Players 2,452 392
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,228,646 2,794
Generated 655,694 133
Captured 1,189,397 186
Bred 6,383,463 2,475
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2019 Winter Festival - Gingerbread House
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 12/15/2019 at 10:23 AM Post #1
Build a Gingerbread House

The object of this contest is to build a real life Gingerbread House using edible materials! This is not a digital contest, so no digital entries. You can't eat pixels.

Rules

1. Your Gingerbread House must be built by using any type of food. You are not required to use gingerbread. You are free to use crackers, other types of bread, chocolate, candy, etc. However, you must use real food in this contest! The small use of non food items (like toothpicks) are allowed to improve the structural integrity of your submission. They must be used sparingly though and it must be obvious that your submission consists of actual edible materials.

2. When building your Gingerbread House, you must take at least 3 pictures of the process with your Username and "2019 Winter Festival" physically visible. Here is a link to last year's contest for reference:

2018 Winter Festival - Build a Gingerbread House

3. When you are finished with your entry, come back to this thread and post it here.

A Player Guide on How to Upload Images

4. You must create your entry on your own! You cannot have someone else build your Gingerbread House for you, although having some assistance is perfectly fine and reasonable. All submissions must also be brand new; you cannot use previous submissions. Lastly, please try and come up with your own unique designs. Obviously, using a kit is okay to do and those will probably be similar because kits are generally universal. What I am referring to would be copying someone else's previous design from a past contest and redoing it as your own, as some of you have come up with some pretty awesome unique designs in the past.

If you have never created a Gingerbread House before, here are some handy tutorials to get you started:

Link 1 (Offsite)
Link 2 (Offsite)

5. Please do not reserve posts. Only post when you are ready to submit an entry. If your entry is still ongoing, you may post early with the progress that you currently have and edit your post as you finish.

6. Please do not ping me unless you have a specific question or concern that I need to address. Thank you.

7. The due date for submitting your entry is by the end of the Winter Festival. Please refer to the eventual Overview thread for this final date. Please note, this contest is being posted early, so no Overview thread is available yet.

Prizes

All submissions will be judged by Krinadon and Faiona. We will announce winners for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Everyone who submits a valid entry will be awarded nice participation prizes including the Title: Gingerbread Architect.

Above all else, have fun! These contests are just meant to be fun. =)
Amberfur
Level 70
Guardian
Threads: 91
Posted: 12/15/2019 at 11:15 AM Post #2
Heres my entry-
I made it last week so I wrote the date in stead of Winter Festival, so hopefully thats fine but if its not, please let me know and Ill take it down~
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 12/15/2019 at 12:07 PM Post #3
That's fine :)
Yamato
Level 65
The Artistic
Threads: 68
Posted: 12/15/2019 at 12:10 PM Post #4

Made this a few weeks back. Didn't know I had to include the year of the competition, but I did it this year, as my username is kinda proof because I didn't have it last year. Due to lack of supplies, it's not much.
Edited By Colress on 12/15/2019 at 12:12 PM.
Nixiheart
Level 62
Gingerbread Architect
Threads: 0
Posted: 12/15/2019 at 2:43 PM Post #5
getting my ingredients ready :D

first constructions

roof add

door and chimney

snow start and decor

finished!

ingredients:
waffles
peanut butter
ramen noodle
popcorn
mint xmas twinkie
icing
cheerios
oatmeal
colored sugar
sprinkles
Edited By Nixiheart on 12/15/2019 at 3:40 PM.
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 202
Posted: 12/15/2019 at 4:23 PM Post #6
Ok first step, Create the "globe" part of my snowglobe. It is sugar, water and glucose syrup poured over a balloon filled with water to create what looks like glass

First attempt tipped when i poured the sugar mixture and exploded xD

oops

Next attempt i doubled my mixture and put the water balloon in a more stable bowl to hold it

That looks better :D

ahhaaa look how amazing that looks

Next to make my chocolate house. I used a block kitkat and 4 lindt bars for the base and walls/roof.

Chocolate broke when i tried to cut it xD im still pretty happy with how it ended tbh

House in the globe <3

Next i made a chocolate brownie cake for the base of the globe.

mmmmmm brownies

ack you cow <.< it got stuck so i needed to cut it into strips and make it look like a cake xD i swear im good at baking, this normally doesnt happen ok

House on the brownie Cake

with the globe on top

Dusted with snow <.< or is that powdered sugar? xD no comment

This is my snowglobe house :D not as good as i saw in my head but few things are tbh xD

This was the one in my head xD i think it still looks good
Edited By Kaita on 12/21/2019 at 4:33 AM.
Aspenanimations
Level 72
Trickster
Threads: 90
Posted: 12/15/2019 at 6:16 PM Post #7
do we have to put our user in every picture? or can we just put it in the last one??
cause my mom dosent know i play this and i dont want to get banned cause she likes to help with the houses and the final picture i can sneek later
Nyx0913
Level 63
The Perfectionist
Threads: 64
Posted: 12/15/2019 at 6:52 PM Post #8
Pinging myself as a reminder!
Infinite08
Level 21
Threads: 5
Posted: 12/15/2019 at 10:51 PM Post #9
Self ping
Bvarky
Level 70
Snow Wars Combatant
Threads: 5
Posted: 12/16/2019 at 8:52 AM Post #10
Self Ping!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.