Forum Index > Player Guides > Snow Wars Guide
Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Jaidi
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 58
Posted: 1/16/2020 at 4:40 AM Post #11
[Unranked] T6 Game Sample 1- Sponsored by Crazy Cat Lady (Catsasrats)

This is one of the Easier AI Lineups because they only have 1 cannon, this means our tower will stay alive and help clear out the pawns/horses later. 1 cannon lineups will always get 1 hit in before they die, tower needs 2 hits to hit. I would recommend always Epic Boosting your towers - I started off with basic to mess around with the idea because I wasn't sure at the time. Had too many legendary, epic, basic tower cards and wanted to make use of it. Even if it's a game where my tower dies, it's okay- because the games it stays alive on are well worth it. if you look at tower cards, it's mostly damage boost- towers can do insane damage. Starting off, I've labelled units with numbers- For Example, the bottom horse is 1, middle is 3, upper is 2. This means Bottom horse moves first, upper 2nd, middle 3rd. Don't forget about these indicators - it's what allowed me to avoid 50+ SSs and instead down to 16 SSs (screenshots).

Straight forward. focus the cannon down asap and start thinking about which horses will flee when - sometimes sacrificing a horse just so we can prioritize hits on AI horses with our pawns. (pawns do more damage to horses so it's the biggest defense against a horse with my playstyle)

Looks like their upper pawn moved up, we're going to finish off the cannon and keep an eye on the frostbite tracker throughout the game because it helps plan out unit kills sometimes.

After we made our 3 atks on the cannon last SS, their pawn hit our Epic boosted Horse- that's good because it's the tankiest we have. we'll finish off the cannon soon as possible and start turtling with our horses (running away) as much as possible while maximizing our pawn atks on their horses. Sometimes it's worth taking damage on our horses in exchange for hits on their horse. So we're going to hit their horse on the bottom side because it's a legendary horse vs basic boosted pawn. That horse is more worrisome than the one at top because our top pawn is epic boosted. Knowing how well your units can handle themselves is very important. you would need 2-3 unboosted pawns to kill a legendary horse, an unboosted pawn can win a 1v1 against an epic horse. The basic boost pawn here could potentially do it if the legendary horse decides to make some hits against the basic boosted horse over there. but in case our pawn dies before legendary horse dies, we're going to later move that basic boosted horse to a safer spot (away from pawn) to help tank horse and use cannon to finish off legendary horse if we have to/is an option. Don't forget to look at which units did what- I have labelled them with numbers indicating whose turn it was, so basic boost horse hit cannon first, and I ran away with upper unboosted horse because I knew the epic boosted horse can finish the cannon for us - it being epic was a good option at the time because it can tank the pawn better than the other 2 horses can. Also, if our unboosted horse had been the one getting hit by the pawn, I would've sacrificed it while the epic horse probably would've made it out without a scratch. Planning a few turns helps, - in this situation, I thought it was a good idea to run with the unboosted horse while getting a hit in on their legendary horse at the bottom since the middle and lower horse were on cooldown. If I had used the upper horse to hit the cannon, there's a chance it would've taken dmg from pawn later or caused me to decide between using a pawn to hit their horse or sacrificing the horse- so this kept it nice and healthy for later and I wouldn't have to worry about their 2 cooldowns conflicting with each other.

After previous ss ended, their pawn hit our epic horse- that's fine as it's a boosted horse and can handle it self long enough. We start atking their horses with our pawns while trying to find a good time to flee with our horses. Priority is kill cannons, then start focusing horses while escaping with horse- sometimes I'll sacrifice a horse just so I can focus their horses properly due to unit cooldowns.

Continue focusing whichever horse we can with our pawns- we found a good time to escape on basic boosted horse because everything else was on cooldown. We could've used our cannon to get some damage on the horse at the cost of taking dmg on the horse from that pawn there but I think it's better to have the horse alive healthy for later because it will tank the legendary horse for us later if our pawn dies.

So the next few SS will be about optimizing which units we use on what. Here we managed to have one of their pawns near our towers. How did this happen? because I kept running away with my horse and AI pawns love chasing horses - so it chased the epic horse. Since there are no AI horses near our tower, we'll continue focusing on horses with our pawns even more because they're both going to be off cooldown- we want to keep hitting horses as much as possible with our pawns because pawns do more damage to horse - it's very important for us to clear those horses out.

This was a tough decision, this is a lesson SS. We're not making a move till next SS. We could either use our tower to start dealing dmg to the pawn or hit their horse with our cannon. If we hit horse with cannon, horse will die faster - because the main worry there is, What if our pawn dies before legendary horse doesn't? - I think it'll be okay because we have a horse there to keep it distracted incase our pawn does die. The other choice is- do we hit the pawn with our tower? It's important because it could potentially cause trouble later if the legendary horse up there doesn't die. I decided to use the tower because tower hits should really be used as often as possible because of the insane damage they do and I figured even if our bottom pawn and horse died without killing the horse, we would still be able to make an escape by moving our cannon on the upper side of fort, behind epic pawn.

So, we're going to make sure we use every pawn atk on the horses, again. and tower atks on pawn. based on how the game goes, we'll either escape on our cannon or use it to help kill bottom horse.

Tower is putting in the damage the last couple of SS- legendary pawn is almost gone, and our pawns are doing an amazing job of dealing with the horse. One thing to note is our epic horse died - it was also a good distraction because it forced AI's pawn to hit the horse instead of our pawn, if our epic pawn was the only thing there, the legendary pawn would've been hittng our pawn - having that distaction helped us keep our epic pawn alive long enough to do its job of clearing the legendary horse too. If I really had to, I would've sacrificed the unboosted horse as a distaction too.

Frostbite is coming~ prepare for some low hp bar rips lol - we're going to use our epic pawn to get 1 last hit in on the horse up there since it's alive and has a turn^ If I ever have a unit with low hp and has no cooldown, it's always nice to make use of it because it'll either die to AI units or frostbite :)

I'm going to move the horse to hopefully distract their pawn from hurting my tower and if my 1bar hp pawn stays alive long enough- I don't see why it wouldn't as frostbite ended recently- it will help deal some damage to the ai legndary pawn. So, we move horse to a spot to distract pawn turns, their pawn walks up since its off cooldown and there's nothing else - no horse no cannons. We use our tower to kill upper pawn even if it's low hp - frostbite ended, so we cannot depend on pawn dying to it now- so we use tower to clear it asap- again, we don't want to risk pawns hitting our tower for as long as possible because it will be providing a decent amount of damage.

Priority in hitting pawns for maximum damage- Tower, Cannon, maybe a horse if it low enough hp that it would die next turn and same with pawn.

Our Tower, horse, pawn died, but their pawn is 1 hit away from dying. We did our best to distact the pawn long enough for our tower and cannon to decrease the pawn's hp and it worked out very well.

If we really had to, we would've used that unboosted horse as a distraction for our cannon to hurt the pawn.

Horse dies to frostbite and we end the game. I had to skip some turns because the horse was causing my cannon to have 1 turn cooldown- sometimes I would've sacrifice a unit in this situation so cannon has no cooldowns and avoid frostbite as much as possible on the cannon- especially if it had low hp. In a nutshell, this game sample showcases when the AI has 1 cannon, we're able to kill it before it gets its 2nd hit in. Through the right decisions, turtling (running away at the right time) with horses, and maximizing our pawn's hits on AI horses, we were able to clear out their horses so our cannon could roam free if we had to do a fort for fort rush. Knowing this lineup so well, I knew I wouldn't need to do a fort rush because I would've most likely destroyed all their units. Having a legendary pawn or a legendary horse or epic/legendary tower...legendary cannon... would've made it the match much easier. This is the boost lineup I played from 3k-3157, after 3157 I was gaining 4 rating so I wanted to be safe and sure so I decided to start using legendary cards from 3157-3201 (instead of doing fort rushes I destroyed all their units because of all the legendary boosts I was using)- Games have become tougher past 3.2k even with using legendaries. Most of the AI lineups are easy to deal with using som's lineup because the advantages outweight the weaknesses. The only games where I struggled so far was when AI had 3 horses, 2 cannons- it finished off my tower and 3 horses were dangerous to deal with without a tower (I had decent amounts of legendary boosts that game).... the odds of AI having more than 2 horses are very slim using this lineup. AI tends to make a lineup based on what your lineup is. We play with the tower because it causes cannons to rush our tower, allowing us to finish off the cannons without too much trouble. Never seen AI with 4 horse 2cannons against this lineup, but that could be troublesome if I don't have enough boosts activated. It would have to be a fort for fort rush scenario.
Edited By Jaidi on 1/19/2020 at 7:31 AM.
Jaidi
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 1/16/2020 at 8:04 AM Post #12
reserved
Edited By Jaidi on 1/19/2020 at 7:32 AM.
Jaidi
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 1/16/2020 at 8:04 AM Post #13
reserved
Jaidi
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 1/16/2020 at 8:04 AM Post #14
reserved
Jaidi
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 1/16/2020 at 8:04 AM Post #15
reserved
Jaidi
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 1/16/2020 at 8:04 AM Post #16
reserved
Jaidi
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 1/16/2020 at 8:04 AM Post #17
reserved
Jaidi
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 1/16/2020 at 8:04 AM Post #18
reserved
Jaidi
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 1/16/2020 at 10:05 AM Post #19
reserved
Jaidi
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 1/16/2020 at 10:05 AM Post #20
reserved
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.