Players 2,533 428
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,930 810
Generated 653,745 96
Captured 1,186,876 59
Bred 6,365,217 655
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Battle Discussion > LG Help?
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Grar
Level 71
The Tender
Threads: 7
Posted: 12/3/2019 at 7:58 PM Post #1
So I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong.
When the Lost Grove first came out, I got really frustrated and more or less stopped playing for a good while due to the difficulty spike. I tried to get around the fact that the enemies were 5 levels higher than my (max stat) party by levelling via missions so we'd be on an even playing field. But that wound up messing me up in the long run because I think the enemies scaled up more, AND I didn't have any skill training.

Flash forward to now. I got back into the game after deciding I could still do the fest zone stuff with a new party that was below level 60 (it worked!). And as of maybe two weeks ago, I decided to take another shot at LG.

Trained up a new party of max stats (Un-named, Iaria, and Pleiades - first 3 pets in my stable currently), really thought out my proficiency, and splurged on as much properly attuned vinethorn gear as I could afford, just to hopefully get me through.

But I'm still stuck.

I don't have nearly enough potions to stay alive in battles against more than 1 or 2 enemies, and the 10 turn revive cooldown is killer (and imo, kind of unfair... you can't even heal during that time :/)

Obviously it's hard for anyone else to see what I'm doing wrong, as they can't watch me when I battle. But I have no idea, I'm getting frustrated again and what was meant to be a fun challenge has just been incredibly frustrating.

Sorry for the wall of text
tl;dr Fully party of max stat pets with vinethorn gear are still getting wiped in LG, what do
Faeyla
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 36
Posted: 12/4/2019 at 5:29 PM Post #2
At level 60, LG is painful. That said, I would highly recommend having one pet set to light. I never used light until LG and while there are players who do not use light, it is way more challenging if you do not have a healer. I know when I first started I had to stay close to the exit, so I could run out and use my regular potions. I hate using items in LG especially with the cooldown times as well as the costs and I have a ton of regular items due to missions. The bosses were a no go for awhile, so sometimes I would just exit the zone since I did not care if the bosses reset.

I started with shadow(tank), wind, and light and did okay. Now I run with water as my tank and I like it much better. I can not speak to earth as a tank. Every time I have tried it, I have hated it (constantly having to throw healing items), but a lot of people swear by it. You may want to try shadow or water and see if they work better for your play style. Or maybe speak to those who do use earth as a tank.

Ranking up the abilities is a must and it is painful in the beginning. Once I got my light pet up to rank 3, it was amazing how much smoother things went.

Hope that helps a little.
Grar
Level 71
The Tender
Posted: 12/4/2019 at 6:52 PM Post #3
I really appreciate the reply!

Actually up until this party, I have always used a light tank, but I got recommended to try earth this time around. May go back to light since switching is easy enough.

Your initial statement of LG being a pain at level 60 gives me hope that it'll get easier as I level, which I sincerely hope is the case! I definitely think I'll try staying closer to the top of the zone so I can leave to use my own hoards of potions from missions, and try being more patient in general while I grind

Thank you again!
Nightfeathers
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 56
Posted: 12/4/2019 at 11:26 PM Post #4
I am not very good at battling, but once my pets got to level 70 the regular LG enemies are easy now. And I died SO MANY times before they made it that high, so it's not just you. It does get easier once you level. The bosses are still hard but the rest I can make a run through all at once now which is nice. My primary team is in my second stable, Lucina, Koraya, and Summer if you want to have a look. They all use vinethorn armor.
Grar
Level 71
The Tender
Posted: 12/5/2019 at 6:19 PM Post #5
Thank you! I appreciate the reply! :)
I'm super glad it'll get easier, even if I have to suffer for a bit before I get to that point :P
Fresh
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 70
Posted: 12/12/2019 at 8:13 PM Post #6
As of right now you don't have a healer so a Light attuned pet will probably make a big difference.
Edited By Fresh on 12/12/2019 at 8:13 PM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 12/16/2019 at 9:19 PM Post #7
It also gets a lot easier over time if you stick with a team to raise their attack ranks (though that can take AGES, yeesh)

And yeah, early in LG sure is painful (or jsut bringing a team with no attack ranks in after you've been using a fully ranked team to start ranking the new team, since it's a really jarring difference)
If you get to it, I'd also suggest holding off on fighting the grove behemoth for a while when you get to that Stage (stage 6? 7? something like that), as beating it permanently ups the level of the enemies- better to get lots of grinding done before that!
Edited By Scathreoite on 12/16/2019 at 9:20 PM.
Grar
Level 71
The Tender
Posted: 12/17/2019 at 2:41 PM Post #8
Yikes, thanks for the heads up on the Behemoth! Now that I'm finished with my exams I'll have plenty of time to grind :)
Grar
Level 71
The Tender
Posted: 12/17/2019 at 2:42 PM Post #9
I've actually used a light pet (albeit as a tank) for the entire time I've been on Sylestia, but was recently told to try an Earth tank as they do a better job keeping aggro. Would you suggest switching out my Shadow mage to a Light one?
Fresh
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 70
Posted: 12/17/2019 at 10:36 PM Post #10
I struggled a little at first with the Lost Grove but once I added a Light to my team it went so much smoother. Their Beam and Fairy Light attacks do damage and heal your party at the same time, it's not a huge amount but a steady increase to your party's health every turn helps. They also have a straight single heal ability at level 65 as well as a group heals/buffs at level 70 and 75.

I'm not sure what the "best" team is, but my Earth tank/Light/various DPS team has done me well through level 70. This is my light healer if you want to take a look: https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=3764488

Edited to actually answer your question! :D
I would try switching out the Shadow Mage for a Light. Shadow is more of a self-healing tank if I remember correctly, where the Light element is made for damage/party healing.
Edited By Fresh on 12/17/2019 at 11:13 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.