Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,114
Posted: 2/17/2020 at 8:26 AM Post #201
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=85951&page=20#200
Author: Ajthedragon
Time Posted: 2/17/2020 at 8:04 AM
Hi Krin, sorry to bother you but, the nurture grounds isn't work for me.
I can click on the pet and get the pop-up bit, but when I nurture it, example - read it a book. the buttons grey out and the sight registers that I nurtured it, but the pop-up bit dosnt go away and I have no way of closing it besides refreshing the page, which kills the whole point.
The only thing that I can find being an issue is the fact I'm using explorer? idk, the pop-ups do close if im doing through a pets actual page (if a bit slower then before, but that could be my internet).

(Example of what I mean. The link just takes you to the bigger image so you can see the time stamp clearer.)

Definitely seems like a browser issue. I would suggest making sure you don't have any addons/extensions tampering with the page or your browser being out of date and needs to be updated.

Unfortunately, Internet Explorer is a horrendous browser for developers... for whatever the reason, Microsoft is beyond terrible at optimizing their browser and at keeping their browser up to date with the constant advancements with HTML/CSS/Javascript/etc. And at this point, I'm fairly certain Internet Explorer has now been abandoned by Microsoft in favor of their newer browser, Edge.

All that said, while there is no 'Close' button or icon, you can close the pop up by clicking anywhere in the gray area outside the main pop up window - assuming that isn't specifically what's breaking with your browser.
Edited By Krinadon on 2/17/2020 at 8:26 AM.
Ajthedragon
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 2
Posted: 2/17/2020 at 8:40 AM Post #202
yeah... thought it might be my browser, dam :( clicking on the grey does nothing (nore does 'esc'), have no addons and cleared the cache so... *shrug*. Anyhow, thank you, and sorry for bothering ya.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 2/17/2020 at 9:05 AM Post #203
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=85951&page=21#202
Time Posted: 2/17/2020 at 8:40 AM
yeah... thought it might be my browser, dam :( clicking on the grey does nothing (nore does 'esc'), have no addons and cleared the cache so... *shrug*. Anyhow, thank you, and sorry for bothering ya.

Have you tried using other Browsers? Obviously, I fully understand personal preference plays a massive role in one's decision to use a specific Browser, but I think if you continue to stick with Internet Explorer moving forward, you're going to run into more and more issues (not just with Sylestia, but other sites as well). =\

Straight from Microsoft:

Is Internet Explorer 11 the last version of Internet Explorer?
Yes, Internet Explorer 11 is the last major version of Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer 11 will continue receiving security updates and technical support for the lifecycle of the version of Windows on which it is installed.
Ajthedragon
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/17/2020 at 9:48 AM Post #204
I am, probably gonna move to firefox, but I've got a lot to organize cuz I've used expoloer so long (auto longed in on a lot of things + adjusting to a new interface). At this point im just putting it off untill I really have to XD
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 2/17/2020 at 10:09 AM Post #205
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=85951&page=21#204
Time Posted: 2/17/2020 at 9:48 AM
I am, probably gonna move to firefox, but I've got a lot to organize cuz I've used expoloer so long (auto longed in on a lot of things + adjusting to a new interface). At this point im just putting it off untill I really have to XD

This might be of help to you in the future. =)

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/import-data-another-browser
Ajthedragon
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/17/2020 at 10:38 AM Post #206
OMG that's awesome! I didn't even realize that was a thing, thank you! :D
Migam
Level 74
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 24
Posted: 2/19/2020 at 11:22 AM Post #207
Hey Krin! I'm sure I saw this question before but, "Every 4 nurtures on Hatchlings Adds +1 Maturity" it's for all hatchlings or just for boosted pets?

Thanks ^^
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 2/19/2020 at 11:25 AM Post #208
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=85951&page=21#207
Author: Migam
Time Posted: 2/19/2020 at 11:22 AM
Hey Krin! I'm sure I saw this question before but, "Every 4 nurtures on Hatchlings Adds +1 Maturity" it's for all hatchlings or just for boosted pets?

Thanks ^^

For all Hatchlings.

Nurture Boosting doesn't affect anything at all other than:

1. It puts the pet at the top of the list for eligible Nurture searches in the Nurturing Grounds.
2. It gives every player who Nurtures the Pet a second loot roll on rewards.
Migam
Level 74
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 24
Posted: 2/19/2020 at 11:33 AM Post #209
Oh, I see. Thank you Krin ^^
Lapo
Level 65
The Perfectionist
Threads: 92
Posted: 2/23/2020 at 12:22 PM Post #210
Nice! But I can do ten or more nurtures and then an error pops up. Its very frustrating sometimes.
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=85951&page=1#1
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 2/9/2020 at 7:47 AM
We have released a new and shiny feature: the Nurturing Grounds! While not exactly "new", it is a massive improvement over the existing feature for both players and the server. Thus, I feel it deserves the tag, "new". =P

Visit Nurture Search Page
This link can also be found in the navigation menu under Explore -> Nurturing Grounds
This link can also be found via the Hatchery Page by clicking the button "Help Nurture Sylesties"

The feature is pretty self explanatory. Just simply hit the "Search for Pets" button to load 10 Hatchlings or Egglings to Nurture. The results are pre-ordered and based on your selected criteria. Players can refine their search for the following:

Both Hatchlings and Egglings
Only Hatchlings
Only Egglings

and

All Pets
Only Mine
Only My Friends
Only Players Who Nurtured My Pets Within Last 2 Days
Only Players Currently Online
Only Specific Player

How to Nurture

For Players who are new, never bothered, or just simply need a refresh, Nurturing is very simple. For each Pet, there will be a condition, such as, "This Eggling is Warm". In order to successfully Nurture the Pet, you must choose whatever the best option is that would counteract the Pet's Condition. So if the Pet is "Warm", you should "Cool" it.

For each successful Nurture, the Pet will gain bonuses and you will receive rewards. Egglings will simply gain 1 Hour of Maturity for every 5 successful Nurtures. Whereas Hatchlings will gain a boost to their Stats for every 5 successful Nurtures.

Nurturing Rewards

For every Pet that you successfully Nurture, you will receive 1 Scale from that pet. Scales are a type of currency that can be used in the Scale Shop. They also can be used to now Nurture Boost one of your Pets.

Rarely, Players can also earn either a Regular Essence or an Enhanced Essence for the Species of the Pet Nurtured.

Additionally, certain limited time rewards will be available during Festivals and Events.

Nurture Boosting

For any Eggling or Hatchling that you own, you will now have the option to Nurture Boost it. In order to Nurture Boost a Pet, just visit its profile page and click the button that says, "Nurture Boost". This will open up a prompt where you must select one of the available purchasing options, either 10 Diamonds or 1,000 Scales.

Once Nurture Boosted, that Pet will gain the following benefits:

-It will receive the Expedited Nurture Tag visible to all Players
-It will appear at the top of every Player's eligible Nurture Searches
-Players who Nurture this Pet will receive double the rewards.

Nurturing Via Pet Profiles

Players also will retain the option to Nurture specific individual Pets by simply visiting that Pet's profile page and clicking on the image of the Pet. If the Pet is able to be Nurtured, the same prompt will open up and Players can opt to Nurture it directly there instead of using the Nurture Search Page.

Nurture Failures

If a Player fails to select the proper response for a Pet, the Nurture will fail. The Pet will not receive any bonuses and the Player will not receive any rewards.

Additionally, we have implemented certain anti-bot mechanisms, one of which targets just brute forcing the feature to spam choices with the hopes of a one-in-four chance of being correct. If Players reach a certain amount of failures within a certain amount of Nurtures, they will be penalized and locked out from obtaining any Nurturing rewards for a certain period of time. The more Fail Strikes a player receives concurrently, the longer the lockout time will be. The Fail Strike counters reduce by 1 every 24 hours.

Assuming that you are properly Nurturing and attempting to actually successfully Nurture each Pet, a Player should have no concern of ever triggering one of these Fail Strikes.

The Fail Strikes range from a minimum of 30 Minutes to a maximum of 72 Hours.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.