Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,114
Posted: 3/20/2020 at 1:04 PM Post #71
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=86918&page=7#61
Author: Aerii
Time Posted: 3/20/2020 at 10:44 AM
It says on the main post "Exclusive Prizes: Only from The Lucky Pot can you win 3-Visible (2-Visible Restricted Themed)" and underneath you can see last years themes available to win. All three are nonrestricted, so that's why I was asking Krin for clarification. Both the lup and puff I won from the Lucky Pot are nonrestricted, so I wanted to make sure if getting a 2vis was a possibility or if something maybe went wrong.

Especially as I see this restricted luff here with 3vis. Which I don't believe should be possible.

It just means to say that the Lucky Pot is the only place where you can win a 3-Vis of the Themed, but not that every pet won from the Lucky Pot will be a 3-Vis. It's just the only feature where you have the opportunity to win a 3-Vis.

As for the Restricted Luffox you linked, yea, that shouldn't have happened. I will take a look and see what's going on. The rewards should either be:

3-Vis (2-Vis Restricted)
2-Vis (1-Vis Restricted)
Aerii
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 94
Posted: 3/20/2020 at 1:32 PM Post #72
Ok, thanks for letting me know. I'm totally fine with either 2 or 3 visible, but the luff really struck me as incorrect. Thanks for the clarification. ^-^
Weaver
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 17
Posted: 3/20/2020 at 2:05 PM Post #73
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=86918&page=7#69
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 3/20/2020 at 12:56 PM
[quote=2048319]

There should be plenty of space between the game controls and the ad. Maybe try using horizontal view on your device or zooming in closer to the game? On my phone, I literally cannot even see the ad banner when I am playing the game.

If it makes any difference, I should have specified that I'm mostly using a tablet rather than a phone, so that my other fingers/sides of my hands are what's touching the ad as they reach over the screen rather than that it's too close for my finger to fit in that space. Turning it horizontally or zooming in helps though I can't see my score progressing as I play without scrolling, which I find fun but I suppose is not essential to playing the game. But in any case, I understand and I'll deal with it. Thanks anyway for the game and all your efforts!

Edit: I don't really see how extra clicking is supposed to be better than scrolling, but that's not really my point. Basically, while ads to support the site are great, if I have to change the way I do things to get around the ad, then it seems intrusively placed and I just don't see why that is necessary. Again, I'll deal, but I just hope it doesn't become the norm. :)
Edited By Weaver on 3/20/2020 at 4:19 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 3/20/2020 at 2:21 PM Post #74
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=86918&page=8#73
Author: Weaver
Time Posted: 3/20/2020 at 2:05 PM
[quote=2048858]

If it makes any difference, I should have specified that I'm mostly using a tablet rather than a phone, so that my other fingers/sides of my hands are what's touching the ad as they reach over the screen rather than that it's too close for my finger to fit in that space. Turning it horizontally or zooming in helps though I can't see my score progressing as I play without scrolling, which I find fun but I suppose is not essential to playing the game. But in any case, I understand and I'll deal with it. Thanks anyway for the game and all your efforts!

Edit: I don't really see how extra clicking is supposed to be better than scrolling, but that's not really my point. Basically, while ads to support the site are great, if I have to change the way I do things to get around the ad, then it seems intrusively placed and I just don't see why that is necessary. Again, I'll deal, but I just hope it doesn't become the norm. :)

You can click 'End Game' instead of 'Play Again't to quickly show your stats on the main panel. And then just click 'Begin Game' from there. It'd add just one extra click and then you can seen your updated stats at will. =)
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 3/20/2020 at 6:04 PM Post #75
will there be any more PaD series this event? Ik personally I was busy with all the things going on rn haha
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 3/20/2020 at 7:21 PM Post #76
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=86918&page=8#75
Author: Limor
Time Posted: 3/20/2020 at 6:04 PM
will there be any more PaD series this event? Ik personally I was busy with all the things going on rn haha

As was asked before, there might, but there is no plan for it at this time.
Squeak
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 2
Posted: 3/22/2020 at 11:27 AM Post #77
I was wondering why every so often the buttons would become unresponsive. I thought it was just lag, because I'd be clicking and nothing was happening. XD But after watching it, it does appear that around every 10 games or so, the game stops working while it's reloading. It's not a huge deal, but it is somewhat annoying/frustrating if you spend a lot of time playing. ^^;
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 3/22/2020 at 7:37 PM Post #78
It is really really laggy in the zone tonight as well as in the mini game.
Squeak
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 2
Posted: 3/24/2020 at 10:44 AM Post #79
This is only a minor issue, but I have noticed that when it's lagging, because the new game and end game buttons are in the same spot as the Higher and Lower buttons, if I'm trying to start a new game, it sometimes ends up clicking the Lower button, even though I haven't actually clicked the Lower button itself. Presumably what's happening is it's acting as if I clicked before the actual button loads in. Sometimes when I click new game it's suddenly halfway through the next game. Part of it I think is that it's hard to tell whether clicks have gone through due to lag, so it's often necessary to click more than once to get something to register. Or sometimes I will click the Higher button and it just ends the game. XD I am not sure how easy it would be to do, but having the end game and new game buttons not be in the same spot as the Higher and Lower buttons would reduce a lot of frustration when it's lagging. It might be too late into this fest to change things now, but because clicks seem to carry through to buttons underneath it would make it a lot smoother if buttons in general didn't have other buttons in the same spot. I noticed this same issue with the auto sort and the old positioning of popup buttons in the inventory before that got changed too. The site would lag, requiring multiple clicks for it to register, and suddenly the button underneath would get clicked despite my not actually having clicked it. XD I don't know if this is the same thing though since there isn't a popup, but it does feel similar.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 3/24/2020 at 4:23 PM Post #80
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=86918&page=8#79
Author: Squeak
Time Posted: 3/24/2020 at 10:44 AM
This is only a minor issue, but I have noticed that when it's lagging, because the new game and end game buttons are in the same spot as the Higher and Lower buttons, if I'm trying to start a new game, it sometimes ends up clicking the Lower button, even though I haven't actually clicked the Lower button itself. Presumably what's happening is it's acting as if I clicked before the actual button loads in. Sometimes when I click new game it's suddenly halfway through the next game. Part of it I think is that it's hard to tell whether clicks have gone through due to lag, so it's often necessary to click more than once to get something to register. Or sometimes I will click the Higher button and it just ends the game. XD I am not sure how easy it would be to do, but having the end game and new game buttons not be in the same spot as the Higher and Lower buttons would reduce a lot of frustration when it's lagging. It might be too late into this fest to change things now, but because clicks seem to carry through to buttons underneath it would make it a lot smoother if buttons in general didn't have other buttons in the same spot. I noticed this same issue with the auto sort and the old positioning of popup buttons in the inventory before that got changed too. The site would lag, requiring multiple clicks for it to register, and suddenly the button underneath would get clicked despite my not actually having clicked it. XD I don't know if this is the same thing though since there isn't a popup, but it does feel similar.

There isn't anyway for a user inputted click to 'carry over' and apply later on once the page changes. If you aren't visibly seeing the buttons, they literally do not even exist at that point. The Begin Game, End Game, and Play Again buttons also use entirely different script functions than the Lower/Tied/Higher buttons, so using one set wouldn't have any effect on the other.

The only exception would be if your browser is lagging the input. But that entirely depends on one's personal device and browser and there could be near infinite issues with that that are largely out of my direct control.

I do have it set up where the button turns gray upon submission, so this tells you that it's received your input and is processing it. So if you see grayed out buttons, there's no action to take and just have to wait for it to process and update the game.

Now, all that aside, I do get what you're generally suggesting and when taken into consideration that you are playing a billion games a day, you wanna go as fast as you feasibly can - so I totally get that. In regards to button placement, it's very tight in there. I tried to design the interface to fit nicely on mobile devices and it just barely does (at least on mine). So I am not sure I have too much room really to space each button out to an entirely unique location without making things too smooshed or too big to fit.

I'll try and take a look and see if I can make any improvements.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.