Players 2,440 389
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,234,189 1,275
Generated 655,955 49
Captured 1,189,822 102
Bred 6,388,320 1,124
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Battle Discussion > How can I get past arch mage & undea...
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Snowdrop
Level 75
Brosilla's Minion
Threads: 54
Posted: 10/27/2020 at 6:35 PM Post #1
I've been battling and failing for a long time at the same battle, ad I don't know how to get past it. It's the arch mage and undead knights battle in Enigmatic Grotto. Any tips?
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 10/27/2020 at 7:31 PM Post #2
1. What are your party pets for this fight/ what is your team setup (slot 1/2/3)?

2. is this a wave battle (defeat an enemy, it gets replaced) or a regular 3 enemy mob? (It's been a long time since I was at that part of the game)
Snowdrop
Level 75
Brosilla's Minion
Posted: 10/27/2020 at 7:35 PM Post #3
First party slot: Shadow
Second: Un-named, (the cute witch zolnixi female)
Third: Bloom
Yes, it is a wave battle.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 10/27/2020 at 8:10 PM Post #4
okay

1. The party
Earth and Shadow are both primarily Tank elements, so you're basically running a 3 tank team.

More usual party setups are Tank/Healer/Attacker (most common), Tank/Buffer/Attacker, (Tank/Healer)/Attacker/Attacker, Tank/Attacker/Attacker, (though there's also things like triple shadow teams)

Between Earth and Shadow elements, Earth is the one that's a fully dedicated tank element- its attacks center around taunting opponents into attacking it.

Tank elements: Water, Earth, Shadow, (sometimes Light)
Healer: Light
Buffer: Water
Attacker: Fire, Air (Shadow is used rarely)

Elements fall into one of two 'types', Physical or Magical
Physical elements use the Physical Damage stat and the Strength stat, and are Water, Earth, and Air
Magical elements use the Magical Damage stat and the Intelligence stat, and are Light, Shadow, and Fire
(the damage stats are what pet's attacks calculate their output with, but only use the one that matches which type they are; so for example an Air pet cannot make any use of the Magical Damage stat as it's a Physical element)

These things are important to take note of when picking equips

Physical elements want equips that boost Strength (Assassin, Myrmidon)
Magical elements want the ones that boost Intelligence (Illusionist, Evoker)

Tank pets want the ones that boost Agility (Assassin, Illusionist). Agility boosts a pet's Evasion, speed, and defences. So Tanks, which go in slot 1 and are thus the target for most enemy attacks, want it so they a) have a lower chance of being hit, and b) when they are hit, they take less damage

Attackers want the ones that boost Dexterity (Myrmidon, Evoker). Dexterity increases a pet's Accuracy, speed, and Critical hit chance. Fire and Air pets rely on critical hits to inflict their damaging debuffs on enemies.

Healers and buffers generally get equipped for Dexterity too, as it's the tank pet that is the focus of enemy attacks, though they can also make use of agility equips

So using this information, you can look at a pet and work out what kind of equipment it needs.
Example: an Earth pet is a Tank element, so it goes in slot 1, is a Physical element (str equips) and needs evasion and defence (agi equips), so it wants Assassin gear, which boosts Str/Agi

In the case of your pets:
Shadow-
> Is a shadow element but has a Myrmidon relic. Relics give a large boost to the Damage stat, but as a Myrmidon relic, this one boosts the Physical Damage stat, which is a stat that Shadow, as a shadow element, doesn't use at all (that's a +80 attack boost she's missing out on right there)
> She currently has two myrmidon and two disciple, so... two Phys attacker equips, and two placeholder equips, and no magic tank equips
> Uncommon equips are Bad.
(> at lv35, the best equips you can have on a pet are generally Legendary lv25 (leg. lv30/35 equips are pretty rare, while lv25s are a relatively common drop from lv25 esior very hard mission satchels, so they're pretty easy to get off the Trade Broker) or Sanctuary of Saerielle Town Hall equips (but you need high rep. with Saerielle to buy them and they're untradeable sadly)
> HP/Int profs are fine for a Shaodw tank I guess (I don't really know much about shadow tanks)

Un-named-
> also shadow
> has no equips at all
> an HP prof (generally only tanks get given HP profs)

Bloom-
> Earth, but being used as an attacker?
> Has a magical relic, but is a physical element
> profs are str/dex, but again, earth is a dedicated tank element whose main ability is taunting opponents into attacking it. Even if it ISN'T being used as a slot 1 pet it'd still need agility purely because of that (which, again, is why I call them dedicated tanks, wheras water and shadow and light aren't)

2. On the Battle
In wave battles like this one, the strategy is "aim for one single enemy slot"- you leave two of the enemies alone, and thus you bottleneck the stronger opponents into only appearing one-at-a-time
Edited By Scathreoite on 10/27/2020 at 8:12 PM.
Earthprotector49
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 17
Posted: 10/27/2020 at 8:55 PM Post #5
The only thing Ill add, since Scathreoite covered pretty much everything, is get rid of the more challenging enemies (Undead Knights and Archmages) first, that way, all youll have to deal with at the end of the battle are the easier ones.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 10/28/2020 at 3:14 PM Post #6
This thread has been moved to: Battle Discussion.
Sol75
Level 58
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 19
Posted: 11/5/2020 at 12:44 PM Post #7
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=93414&page=1#4
Author: Scathreoite
Time Posted: 10/27/2020 at 8:10 PM
okay

1. The party
Earth and Shadow are both primarily Tank elements, so you're basically running a 3 tank team.

More usual party setups are Tank/Healer/Attacker (most common), Tank/Buffer/Attacker, (Tank/Healer)/Attacker/Attacker, Tank/Attacker/Attacker, (though there's also things like triple shadow teams)

Between Earth and Shadow elements, Earth is the one that's a fully dedicated tank element- its attacks center around taunting opponents into attacking it.

Tank elements: Water, Earth, Shadow, (sometimes Light)
Healer: Light
Buffer: Water
Attacker: Fire, Air (Shadow is used rarely)

Elements fall into one of two 'types', Physical or Magical
Physical elements use the Physical Damage stat and the Strength stat, and are Water, Earth, and Air
Magical elements use the Magical Damage stat and the Intelligence stat, and are Light, Shadow, and Fire
(the damage stats are what pet's attacks calculate their output with, but only use the one that matches which type they are; so for example an Air pet cannot make any use of the Magical Damage stat as it's a Physical element)

These things are important to take note of when picking equips

Physical elements want equips that boost Strength (Assassin, Myrmidon)
Magical elements want the ones that boost Intelligence (Illusionist, Evoker)

Tank pets want the ones that boost Agility (Assassin, Illusionist). Agility boosts a pet's Evasion, speed, and defences. So Tanks, which go in slot 1 and are thus the target for most enemy attacks, want it so they a) have a lower chance of being hit, and b) when they are hit, they take less damage

Attackers want the ones that boost Dexterity (Myrmidon, Evoker). Dexterity increases a pet's Accuracy, speed, and Critical hit chance. Fire and Air pets rely on critical hits to inflict their damaging debuffs on enemies.

Healers and buffers generally get equipped for Dexterity too, as it's the tank pet that is the focus of enemy attacks, though they can also make use of agility equips

So using this information, you can look at a pet and work out what kind of equipment it needs.
Example: an Earth pet is a Tank element, so it goes in slot 1, is a Physical element (str equips) and needs evasion and defence (agi equips), so it wants Assassin gear, which boosts Str/Agi

In the case of your pets:
Shadow-
> Is a shadow element but has a Myrmidon relic. Relics give a large boost to the Damage stat, but as a Myrmidon relic, this one boosts the Physical Damage stat, which is a stat that Shadow, as a shadow element, doesn't use at all (that's a +80 attack boost she's missing out on right there)
> She currently has two myrmidon and two disciple, so... two Phys attacker equips, and two placeholder equips, and no magic tank equips
> Uncommon equips are Bad.
(> at lv35, the best equips you can have on a pet are generally Legendary lv25 (leg. lv30/35 equips are pretty rare, while lv25s are a relatively common drop from lv25 esior very hard mission satchels, so they're pretty easy to get off the Trade Broker) or Sanctuary of Saerielle Town Hall equips (but you need high rep. with Saerielle to buy them and they're untradeable sadly)
> HP/Int profs are fine for a Shaodw tank I guess (I don't really know much about shadow tanks)

Un-named-
> also shadow
> has no equips at all
> an HP prof (generally only tanks get given HP profs)

Bloom-
> Earth, but being used as an attacker?
> Has a magical relic, but is a physical element
> profs are str/dex, but again, earth is a dedicated tank element whose main ability is taunting opponents into attacking it. Even if it ISN'T being used as a slot 1 pet it'd still need agility purely because of that (which, again, is why I call them dedicated tanks, wheras water and shadow and light aren't)

2. On the Battle
In wave battles like this one, the strategy is "aim for one single enemy slot"- you leave two of the enemies alone, and thus you bottleneck the stronger opponents into only appearing one-at-a-time

For the sake of example(Ignore the high levels), this is the team I use:

https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=5063592
Tank, Water element

https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=1409055
Attacker, Air element

https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=2887144
Healer, Light element

They all have equipment that complements the elements and roles they have, so the Water pet has str equipment, Air has str equipment, and Light has int equipment. I also invested in defensive stats for Water, offense for Air, and dex and int for Light.

Essentially, the goal should be to construct a team where each pet has a defined role and has the tools to perform that job.

I think I did the pings right if not that's mb
Edited By Sol75 on 11/5/2020 at 12:46 PM.
Snowdrop
Level 75
Brosilla's Minion
Posted: 11/5/2020 at 1:02 PM Post #8
Oh, that. I forgot about that, I'm in astryl's vale now. But what you said makes sense! I have a healer in the start, a light. Then, I have a tank, shadow. After that, an attacker, fire. My light has a lot of intelligence and agility, and my shadow has a lot of agility, and my fire has a lot of, well, both intelligence and dexterity.
My stats:

Light:

Trixie
Health: 6,661 / 6,661 (589 + 0)
Mana: 82 / 122 (100 + 0)

902,469 / 1,087,763 82.97 %

Attuned to Light
3/3
Owner: CuteSeal126
Level: 60

Physical Damage: 115
Magical Damage: 385

Strength: 229 (56 + 0)
Intelligence: 399 (54 + 0)
Dexterity: 200 (53 + 0)
Agility: 443 (55 + 0)

Physical Mitigation: 37.33%
Magical Mitigation: 41.23%
Critical Hit Chance: 15.42%
Accuracy Bonus: 8.80%
Avoidance Chance: 18.35%
Quickness Rating: 64.30

Shadow:

Shadow
Health: 6,137 / 6,137 (200 + 0)
Mana: 72 / 122 (100 + 0)

896,365 / 1,087,763 82.40 %

Attuned to Shadow
3/3

Physical Damage: 100
Magical Damage: 384

Strength: 200 (20 + 0)
Intelligence: 398 (24 + 0)
Dexterity: 215 (22 + 0)
Agility: 404 (24 + 0)

Physical Mitigation: 33.97%
Magical Mitigation: 38.64%
Critical Hit Chance: 16.08%
Accuracy Bonus: 9.62%
Avoidance Chance: 16.88%
Quickness Rating: 61.90

Fire:

Bloom
Health: 5,942 / 5,942 (119 + 0)
Mana: 62 / 122 (100 + 0)

793,236 / 1,087,763 72.92 %

Attuned to Fire
3/3

Physical Damage: 293
Magical Damage: 178

Strength: 215 (12 + 0)
Intelligence: 356 (12 + 0)
Dexterity: 343 (11 + 0)
Agility: 231 (15 + 0)

Physical Mitigation: 22.12%
Magical Mitigation: 25.36%
Critical Hit Chance: 25.66%
Accuracy Bonus: 14.57%
Avoidance Chance: 10.10%
Quickness Rating: 57.40
Sol75
Level 58
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 19
Posted: 11/5/2020 at 4:13 PM Post #9
Fyi the tank should be in the first slot.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 11/5/2020 at 4:52 PM Post #10
@Sol75- I mean, be more likely to lean more to 1Str/1Dex on the air pet and 2Int on the Light pet, since Light pets don't need critical hits for anything, while Air pets do if they want to inflict Slash's Bleeding debuff
(additionally, both the light and air pet have underlevelled equips (lv50 legendary are pretty easy to get from the broker because they can drop from lv50 mission satchels), it's easy, and Ravager equips are very much to the detriment of an air pet's dex stat. I don't think I've ever actually seen anyone actually use Arcanist or ravager on their battle pets?)

@CuteSeal126,
Shadow pet should be in slot 1 (middle of the screen in battle, the one that visibly follows you if you're in region 3 or the fest zone)

Since your pets are lv60, you'll want to get either lv50 legendary (a better option than lv55 rare, easier to get than lv60 legendary or myth lv50) equips of LG equips (a much better option)
Shadow pets should have either *Illusionist* (Int/Agi- yours has two evokers, an assassin, and a disciple) or Reaver (lg type equip, Agi/Int)

A Light healer at lv60 is best proffed with either 3Int or 2Int/1Dex and equipped with either Evoker (Int/Dex- yours currently has one illusionist, two assassin, and a disciple) or Pyromancer (lg type equip, Int/Dex) (there are Lightbringer equips, but they're more designed for light tanks, not healers, being Int/Agi)

A Fire Attacker at lv60 is best with 2Int/1Dex (like with Air pets, fire pets need crits for their base attack to inflict debuffs) and equipped with Evoker (yours has... a ravager of all things, two assassins and an illusionist...) or Pyromancer
(the fact that Bloom has a Ravager relic is a serious detriment to him- as we explained previously, if he had an equivalent Int-type relic he'd be getting a +185 boost to his magical damage stat (the thing he uses to calculate how much his moves do), but as it is the boost is going to his Phys damage stat, which he doesn't use at all because he's a magic element)
Edited By Scathreoite on 11/5/2020 at 4:53 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.