Forum Index > Dungeon and Zone Discussion > Maws of Madness Behemoth
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Artemesia
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 9
Posted: 11/12/2019 at 12:05 AM Post #1
I was able to defeat the behemoth (barley) in the Maws of Madness. Sorry, I'm not good at explaining things. During my battle I was giving myself a bunch of rules to follow. These are the rules I was trying to follow when fighting him.

Party
Earth, Air, Light = all rank 4 attacks
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=5224323
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=4362991
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=4688243

I also think part of my win was luck (not too many aoe attacks to me) and I do have a few upgraded stoneweave pieces

Earth uses first attack on behemoth, if taunt doesnt proc by energy gather at 2 countdown, use mocking blow to for sure get taunt.
Earth always blocks when gather energy cooldown is at 1.

Light always uses first attack, except when behemoth hits 100 mana. Right after behemoth has 100 mana, use divine balance. If it had a huge overage of MP, I would sometimes use the 2nd attack for party healing. (only do this is you know you will have enough MP for Divine Balance).

Air always uses first attack. Except when it has 120+ mana. then use 3rd attack in a round, followed by decimate the next round.

Forgot the mention that when behemoth is at 100 Mana and energy gather is at 1 countdown, I had everybody block.

For when plasma's are summoned.
Watch that earth always has a taunt on behemoth for the countdown.
Other two pets took the plasmas with first attack. (In the case of the air having enough 120+ mana during this time, I would use the 3rd attack to hurt a plasma and then use the deceimate as soon as I could on behemoth.)

In the case of pets dying, my order of keeping them alive is Earth, light, air. When available, I would use revives and if the Earth pet go too low HP then elixirs.

After I defeated it, it stayed at 1 HP and had this status:

Reassembling:
Duration 10 Turns
Absorbs 69,177 damage when attacked. If finished, it will restore 150,000 Health, Cannot take actions during this affect.

I freaked out a bit after this and lost track of what I was doing. I did kill the plasma as soon as I could and once they were dead focused on the behemoth. I did use decimate to finish it off but don't remember if it was before or after the countdown.

About debuffs & buffs:
Not sure if it's 100% accurate, but it seems like if a pet has a colored debuff and is the pet to kill a plasma of the same color, then it receives the same colored buff. It's happened several times. It appears if something such as X pet's bleeding kills it, then it counts as that pet killing it.
Edited By Artemesia on 11/16/2019 at 8:07 AM.
Jaidi
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 58
Posted: 11/12/2019 at 12:06 AM Post #2
Congratzzzzzzzzzzz good jobbbbb

for those that would like a link to the image here it is

https://imgur.com/a/DYdHp2w

Edited By Jaidi on 11/12/2019 at 12:16 AM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 11/12/2019 at 1:02 AM Post #3
oh man, supercongrats on beating MoMhemoth, the scary bugger

also makes me filled with even more trepedation since you're using +5 gear and stoneweaves and supermaxes and MoMhemoth is just So Scary (with our earth/light/air team being average-80 in their stats and no vinethorn gear over +3 yet. I feel like this fest is just going to be making us upgrade all our gear to +5, bye ingots)

(and I keep coming back to the thought "what the heckery are you meant to do if a plasma neurotoxins an earth pet?")

Maybe we'll try out this strat when we pick our next fight with MoMhemoth and see how it goes!
Bunne
Level 70
Fancy Pants
Threads: 40
Posted: 11/12/2019 at 1:11 AM Post #4
Thanks so much for sharing!! I'm going to try some of these and hope it works *fingers crossed*.
Bunne
Level 70
Fancy Pants
Posted: 11/12/2019 at 6:35 AM Post #5
I'm a little confused on how to deal with the Plasmas. So I'm on turn 75 (like in your picture) and the dang Behemoth is still at 96%!!! Whenever I defeat a Plasma, a new one pops up a couple turns later.

1. Do you wait for their shield to disappear before attacking them?

2. So the side pets attack the plasmas, but you use decimate on behemoth during that time?

3. Is there a point where they stop appearing? It seems like they reappear after Behemoth's 100 mana attack. Do you try to time their defeat around that for optimal plasma-free time?

4. Have you figured out the buff/debuff triggers from plasmas?

Ugh, frustrating. My air pet is also a super stat with +2 stoneweave, which isn't too far off from yours I don't think. I'm using the same party set up as well, all rank 4s. I'm just wondering why I'm so far behind at the same turn. There must be something I'm missing, any help is appreciated :) I believe Krin said he beat it with max pets, rank 4, with vinethorn +5 gear. Hmm........ I believe my party is at least that good stats wise.
Edited By Bunne on 11/12/2019 at 7:07 AM.
Artemesia
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 9
Posted: 11/12/2019 at 8:54 AM Post #6
1. I would start attacking them as soon as they appear. One thing that I did have trouble with was oddly selecting the plasma.

2. If I acquired enough mana when the plasmas were up, I would decimate the behemoth.

3. The only point they seemed to stop appearing was during the behemoth's reassembling phases.

4. Nope.
Wouldn't be surprised if I was missing mechanic that would make this fight a lot easier. There were some runs I was not making a dent in its HP at all, and others I was slowly making a dent and then lose it when a pet died and couldn't maintain damage while waiting to use a revive as the plasmas healed it back up to 100%.
Slwrk
Level 70
Threads: 6
Posted: 11/12/2019 at 12:22 PM Post #7
I really hope you don't mind my question, i am sorry for the pings.

I am currently 64 and i don't have the best gear (started a week ago), would you recommend me to wait for some other days while I grind gear before I enter Maw in general, or is there a decent chance for me to finish a stage?

If i understand correctly, i shouldn't "lose" anything (until i have 8 keys) when i don't use any of the keys, but if i should enter and can't clear any stages, i'd lose the chance. That's why I am asking ;3

Thank you!
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 11/12/2019 at 2:02 PM Post #8
there are three plasma debuffs I have recorded so far:

(Virulent Toxin: deals 480 damage per turn)
(not sure if the damage depends on something about our pet's stats or if it's always 480)

(Debilitating Toxin: Decreases Physical and Magical Damage by 30%)

(Neurotoxin: drains Mana by 10 per turn)
(this one is just... absolute evil? If they hit an earth tank with it, they'd basically make it unable to generate any mana at all. For 30 turns)

on selecting the plasmas, I'm pretty sure the difficulty selecting them is mostly because the upper plasma is sitting pretty behind MoMhemoth's tail- just hit their HP box and it should work fine
Edited By Scathreoite on 11/12/2019 at 2:02 PM.
Jaidi
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 58
Posted: 11/12/2019 at 3:28 PM Post #9
Did you get any rewards in the mail for defeating it? :D
Bunne
Level 70
Fancy Pants
Posted: 11/12/2019 at 3:31 PM Post #10
Hi there, and welcome! :)

I would say give it a shot. Once you unlock a stage, you have unlimited tries to beat it. If you lose, your pets will gain back health until it is full, around 30 min or so? Or you can use potions to recover after the fight. If you plan to keep trying the maws until you win, no need to heal in between. The site auto-heals your pets when you enter the battle.

Stage 1 should be doable, it is definitely the easiest. You might get through stage 4, before you hit the harder bosses. Have you been to the Lost Grove yet? I have a guide here that might help with battle strategies:

https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=64486
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.