Forum Index > News and Announcements > The Maws of Madness
Page 4 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 11/14/2019 at 8:40 AM Post #31
how do you go in with partial or full mana? Everytime I enter battle, it removes all mana and heals me to full health?

Or were you talking about defeating them in the caves? (I also haven't fought them in the caves. The highest I have done is Eleane. Haven't defeated the behemoth because I heard it makes everything harder, so I wanted to get everything completed before hand that I could)
Edited By Jemadar on 11/14/2019 at 8:50 AM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 11/14/2019 at 12:36 PM Post #32
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=82580&page=3#28
Author: Tonystark
Time Posted: 11/13/2019 at 7:10 PM
I get that maws is supposed to be a challenge, but, speaking for myself, I find there's a difference between a challenge and something utterly frustrating. The latter of which is what I find stage six. I've never even faced demora in the caves before and if this is any indication of what she's like, I don't want to. Up until this stage I thought it was a fun bit of a challenge, but these latter levels at least on level 70 stage, are too much for me. I hope that players like me, who are not quite so hardcore in terms of battles , can play the lower difficulty version even if we have a level 70 team, just so that people like me can feel accomplished without that huge weight of frustration.

I wanted the Maws of Madness to be a place to reward players who've invested (both time and resources) into very powerful pets with Expertise Ranks, Reforged Equipment, and high Base Stats. And just in general, to be something of a new challenge that let players freely work on it with very very little consequences for failing.

I also wanted it to be very scaling, where the early stages are easily win-able and then only the last 3-4 are roadblocks for the average Lvl 70 player.

All of that said, it is a brand new feature and up until it was released, obviously the only data I had on it was from myself. I can see the results of every battle though and I'm sure I'll be taking a look over everything here within a week and maybe making some adjustments based on how many people are getting through each of the stages.

For Stage 6, specifically, there actually are a few mechanically things in there that I do think need to be tweaked or ironed out. When I was doing my solo test run, I was noticing a couple things with that fight that didn't quite seem to be working as they should.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 11/14/2019 at 1:21 PM Post #33
Yes, I was talking about in the caves.

As Scath pointed out, there's also a barracks boost in the grove that makes it easier to fight bosses that can't be used in MoM.

MoM Behemoth is proving really, really difficult.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 11/14/2019 at 1:58 PM Post #34
Yeah. MoM was the first time I actually considered switchign up my usual strategy (i usually use a weird fire-light-air thing that doesn't have a tank) but now i've switched to fire-light-shadow (I can't live without light and fire)

The fact that I only JUST defeated Stage Three (and nearly died ) whle using max stats with vinethron and without TLG boosts (killed behometh on a stupid whim, whoopsies) or enhanced stuff is....well, you get the point i hope.
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 11/14/2019 at 4:25 PM Post #35
Okay, thanks, I was just confused because of the mana thing.

I haven't unlocked that barracks part yet. I may have to see what I need exactly and then what the maws give up to the level I can defeat, so I can figure out whether it is worth it for me to keep using keys to obtain those materials.
Shadowhero
Level 61
Threads: 13
Posted: 11/18/2019 at 9:19 PM Post #36
How much longer till the level 20-60 towers done? I'm on the edge of my seat to see what the Maws of Madness game is!
Malikas
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 48
Posted: 11/19/2019 at 1:36 PM Post #37
Hi Krin,

I'm not sure if it is a bug, or the way it is meant to be...but there is no double experience for using a [Philter of Expedient Learning] with the Maws of Madness...

Just thought I'd check with you, as your XP weekend thread implied a connection between the two, talking about Maws of Madness right after the philter. Then again, I could be reading too much into it as well. Either way, thought I'd just check the "official stance" with you!
Malikas
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/19/2019 at 1:43 PM Post #38
I agree that the behemoth is really tough Somn!

It's certainly future-ready! I suspect next years' Maws will have a few winners, but I dont see that happening this year for more than 2-3 at most...

But since it is so difficult, Maws of Madness #8 really needs a Title!

Its definitely special enough an achievement to deserve one!
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 11/19/2019 at 1:59 PM Post #39
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=82580&page=4#37
Author: Malikas
Time Posted: 11/19/2019 at 1:36 PM
Hi Krin,

I'm not sure if it is a bug, or the way it is meant to be...but there is no double experience for using a [Philter of Expedient Learning] with the Maws of Madness...

Just thought I'd check with you, as your XP weekend thread implied a connection between the two, talking about Maws of Madness right after the philter. Then again, I could be reading too much into it as well. Either way, thought I'd just check the "official stance" with you!

Nope. The philter's bonus doesn't apply to the Maws. If you read the description on the philter, it says that it only applies to exploration zones.

Since it works based on battle count, it would be very broken if it counted the Maws battles as valid. =P
Malikas
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/19/2019 at 2:41 PM Post #40
Ah yes, didn't think of that... 250 boss battles in a row would be a bit much! XD

Thanks for taking the time to clarify! :)
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.