess Rune couldn't escape this prison, she at least fancied to accompany the warriors when they aided Anabella in battles against hostile creatures. Of course, her owner perpetually formulated an excuse that Duchess Rune would ruin her fur or chip her claws if she ever tried to fight.

One day, Anabella took her three, level fifty-five Zolnixis and left. About half the day had gone by when the owner had returned with a bag filled with gold coins, armor, and other trinkets that were found along the trail in The Sweet Apple Orchard. Anabella glanced one at Duchess Rune before nodding her head to herself. It was strange to see her owner do that sort of gesture.

Two days had gone by, and Duchess Rune was almost about to turn into an Adolescent. This scared the poor Lupora almost to death, yet some of the stable pets had been happy for the past two days. Presumably, Anabella had received a lot of gold for completing quests. The Lup looked at the hoard of items in one of the corners of the stables. Nothing but seasoned cloth and vials of mysterious liquids laid there.

Suddenly, laughter broke out beyond the doors to the stables. Today was an adoption day, or so the owner calls it. Three people seemed to be accompanying Anabella into the grimy stables. One of them looked at Duchess Rune. The creature aimed at her as her friends began to regard her as well. The owner looked concerned but was not willing to lose potential customers.

"She is all yours!" The owner shouted as the three creatures that rescued Duchess Rune from the stables. They set her on the ground and smiled while handing a few apples to the Lupora.

"You are now free to do as you like, Duchess Rune." The three strangers spoke in unison before walking away from the Lupora.

"Wait!" She squeaked and followed after them, "Who are you?" The strangers stopped and looked at her with amused faces.

"We are the Releasers of Sylestia," with those final words, they disappeared into the morning fog.

Thank you Syrix for making this story and thank you Asphodels for starting the club!

"Please understand that this was not a sob story to get people to join our cause! I had a lot of fun writing this little short story and I've felt as if I did a good job. I want others to understand why I and others release pets for other people's stables. Yes, people will get mad at us. Will that stop me from trying to help the Sylestian economy? No. Will it stop others from trying to do the same? Probably. I can understand if someone wishes not to be apart of this club anymore if they've been getting harassed by others.

The only way this club is going to be taken down is if Krinadon asks me to do so or locks the thread so no one else can post on it. I refuse to let others tell me what I should and should not do (unless it's a site admin; then I will most definitely listen xD). Please refrain from commenting about how horrible I or anyone else is if they join. I will not stand others harassing my fellow releasers..." - Syrix
Edited By Satyr on 12/14/2020 at 9:05 AM.
Satyr
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/28/2020 at 8:17 AM Post #2
Why Do We Release Them?

We realize that this is a sensitive subject and that yes, many of you might feel angry at us.

Keep this in mind: Would you rather have your Sylesti starve, with no say in how they live in captivity, which is no better than death, or be released in the wild? There is no option to feed a released Sylesti, since they are well-fed and happy out in the wild.

Why does it cost so much to retrieve a released Sylesti back from the wild? Because they are happy. They are happy and well-fed, probably with a family. The Sylesti you meet while adventuring attack you, sure! Because they feel disturbed that you have come too close to them. If you came across a bear, poked it and laughed at it, do you think you would get attacked by the bear? The answer is YES. Yes you would.

If you want your precious, cheap pet back, pay us 50 gems or 500k. We would be happy to take your pet out of its natural environment, away from it's family and stuff it in a cage for you.
(That was sarcasm, but yes, we will re-claim you pet for you)

Don't agree with me? Alright, you're free to have your opinion. Just don't bother us about this subject. If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all.

This is what Krinadon said:

Also, to avoid any conflict, if the player has a specific note on their profile saying they don't want people to release their sylesti's, it might be best if we don't release their pets. Of course, who am I to tell you no? ;)
Edited By Satyr on 1/29/2021 at 10:02 AM.
Satyr
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/28/2020 at 8:17 AM Post #3

# of Members: (people highlighted in red have changed their names so they won't work when pinged)

Ping Lists:
Meranoia, Somneli, Kattya, Orcastration, Cian, Larkien, Sawbill, Sairento, Lapo, AliceHearts, Asviloka, Hiraeth, Mossflight2, Asphodels, Tori, AC9123, Miroh, Arcaneapathy, Kittyauthor, Limor, Wolfpack2020, Penumbra, Marichoness
(23/23)

Rakshadoodle, Byteme96, Auria, Danibane, Vanikmal, Alison280, Rillamar, Scarlitskys, Alstoxen, Pineappletwins7, Saroyan, Ashana, Amanii, Mireille, WingsOfAmber, Ladybugjr
(14/23)

Form to join:
Ping me, and then fill out the following form.

Username:
User ID:
Thoughts on releasing:
Amount of pets released: (you must have released over 50 pets to submit a form)

Please understand that we have the right to decline your form! If we heard anything about harassment then you will automatically be banned from joining. Each person has three harassment strikes! Once you are out, then you will be kicked immediately!
Edited By Satyr on 1/20/2021 at 9:17 AM.
Satyr
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/28/2020 at 8:17 AM Post #4

You can submit any released Sylesti that you think were pretty or unique!

Edited By Satyr on 1/19/2021 at 9:53 AM.
Satyr
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/28/2020 at 8:18 AM Post #5
Leader Board
Anyone with a * after their name had asked me to get their weekly info for them. Names won't be moved around as often, even if the numbers are updated.

Above 10,000

Tori - 56,356
Asviloka* - 43,377
Kattya - 30,276
AliceHearts* - 17,278

General

Asphodels - 9,437
Somneli* - 6,485
Sairento* - 3,923
Cian - 3,600
Scarlitskys - 2,394
Limor - 2,216
Vanikmal - 2,160
Marichoness - 1,394
Ladybugjr - 1,355
Mireille - 1,175
AC9123 - 1,056
Larkien - 1,271
Danibane - 1,540
Alstoxen - 638
Hiraeth* - 966
Alison280 - 566
Mossflight2 - 522
Sawbill - 496
Orcastration* - 691
Saroyan - 430
Miroh - 424
Penumbra - 423
Ashana - 341
Wolfpack2020 - 308
Amanii - 282
Kittyauthor - 249
Pineappletwins7 - 237
Rillamar - 233
Arcaneapathy - 215
Auria - 201
Byteme96* - 418
Lapo - 163

Below 100

Rakshadoodle - 88
Edited By Satyr on 1/20/2021 at 9:17 AM.
Satyr
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/28/2020 at 8:18 AM Post #6

If anyone has any suggestions for events that they'd want to see, please privately message me!
Edited By Satyr on 11/24/2020 at 3:24 PM.
Satyr
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/28/2020 at 8:18 AM Post #7

1. Discord server is OPEN! Please PM Larkien to get the link to join.

2. Leader Board Updates

3. Releasers of Sylestia Log Book

If anyone has any ideas for future updates to this Club, please PM me with the title 'RoS Ideas/Suggestions'. Any idea is considered, don't be afraid!
Edited By Satyr on 1/20/2021 at 9:18 AM.
Satyr
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/28/2020 at 8:18 AM Post #8

1. Release all pets that go from 1-100g in a price range!

2. Increase the value of pets that aren't themed/purebred!

3. Get the ranks function up and running!
(This thread won't touch this subject until Meranoia comes back)

These basically just give us a little reminder of what our club is working on at the moment. I don't really plan on making any new ones unless a member recommends something to me.
Edited By Satyr on 12/14/2020 at 9:06 AM.
Satyr
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/28/2020 at 8:18 AM Post #9

I have recently noticed that a few 'Free Pet Threads' have been popping up, intended for new players who would benefit from this service. Anyone who owns a thread like this may not appreciate people buying and selling their pets. I don't want any fights to erupt between people here and those who have messaged them, saying they are against or do not want their pets bought and released.

This page in simply a reminder for the members of this club to avoid, if they can, releasing from these people. The members in this club still can do as they wish and buy/release pets from these people if they wish. I will ignore any complaints from sellers if they have 'beef' with a member of this club. Do NOT harass releasers if we choose to ignore your request.

We have every right to purchase a pet from a sellers stables AND release them.

~People to Avoid Releasing Pets From~

Cherith101
Oofofthelandofoof
Earthprotector49
Reneerenee16
Ethan78790
Niklync
Nightraptor
Lpskitfit
Tsumi
Arene
Dovakintucker
Zetha
Mikazukichan

If you want us to avoid releasing your pets, please message Satyr privately so we can add your name to the list above.
Edited By Satyr on 1/13/2021 at 1:35 PM.
Satyr
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/28/2020 at 8:18 AM Post #10
-Opened-
Edited By Satyr on 10/28/2020 at 8:55 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.