Players 2,422 378
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,239,928 1,189
Generated 656,151 22
Captured 1,190,346 61
Bred 6,393,337 1,106
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2019 Winter Festival - Gingerbread House
Page 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Falkinsey
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 20
Posted: 1/4/2020 at 9:03 AM Post #41
I've never made a gingerbread house before; it sounded like fun :)

I decided to make the gingerbread myself and to design my own house. I chose a Tudor style house because that is my absolute favourite style of architecture. I actually live in an apartment called Mediaeval Flat, which dates from the end of the Tudor period.

Gathered together the ingredients:

The recipe was not kidding when it said it would be sticky!

Ground floor assembled - decorating in progress.

Top floor on and some more decoration added. Forgot to put my name down but it's there in the background!

Almost there! Now it has a roof and the start of a garden.

And a side view - everything is edible except for the icing-covered board it is standing on.

And completed, including a small garden.

Edited By Falkinsey on 1/18/2020 at 8:35 AM.
Poky
Level 60
Gingerbread Architect
Threads: 0
Posted: 1/4/2020 at 12:16 PM Post #42
My first Gingerbread house..
had a few accidents, but it came out okay in the end I think :)

Fantasizing
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 15
Posted: 1/6/2020 at 6:35 PM Post #43
Man, there are so many pretty and cute gingerbread houses this year!! Amazing jobs everyone <3!

Now I present to you, the Astronomer's Island

*wip cuz there are many many pictures and I havent uploaded em all yet*
At first I was very ambitious, because I wanted to make a gingerbread castle to try out some ideas for structures I wanted to include! But I couldn't get the design to look very nice and realized we'd acually have to eat all that before it went bad too, haha. While looking for design inspiration I remembered visiting the astronomical clock in Prague, and so the idea for the astronomer's island was born!

Lots of design work before starting. These two towers were my main inspirations :>

Our dear cat was a... great help.

I made the cakes - which were the basis for the island and building - first, so I could make the gingerbread parts fit onto them :) Two cakes in one pan for maximum efficiency lol~ The light cake is vanilla, the dark one chocolate. Simple, but classics for a reason.

I didn't actually make gingerbread, but speculaas, which is a dutch cookie that's very similar! I added a little ginger juice so it would be less brittle and have a ginger-y taste though, which turned out to taste great ^^ Unfortunately, the little telescope didn't make it through the oven because it fell over, so that's missing from here on... rip :'(

Aaand then of course you gotta build. With loads and loads of buttercream. And of course decorating with marzipan, not fondant, because it's simply superior P: I wrapped the cake before building with it to keep those corners neat and crisp! First the island with some sylvorpas swimming around in the water, and then stacking the buildings on top.

I painted the marzipan using sugar water with food coloring, especially fun to give the "water" some depth :) And I just love that glitter icing, finally a reason to use it!!

And here it is in its entirety, with some closeup shots Shoutout to my mom for holding that tablecloth up :p

Thanks for reading and I hope you like my gingerbread house! :> I had a lot of fun making it, especially since it had been some time since I last decorated a cake! And of course also a lot of fun eating it, it lasted us almost a whole week haha
Edited By Fantasizing on 1/19/2020 at 6:05 PM.
Dragoil
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Artist
Threads: 172
Posted: 1/7/2020 at 1:38 AM Post #44
Qitari Carousel

So calling my entry a house is veeeery generous, I had the Idea of this one before xmas with my girls and they have been dying to see me make it. I wanted to do more sylesti themed decorations to it but well I had catastrophe after catastrophe while making this, from ovens blowing up to running out of dough/icing.. yeah its been a long arduous haul.. But its STANDS!!! and teh qits do too, all made from food except the mirrors, had to use tinfoil for that :P

1. Home made design and from scratch dough

2. Baking.. er this was some trial an error this year, oven broke on me.

3. Decorating! Yeah I have a couple fat qits (cough selene calls the orange one chungus XD)

4. close up of centre support with mirror windows.

5.Top being placed and supported, this part kept falling apart on me till I whipped out the alcohol bottles.. don't judge, there perfect weight.

6.Added pols and ponies! Its staying up!!!

7. All done, gumdrop gate and icicle details added.. and a few mint chocolate persents also added.. and sampled.

Top detail

Last image link, little video of it spinning XD Yes it spins!
Edited By Dragoil on 1/8/2020 at 1:56 AM.
Starline
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 97
Posted: 1/8/2020 at 9:37 AM Post #45
that is beautifiul
Dragoil
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Artist
Threads: 172
Posted: 1/8/2020 at 7:46 PM Post #46
Awe! TY :) it is very tasty art XD
Nyx0913
Level 63
The Perfectionist
Threads: 64
Posted: 1/10/2020 at 12:34 AM Post #47
Heres my submission!! Ive never done a ginger bread house before so dont be too harsh when criticizing xD

My inspiration is UP, the movie
1st attempt:

Made the dough and rolled it out - I ended up spending so much time doing the calculations for each piece :P

Made the Balloons with Royal icing:

Failed miserably so changed to hot glue

Started building with royal icing

It didnt dry quick enough soooo after a lot of thinking, I decided to use a new glue - literal hot glue XD

It worked out too!! ( I used regular icing for some decorations)

More decor:

And Done!!
Aspenanimations
Level 72
Trickster
Threads: 90
Posted: 1/11/2020 at 8:24 PM Post #48
heres my entry! i know its really plain compared to basically everyone else's but ehh..

the house and the decorations

some icicles and decorated gingerbread men

the finished house! (the one in the background is my brothers lol)
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 202
Posted: 1/13/2020 at 11:29 PM Post #49
Rules

1. Your Gingerbread House must be built by using any type of food. You are not required to use gingerbread. You are free to use crackers, other types of bread, chocolate, candy, etc. However, you must use real food in this contest! The small use of non food items (like toothpicks) are allowed to improve the structural integrity of your submission. They must be used sparingly though and it must be obvious that your submission consists of actual edible materials.

you say in your pics that you used hot glue to create your balloons and to hold the house together? This kind of defeats the purpose of it all being made with food if you can use crafting supplies to make it. Or can you eat the "hot glue" you used? cause hot glue in Australia is pretty toxic
Edited By Kaita on 1/13/2020 at 11:31 PM.
Nyx0913
Level 63
The Perfectionist
Threads: 64
Posted: 1/14/2020 at 7:10 AM Post #50
Well, it never explicitly says that I cant use it- it says that I can use some amounts of non-foods but the majority of the ginger bread house is food, so I think it still qualifies
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.