Forum Index > News and Announcements > Nytekrie Revamp Sketches 2.0
Page 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Shasenae
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 2
Posted: 9/12/2019 at 11:04 PM Post #41
Oh, they are so stinking cute! The hatchlings that is, and the adults look so awesome! I really wanted the nytekrie to be my fave when I first started because I love owls, but they weren't, but now they definitely are! I love the fluffiness that contrasts with the strong wings, and the faces are awesome! Ah-Maze-Ing
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 9/12/2019 at 11:59 PM Post #42
looks good~

I personally find the adult male's face a bit old and creepy though. Make it cuter perhaps?
Olooriel
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Threads: 24
Posted: 9/13/2019 at 12:05 AM Post #43
Much better! <3
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 9/13/2019 at 12:19 AM Post #44
Although it IS supposed to be a "lurker of the shadows" so yeah...?

I mean that's how I see It from their description

not to be rude or anything tho
Edited By Orca2Whale on 9/13/2019 at 12:20 AM.
Vinnen
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Threads: 6
Posted: 9/13/2019 at 12:19 AM Post #45
honestly, in an overall way, i like the original designs better.

i didn't comment on the original thread, so i'll do that here.

the adult male. i like that the wings are wider, it means that the gene traits will be more visible, which is cool. some of the genes, like the moon runes, would look hella awesome on wider wings. i like the claws being kept roughly the same, but maybe the forearms could be just a little bit longer, along with the neck. i get that these creatures are more 'owl' than 'turkey', but it's a little more aesthetic to be equal (to me) ^^"

the original looks like an owl/turkey cross with an emphasis on turkey, and the new one has an emphasis on owl (that's what it looks like to me anyways) which is a rather cool idea, but i don't quite like the ring around the face. it kinda breaks the image? and i don't think i'd like the way some genes would look anymore ^^"

the beaks are more owl-like, which is neat, but it doesn't really feel that right because the rest of the body is so big and the beak looks really small in comparison? the four claws (?) look roughly the same, which is a nice look, but i think i prefer the original sizing of the 'feet' because i feel like that would more suit the nyterkie image of haunting predators haha. i like the new tail design, but i'm not so keen on the position. the original seems more regal somehow ^^" the body seems to be a lot smaller now, which i do like. other than that, everything else is pretty cool ^^

the adult female. as some peeps have said, the tail should definitely be elsewhere. it kinda looks funny near the face. as before, i like the wings and the body size, but not so much the pose. i like the original pose better because it seems like it would suit some theme designs much better than the new pose, and the neck should be a little bit longer in my opinion (not as much as the original, but more than now). again, claw size for the hindlegs. i really like the updated antennae, it's like a crown plumage. everything else is cool ^^

the kids. they are so much more adorable?? so fluffy. not a bad thing, but i feel like the female is a little too fluffy. the eyes are so cute. i wanna squish them. i like them a lot, but i don't see how they can be taken as scary lol ^^

sorry if that was kinda mean, because i really do appreciate the effort you guys take to revamp these creatures! kudos to the artist, i can't even draw a hand lol. <3
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 9/13/2019 at 12:33 AM Post #46
was the word you wanted 'foreclaws'?

owls are kinda funny in that their mouths look small but then they open their mouth and

(and then there's frogmouths, which aren't owls exactly but are related

However, (and I forgot to mention this in text in my post but did write it on the image) I do feel that the beaks could stand to be borader-looking than they are in the sketches
(and also my notes on the manner in which owl's nare feathers are positioned- usually all radiating outwards like a starburst over the beak, starting from about the edge of the eye, rather than like... basically not existing, as on the female's sketch
Sairento
Level 75
High Priest
Threads: 164
Posted: 9/13/2019 at 1:01 AM Post #47
The female looks a bit better than before, I guess
Renna
Level 60
Threads: 13
Posted: 9/13/2019 at 4:10 AM Post #48
From looking at this, I believe they're based on snowy owls which are by definition pretty flat-faced. Also have you ever looked at owlets? They are fluffy and ADORABLE. Not saying your opinions are wrong, just providing a little more background!
Meeku
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 30
Posted: 9/13/2019 at 6:21 AM Post #49

I thought the tails would look more natural this way, The headfeathers I thought were supposed to be less flexable and not as fluffy. I gave them chins that are less bearded, since the community says Nay to beards on these guys.

Overall, im psyched to see this species revamped. I'm sure its a lot of work @_@ thanks for looking at my post!
Huangsede
Level 60
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 2
Posted: 9/13/2019 at 6:38 AM Post #50
These are SO COOL! I like nytekries a lot more now.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.