Players 2,437 399
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,235,311 1,122
Generated 656,000 45
Captured 1,189,917 95
Bred 6,389,302 982
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > Sylestia's 7th Anniversary!
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 12/17/2019 at 6:09 PM Post #1
Today marks 7 whole years since Sylestia was first released; all the way back in 2012! It is still crazy to believe that it has been a whole 7 years so far and that we have many players who have been here for the majority of our existence - some have literally been here since day 1!

We have witnessed players finishing grade school, go on to college, graduate college, get married, have children, and accomplish just an array of other various life goals. It has been an amazing thing to witness and has truly made Sylestia feel like one, giant, international family - much more than just simply a virtual world.

In regards to our virtual world, we still have a very long way to go in regards to what our ultimate vision is for Sylestia. But looking back, it is amazing to see just how much things have grown and evolved over time. As we move closer to our eventual end of Beta phase and transition into what we would consider to be a full-fledged polished experience, we still continue to add many new things to the game and revamp others into something much better. We continue to expand upon each of our Events and Festivals in an attempt to make them more unique and exciting as they roll around year after year, such as adding the Shared Garden in the Spring Festival, the Sylestian Service in the Patriotic Event, and the Maws of Madness with this year's Fall Festival.

In other areas, we have seen the release of the Forgotten Caverns in the Lost Grove amongst other various Lost Grove changes and improvements. We have made a plethora of behind-the-scenes improvements to a lot of core code throughout the year as we continue to move towards a seamless website that offers high quality features across the board. We completely revamped our entire Avatar and Wardrobe system with some much needed improvements.

In total, Sylestia has seen over 23,000 players log in within the past year. We have had another 800,000 new pets join our wonderful world. We have added an additional 500+ Avatar Items and 51 new Pet Traits into the game.

Moving forward, our main goal for 2020 is to finally start the push towards re-launching Sylestia. While the definition of "re-launch" has continued to evolve over the years as we adjust to various environmental variables, it basically just means putting on a fresh face to what we already have. Since I'm sure it will be one of the first questions asked lol... No, you will not lose your accounts; you will not lose your items; you will not lose your pets. You will retain all of your assets. While some assets will surely change or be adjusted to fit the new features/content, you will be compensated appropriately if such changes occur.

What we are wanting to do to "re-launch" and finally leave our Beta tag behind is the following:

-Completely re-vamp our Exploration system from scratch to one, final, shared version for all. No more mix and match from region to region.

-Completely overhaul Breeding and Hatchery interfaces.

-Add additional support and features for the Pet Economy.

-Bring any other 'old' styled page (such as Pet Profiles, Player Profiles, Private Messaging, Trade Broker, etc) up to the 'new' styled pages so that everything is synced together.

Reaching the above major goals would basically be the point where we would have a re-launch celebration and we'd leave the Beta tag behind for good. It is our goal for 2020 to begin tackling the above major milestones and see if we can reach them all by the end of the year.

While all of the above is going on, we will continue to be doing our Events and Festivals with as much care and attention as we can offer. We will also be looking to do some various other feature additions - some of which we have already announced, such as the Advancement Point Shop.

All in all, the main point is that while we may now be 7 years old, we are still chugging along as fast as ever with still a ton of ideas for new content, new features, and a mass array of improvements to our wonderful virtual world that so many of you have joined us in. =)

We hope to see you around in another year and we can't wait to see how much Sylestia changes between now and then!

Happy Anniversay, all!
Edited By Krinadon on 12/17/2019 at 6:12 PM.
Captharleyc
Level 75
Champion
Threads: 5
Posted: 12/17/2019 at 6:10 PM Post #2
Yeah!!!
MistressNyx
Level 75
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 121
Posted: 12/17/2019 at 6:10 PM Post #3
Happy Anniversary, everyone! Seven years already...

This community truly is an amazingly supportive and dynamic group, and I feel as though I've made some really good friends on here, just as much so as in my offline life.

So here's to another seven!
Edited By MistressNyx on 12/17/2019 at 6:11 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 12/17/2019 at 6:10 PM Post #4
Happy anniversy Krin! I love this game and youve done a wonderful job
Valligator
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 5
Posted: 12/17/2019 at 6:13 PM Post #5
Happy Anniversary!! Thank you as always for all your work and such a great experience.
Serenitea
Level 51
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 70
Posted: 12/17/2019 at 6:14 PM Post #6
Happy 7th anniversary Krin! I haven't been here very long, but I love the community here, and don't intend to stop playing possibly ever!! ^^
Nightfeathers
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 56
Posted: 12/17/2019 at 6:16 PM Post #7
Happy Anniversary! :D
Winterbread
Level 75
Premier Ice Carver
Threads: 20
Posted: 12/17/2019 at 6:16 PM Post #8
I can't believe it's already the 7th anniversary! I've been here since the 2nd and it honestly doesn't feel like it's been that long of a time. I can't wait to see what else is to come of Sylestia over the years (as so much has already changed since I first started playing). Time sure does move fast, lol.
Grar
Level 71
The Tender
Threads: 7
Posted: 12/17/2019 at 6:16 PM Post #9
I've only been here a couple years, but I'm thrilled to be apart of the community!
I love seeing the game grow and develop, and look forward to seeing where we go in the future :)
Happy 7th Anniversary!
Reneerenee16
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 127
Posted: 12/17/2019 at 6:17 PM Post #10
Thank you for making such an amazing game! It has impacted my life so much, and is now one of my best ways to just relax! Can't wait to see how far this game will continue to go moving forward!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.