Page 2 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 8/1/2020 at 12:07 AM Post #11

Written and Edited by Limor

Hello all! For this club spotlight we will be taking a glance over too Beaubuddyz's Hatchling Club, which is found here! This club seems very well run - and large from the looks of it with two ping lists! And without furthado lets get into Bea's own words on her club!

1. What inspired you to make the hatchling club?

I was an insane newbie at the time was was trying to jump right into the Forums. I thought that free gifts for newbies in the form of pets would be amazing, and for players (like me at the time) who had full hatcheries would love to give away a few pets to a good home. With the base down, I just hastily slapped it onto a forums page and waited. (Yes, I know. At the time I was a terrible club manager. The pets I gave away were sooooo trashy back then. I've thankfully grown past that stage. :) )

2. Were you expecting it to get so big?

Actually, no. I remember practically throwing a party when I got my first member. When I recently realized that I would need to start another pinglist, I was excited. The assistants might not be so happy though with so many players though, lol.

3. I notice you have a super cute mascot, who designed that? Does she have a name?

Actually, it's not just a design, it's a real pet! Stryker666 won the mascot competition with Cyrillia.

4. What is your favorite thing about the club?

Hmmm, there's a lot of things I've enjoyed about the club. My favorite is probably the spirit. Players are always willing to help others, give great hatchlings, and more! But I've seen that all over Sylestia so it's not just here, lol. Still, it's such a different atmosphere than my school, just as an example. Smile

5. Anything else?

Thanks for choosing The Hatchling Club to interview, Limor! And for the readers, I'd love to invite you to join! I promise, you won't regret it. Smile
Thanks again!

and an extra note for those still wondering: here is the clubs description found on its front page!
"This club is all about free hatchlings. If you join as a regular member, once a month you get a new hatchling from somebody. If you join as an assistant, you get to give hatchlings to members. You can join as both a member and an assistant to get the best out of both worlds! Join today to get your first free hatchling!"
Edited By Limor on 8/1/2020 at 12:41 AM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/1/2020 at 12:07 AM Post #12

Written by Limor, Edited by Larkien

For this themed pet showcase, lets take a look at the Red-Winged Blackbird Nytekrie, designed by Lostplanetvoltia!

Below is a screenshot of the original Red-Winged Blackbird Nyte, as with the upcoming Nytekrie update, I am sure they will change!

And here are the image codes, which will update when the revamp is released!

Now onto Voltia's design process!
1. How did you stumble upon the Red-Winged Blackbird?
The Red-Winged Blackbird is my favourite bird species, and it's always a treat seeing them. Going out to trails and seeing them fly is something to look forward to. Since they are birds associated with springtime, it felt fitting to create a tribute for them.

2. Did you have a specific reference in mind?
I usually just search for images that have good lighting, then pick the one that looks best. Pictures that are clearer usually give the best variations in colours. I don't remember which image I used specifically, but it was one that focused on the detail of the patch on its wing. Even though it's called red-winged, it can look a bit orange depending on the angle, so I wanted to get that part right.

3. Were you expecting this design to be chosen?
Nope! I was pretty surprised to see it in the list of spring themes when the festival opened. I'm glad that this one was chosen since I thought it was the best of what I submitted.

--

Edited By Limor on 8/1/2020 at 12:42 AM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/1/2020 at 12:07 AM Post #13

Written by Limor, edited by Limor

With a return of this article lets wish the users below a happy birthday! These our the Sylestia June babies and here our a few facts about July Babies! Remember let us know if you want your birthday featured!

Birthstones:

Ruby

Reddestiny37 - July 4th

Stormdragon21 - July

Krinadon - "Late Summer"

Edited By Limor on 8/2/2020 at 2:49 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/1/2020 at 12:07 AM Post #14

Written and Edited by Limor

Hello all! For this month's Golden Breeds we'll be taking a look into Goldshinx and her wonderful 6v theme projects!

1. I noticed you have completed a lot of 6v theme projects, what kicked this off?

Well, it was something of a natural progression for me, I guess? I kind of started off doing projects for personal designs, but after my first fest (Spring 2016), I decided I wanted to specifically do themed projects instead. There were a lot of really lovely themes for that fest, and when I played with them in the generator I often really liked them with a certain arrangement of traits, and I wanted to those to exist!

2. Do you do 6v theme projects to sell them or just to have the accomplishment of having the first 6v of that theme?

I mean, I sell them as a side benefit, but I mostly just do them for myself - I wouldn't say there's a lot of gold to be found in just 6v theme projects if they're not max statted, which is why basically all the projects I do now are intended for max statting. Other than the Blazing Fireworks Qitari, I've never actually been first to 6v of a theme. This is because I always breed for specific traits, rather than just rushing for any 6 visibles, so it takes me a little longer than people who just race for the first 6v.

3. What would you suggest to players wanting to get into 6v theme breeding?

Hmm... depends on their motivations! If they want to join the race for "first 6v theme", I'd say don't be too fussy about traits, like I am. You'll need to start as soon as possible.

If you just want to make themes with particular traits, I say don't be shy to make friends with other users! Sometimes people are more willing to set up breeding with their themed pets specifically when they know the other person, as opposed to being contacted by someone they don't know out of the blue, especially with exclusive themes because they lose value after breeding. Having a network of friends is always important, even outside of project-ing so I can only encourage making stronger bonds with other players. Also, the community at large is super lovely!

4. Which of your 6vs are you most proud of?

This is a hard question haha... well, honestly, I'd have to say my Bird of Paradise Strelitzia Sylvorpas top out basically all my other projects, although the Blazing Fireworks Qitari now holds a special place in my heart as the first time I got to 6v of a theme first, similar to my Lilypad Sylvorpas which were my first finished 6 visible project.

But the Bird of Paradise Strelitzias were a really special project for me because I invested a very significant amount of resources into turning that project out exactly the way I wanted it. It was the first time I did a project with an exclusive tagged theme, and the first time I did a project with Restricted Trait Disruptors, and I started before we all kind of cottoned on to using offspring with carries and visibles in the "right" slots for the traits we wanted, so I ended up using twelve Water Dragon Trait Disruptors on my small horde of tagged BoPs and then I didn't even get the M1 tail... I had to organise breedings with another user, at 50k each to get the tail into my gene pool. It was a definite learning experience!

But they turned out so beautifully in the end, and they were the first project I ever max statted. When I came back from my computer issues, I wavered over mana maxing them, but in the end I couldn't bear for them to not be properly maxed after all the love and time and resources I'd already poured into them, so now I've invested a bunch of mana philters into the project too. So, if anyone wants to know why I charge so much for them - this is why. Haha... ^_^;;

5. Anything else?

I'm not really sure what to put here, haha! My project thread can be found here for anyone interested in having a look - I usually have some of the completed 6v babies in the 6vis sales tab of my sales stable, but I can breed any of them on request if I haven't topped them up recently and someone's interested in a variant I don't have out. I'm very friendly, I promise! I'm almost done mana-maxing the BoP vorps, so I'll be setting up a new sales thread soon, which will also include pre-orders for my Night Flower Luffox project, which is in the max statting phase of breeding (and in future, other stat projects as they approach completion).

and once again a big thanks to Gold for letting me interview her for this wonderful edition of Golden Breeds!
Edited By Limor on 8/1/2020 at 12:43 AM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/1/2020 at 12:07 AM Post #15

Written by Limor, edited by Limor

Hello all and welcome to a new section of the times! In this newest section I will be doing my best to show you all new bands - perhaps you'll find some you like!

Now to kick this off we'll be taking a look at Current Joys, one of my absolute favorite bands!

Current Joys is an indie band ran by Nick Rattigan. He is the singer and guitarist - as well as being the sole member. You might know him from his more popular band Surf Curse (which i'm sure i'll include at some point in this new article) He has put out nine albums and EPs, which feature some of the best music i've heard. I would personally describe it as almost ethereal - for example one of my favorite songs - New Flesh just has an otherworldly vibe about it. Other songs such as A Different Age and Home (part 1 and 2) all carry these vibes. His music is just so pretty in my opinion and I think everyone should check him out and give him a listen!

His music is still quite small and "unknown" (as most of the music I plan for this article to be) and I hope to build his fanbase as his music is truly art and he deserves a wider audience!
Edited By Limor on 8/1/2020 at 12:44 AM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/1/2020 at 10:48 PM Post #16
The times is out!
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 8/2/2020 at 5:49 AM Post #17
Another monthly edition is out! Thank you to everyone involved.

If you enjoy reading the Times each month and want to contribute, I believe they are looking for more assistance. I imagine you can contact Limor and see how you can help. =)
Stormdragon21
Level 75
Lady Luck
Threads: 13
Posted: 8/2/2020 at 10:25 AM Post #18
Oh shoot, I didn't realize the birthday page was a thing! My birthday was in July...
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 8/2/2020 at 11:14 AM Post #19
I'd like to not be pinged on this to be honest. It's not something I read.
Starmakemagic
Level 70
High Priest
Threads: 15
Posted: 8/2/2020 at 2:12 PM Post #20
my birthday was yesterday as in august 1st i don't know who to contact to let them know it would be ok to be posted in the birthday page.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.