Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Sylestia as a Whole
Page 2 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 12/3/2019 at 12:21 PM Post #11
There is absolutely no reason to fear being banned to go to Krin or Fai regarding concerns for the site. How did anyone worry about that? If you see someone who you think is breaking a rule it doesn't hurt to send Krin a message. If you see a couple accounts that look suspiciously like the same person you can also message Krin. He can check. A lot of times it's also better to try to not get into it with a person harassing except for perhaps a polite response back explaining the harassment rule but then privately message Krin to notify him of the incident. I've been here since 2012 and drama seems to come and go like the tides. Of course it's a concern with people harassing others over releasing but I'm very certain that you don't have to fear contacting Krin if you're being harassed. You will not be banned.

Regarding player mods, I do think it's something that's been necessary for years. We do have the ability to contact Krin if we see something wrong in the forums but it would be helpful to have some core players who can be trusted with modding tasks. I think I remember a concern regarding it from the admins was a fear of showing favoritism towards certain players. I can't remember for sure but I think that was it. Anyway, I've thought of a solution regarding that. The mod would have a separate account that they do their modding work from and they would maintain anonymity. The mod account could have restrictions on it so they can't just use it as a complete second account.
Harajuko
Level 75
The Tender
Threads: 8
Posted: 12/3/2019 at 12:42 PM Post #12
The mod account is a great idea!
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 12/3/2019 at 2:33 PM Post #13
As always, I appreciate the feedback. However, in regards to a large portion of what Limor said, I politely disagree.

I'd like to point out that some of the points made were from responses/events/posts from almost 2 years ago. However, the emphasis of the post is moreso about the situation of Sylestia in the present. I do not see how something from 2 years ago directly applies to an active event currently happening lol.

Additionally, it also seems like quite a few of the examples were kind of cherry picked to try and fit the point being addressed without really providing substantial references to really understand what the example was directed at.

Onto some of the points being made, such as:

"Even more serious rules such as art theft are tolerated by the admins"

"many players have to deal with {harassment} and is (Once again) up to them to deal with"

"Players are worried to come too you with fault for the site, in worry of getting banned"

"Player/Admin communication is not taken into awareness as much as it used to be"

"With all of the above changes need to be made before the site runs itself into the ground with drama and ingame fighting between players"

I completely and entirely disagree with all of the above points.

Art Theft is absolutely never tolerated or accepted. It never has been. It never will be. If someone is having their art being used/stolen by another player within Sylestia, tell me and I will resolve the issue.

Harassment is absolutely never tolerated or accepted. Again, if someone sees harassment or is feeling harassed, send me a PM and I will attempt to resolve the issue between those involved.

For the third one, huh? Nobody in 7 years has been banned because they asked me or Fai a question. I don't really understand what the motivation of this point is.

In regards to player/admin communication - I spend an average of ~8-12 hours of every single day connected to Sylestia. This includes keeping both Region Chat and General Chat on a secondary monitor 24/7 that I passively read virtually all throughout my waking hours.

In addition, I constantly am checking both the Forums, my Private Messages, and our Email Support and responding promptly to any issues, concerns, reports, questions, random topics, etc.

I am always willing to discuss any issue with any player. I give everyone proper care and time to address whatever issue they have no matter how big or small.

I'm sorry, but I find it ludicrous to attempt to say that player/admin communication is in decline. It takes both a player and an admin to have communication. If a player has an issue/concern/question and they contact me, they will 100% get a response.

I honestly am not really sure where all the excessive drama/fighting/toxicity is at because I'm not seeing it. Is there some drama, fighting, and toxicity? Of course. Sylestia is over 2,000 people at any given time from around the world sharing a tiny space on the internet. Of course there will be disagreements. Find me one community that doesn't lol.

That said, we have ALWAYS had a ZERO tolerance policy for such. However, we can't be everywhere on the site 24/7. If there is an issue, simply tell us and we will investigate and deal with it. I absolutely never ignore reports of rule breaking. Per policy, no, I do not tell the reporter the results of the investigation as I value the privacy of other players. Sometimes, I cannot find sufficient evidence to back up their claims. However, I absolutely always investigate and if I do find sufficient evidence I absolutely always take appropriate actions. It absolutely dumbfounds me that some think I do not.

I have talked to Faiona and we will attempt to moderate the Forums more appropriately. But it has absolutely nothing to do with a lack of care, awareness, or anything at all like that. And I absolutely never ignore reports. It's like the famous saying you're always taught early on in school... "See something? Say something." If you witness a rule being broken, I can't do anything about it if I don't know about it. Report it to me and I will investigate it.

If you have a question or concern about Sylestia's content - again, I cannot read your mind. I also cannot write posts covering every aspect of future development on a consistent basis while juggling everything else. So if you have a question/concern, just ask me. I would love to have a discussion with you about it. If you want to have a public discussion on the forums - that is welcomed too. Write up a post, ping me, and I'll jump in.

But again, I cannot read every single thread/post as it's made. Especially while doing everything else I do on the site. Today alone I have spent about 3 hours so far just writing PMs/posts/emails.

But please do not think that issues are being ignored, or that players are being banned for messaging me, or that we are fine with art theft, or that we tolerate harassment, or that your opinions don't matter, or that we don't care, or anything like that...

That is just literally polar opposite of the truth.
Encryption
Level 70
Threads: 33
Posted: 12/3/2019 at 6:19 PM Post #14
how is multi accting dealt with?
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=83424&page=1#3
Author: Oofofthelandofoof
Time Posted: 12/2/2019 at 5:37 PM
[quote=1918014]

It'd be best to only have one or two, but nothing's stopping you from having more. Just remember that if one account is found against the Sylestian policies, it's entirely possible that all of your accounts will be lost.
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=83424&page=1#10
Author: Oofofthelandofoof
Time Posted: 12/2/2019 at 8:21 PM
So many people do it to the point that the rule cannot be enforced, considering many people just use different emails.

answers to a qna above. even tho it is against site rules, they are correct in saying it is hardly enforced. im pretty sure theres a few ppl w/ multi accts. theres 2 that are really similar in name, difference in one number, and im pretty sure another person whose pretty active in posting in forums has 7. they have been around awhile and nothing has been done
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 12/3/2019 at 6:34 PM Post #15
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=82738&page=2#14
Author: Encryption
Time Posted: 12/3/2019 at 6:19 PM
how is multi accting dealt with?
[quote=1918038][quote=1918480]
answers to a qna above. even tho it is against site rules, they are correct in saying it is hardly enforced. im pretty sure theres a few ppl w/ multi accts. theres 2 that are really similar in name, difference in one number, and im pretty sure another person whose pretty active in posting in forums has 7. they have been around awhile and nothing has been done

Every single instance of multi accounting that is reported to me is investigated. There has never been a single exception.

If I can find sufficient evidence where I am confident that the person being investigated is using multiple accounts, it is dealt with appropriately. There are a lot of factors that go into each investigation and each is unique. So there is not a blanket solution to every instance.

Sometimes it's a honest mistake. Sometimes it's an old abandoned account. Sometimes it's a parent/child. And then, yes, sometimes it's blatant rule breaking. The severity of the punishment depends on the circumstances of each situation.

If I deem that the person blatantly violated the rules - they most likely were completely banned across the board.

If I deem that the person accidentally violated the rules - their additional accounts were banned and they were issued a one-time warning w/ their remaining account.

I would very much appreciate if you informed me whom the person is who has 7 accounts so that I may investigate.

Just to add. There are currently about 400 banned accounts in total, 8 of which have been in the past month. All of these instances were manual investigations and banned personally, by me, after an investigation.
Edited By Krinadon on 12/3/2019 at 6:38 PM.
Rileyy
Level 75
High Druid
Threads: 56
Posted: 12/4/2019 at 10:04 PM Post #16
If you dont mind me asking, which I really dont have any motivation behind this except curiosity, whats the main reason youve had to ban accounts?
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 12/5/2019 at 11:33 AM Post #17
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=82738&page=2#16
Author: Rileyy
Time Posted: 12/4/2019 at 10:04 PM
If you dont mind me asking, which I really dont have any motivation behind this except curiosity, whats the main reason youve had to ban accounts?

People using multiple accounts is the main reason.

A very small fraction has been people doing other things that warranted being banned - like egregious scamming or just being an obnoxious troll.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.