Players 2,422 378
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,239,928 1,189
Generated 656,151 22
Captured 1,190,346 61
Bred 6,393,337 1,106
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Pet Sharing and Design Discussion > Design Improvement (Need Help)
Page 1 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Swirlspot
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Threads: 64
Posted: 3/31/2020 at 1:06 PM Post #1
Any suggestions for how to improve this design's colors? Here are two versions of it.
(Yes, there are noticeable color differences. Barely noticeable maybe, but still noticeable. It's easier to see on a black background.)

Feel free to suggest any color changes. I really like this design, it just doesn't seem quite perfect yet...
(And please don't troll me with drastic color changes. Lol... Keep the basic green and gold design.)

My main trouble is getting the color shades right. But maybe it would look better if the blue and purple were removed/changed? Idk. I kinda liked having them though.
Migam
Level 74
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 24
Posted: 3/31/2020 at 5:06 PM Post #2
I think the problem is the blue of it eyes and maybe the lot of green.

I think this two are meh haha
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 3/31/2020 at 6:29 PM Post #3
I think that the blue and purple take away from your design since they aren't present anywhere else in the design (and don't seem to complement the other colours you've chosen)

I've tried a couple of things, keeping the same feeling (and many of the same hexes) as your original design:

Eyes changed to a dark gold, flowers changed to a very pale, near white purple, back fur brightened up a little:

Eyes a slightly yellower gold, flowers true white, same brightening of back fur:

Both options above with a pale green tuxedo added in G2:

Same options with a white tuxedo:

Swirlspot
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Posted: 4/7/2020 at 11:24 AM Post #4
I get what you're saying. Although I have a friend who coincidentally made a design with the same traits and a green/gold/white color scheme, which I don't want to copy. But then I got back to what had originally inspired this design, and created another color scheme based on white clover.

What do you think of this?

Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Posted: 4/7/2020 at 4:10 PM Post #5
Hmmm.... Well, I'm finding it difficult making those traits look like that inspiration, that's for sure XD here's my best effort so far:

Darker body with light tuxedo for contrast:

Brighter body because no tuxedo for contrast:
Swirlspot
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Posted: 4/9/2020 at 11:14 AM Post #6
Thanks, but no. I don't have plans to use tuxedo.
As for the colors.
- I think the eye color you chose is too orange.
- The lucky dust color is too pale. It doesn't show up well.

The other colors are ok, but I like my design better. But then again, it is my design, so I'm probably biased. XP

You keep making the lucky runes lighter colors. Do you think that's important/greatly improves the design, or does it just fit better with your colors? I have heard that runes generally look better as bright and glowy colors, but I don't think it's "required" to look good.
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 386
Posted: 4/9/2020 at 11:26 AM Post #7
I've always thought that lucky runes (along with most rune type slot genes) look better as brighter colors but lucky runes in general is just really awkward to work with. You could use darker colors but it doesn't accentuate as well. I noticed your using a clover flower for your ref picture as well~ are you going for white clover or red clover flowers? I need to read better. If you're going for white clover the back is way too purply~ the little smidgeon of color on the white clover looks a bit more orange/red then purple.

If you want to go with a different color for the back, you need something similar to lead you through the rest of the body. The last Vul you posted the purple on the back becomes the focal point. It draws the eye to it but then you don't have anything there to help your eye move through the rest of the design. You could also just stick with a dark back and avoid that problem altogether. Leave it up to the runes to draw the eye along the rest of the design.

Edited By Imperium on 4/9/2020 at 12:00 PM.
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Posted: 4/9/2020 at 4:42 PM Post #8
No worries, I was just seeing what could be done with the design idea you had and your reference picture.

As Imperium noted, the flower in your reference picture has more orange-pink to it than purple-pink, so that's why I went with the more orange eye (so that the orange would come out as the lining on the lucky runes and the sparkles in the lucky dust). I thought it was a pretty good colour match for the bottom of the flower you posted, but different screens will see the colours slightly differently.

I chose the pale colour for the lucky runes to mimic the paler green in the middle of the leaves and give more of a 'white' feeling in the design, since it's very predominantly green at the moment (which evokes the clover leaves just fine, but not the white clover flower really).

Also, I only made the runes lighter in this second go around. IN the original design ideas I posted I left the colour as the bright green you already had it. It just looked brighter because it was surrounded by gold instead of dark blue from the change in the eye colour. I think lucky runes can look alright with darker colours, but I prefer a bright or light eye in that case to brighten up the edge of the gene.

In any case, it is your design ^.^ You have to be happy with it, in the end. I just had fun playing with it to try to give you some options ^.^
Swirlspot
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Posted: 4/24/2020 at 4:50 PM Post #9
Oh, no. The Lucky Runes color that you chose is perfectly fine. I was talking about the Lucky Dust color. The Lucky Dust color is too pale for a white background. It has to be a bit more vibrant. But a pale Lucky Rune color shows up against the dark pet base so it's fine.

Anyway, thank you for your input. I think I might just be too indecisive. Lol
But yes, everyone has different tastes. One design can't please everybody. I just have a hard time choosing favorites.
Theialish
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 60
Posted: 5/4/2020 at 3:45 PM Post #10

Here's what I thought.

Sure, it's kinda drastic. However, it follows the inspiration.

The EC, C2, C3, G2, G3, M2, and M3 were changed. The Petals gene was also added.

What I've noticed is that you are spamming the same HEX throughout the design. That's a big no-no, and pure white should never be used because it's hard to dye to.

Here's what a 6v design could look like. I added Cheetah Spots and Lunamoth Wings, and changed the colors for those two slots.

Adios!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.