Forum Index > News and Announcements > Nytekrie Revamp Sketches 2.0
Page 4 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Anemochory
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 156
Posted: 9/12/2019 at 8:23 PM Post #31
Oh, yes, that is an improvement. The male looks much stronger and sturdier now. They remind of something from an epic fantasy novel. (They rode into battle on the backs of Nytekries...)
If there's still any adjusting needed, I think it's something about the adult female's face. It may just be the eye placement? And the fact she doesn't seem to have much an expression, other than being startled, maybe. (In fact, she looks like she's backing away from something that scared her.)
But overall, I really like them. I'm already buying some Nytes, because I think I'm going to like them now. Before, I never kept many at all. I may even start collecting a few. I'll be excited to design with them, and I can't wait to see the new traits that will be made for them!
Dinnerbone
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 40
Posted: 9/12/2019 at 8:29 PM Post #32
First off:
Baby feet, much better
Baby crests, yes!
The male's tail, yes, good

However, there's still things that could be improved upon imo

1. Feather layering is still off, though it's improved.
This is probably a good ref for this: (taken off google) Probably use the top one with the long primaries. Notice how the wing feathers all lie on top of each other? kinda like how when you close a fan, the individual plates layer over each other

2. Male crests could still stand up more, maybe like a great horned owl? Idk it looks fine on the female, maybe it looks weird on the male because there's a lot of stuff going on there already

3. I think i like fluffy legs - owl feet are fuzzy!

(once again off google)

4. And much of my other requests remain the same
- Male - a more dramatically arched back, and it still looks disconnected on either side of the wing
- Those face things still look like Santa beards on em. Owls do have this ring thing on their faces, but more or less that mask only circles the eyes and extends very little beneath the beak - barn owls are the weird exception
- I think the neck and chest of both the adults could take a more S-shape to add dynamism (along with more neck)
- Female - relax that hand towards us
- Male - bring front feet closer together
- Female - lower her tail

5. Drawing out every single feather on the adult's bodies may not be the best idea. Owls are relatively smooth looking in feather layering, and cats have pretty sleek bodies too. (I also always thought it was fur on their bodies oops)

6. The extra detailing on the talons make them stand out kind of uncomfortably too; they seem rather out of place. Also I like 2 toes in front - 3 in total more

I apologize for the long post and many complaints. Nytekries have been one of my favorite species since I first started playing this game, (despite them having less traits than some others) and I would hate to dislike them after a revamp of all things
Edited By Dinnerbone on 9/12/2019 at 11:57 PM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 9/12/2019 at 8:34 PM Post #33

Overall: Much better this time than first round.
Leg feathers! Yeah!

Eyebrow feathers attaching above the eyes! Yeah! But they've lost their sexual dimorphism (see below) which makes us Sad Bananas. Please Put The Dimorphism Back

Babies ver fuzz, funny

Wings! Much! Better! (far wings have the layering wrong still, see below)- Could stand to be some more secondaries, and the primaries should all attach to the same section of arm as eachother though. (also not noted in the scribbles, the wing feathers on the two sides of their bodies seem to have their tips just a little too close together considering the differing positions of the arms)

Tail feathers are pretty nice

Heads look less like scruffy sultan pigeons, which is also good.

Babies could still have Bigger Feets (mainly just baby male hind feet now though)

Now they have three hand fingers and I'm o`Mo Put those extra fingers back in the box they came from, say me.
The current nyte only has two fingers per hand and look, frankly it's less crowded that way. Three just makes them cluttered.

I always kinda pictured nytes as having heads somewhat akin to Hawk-owls (we grabbed some photos we've taken of some and dropped them into this image), though with at least some very slight 'dish' feathers.

Female's tail could be moved down, more akin to the current version. It just seems a bit weird, it being all the way up the top.

Owls are Zygodactylic- that is, they have two forward-facing toes and two backwards-facing ones, but unlike, say, parrots (also zygodactyls), one of their back-facing toes has a joint that allows it to swing forward. (which lets them be ><, or -E, or -'< in their foot orientation)
Nytes are set up in the -E configuration- as anisodactyls- as with non-owl birds of prey like the eagles and falcons.
I always wondered if Nytes had a hind toe that was designed on so they could easily get it off the ground for easier walking/running (allowing their foot to be 'E (similar to chickens) or just E (like Tridactylic birds like emus and bustards) while on the ground.

back to the wings for a moment:

This is why I like our model, since it adds the third section of the arm that the primaries can attach to and lets it go better with actual bird wing anatomy.
Edited By Scathreoite on 9/13/2019 at 12:03 AM.
Drdark
Level 32
Eggcellent Designer
Threads: 126
Posted: 9/12/2019 at 8:43 PM Post #34
There is no such thing as too much floof ^^
Ariabella
Level 64
Assistant to the Sculptor
Threads: 5
Posted: 9/12/2019 at 8:51 PM Post #35
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=80794&page=4#34
Author: Drdark
Time Posted: 9/12/2019 at 8:43 PM
There is no such thing as too much floof ^^

I don't know why, but this made me laugh aloud....and I quite agree. I am a sucker for floof! :)
Winri88
Level 71
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 44
Posted: 9/12/2019 at 8:53 PM Post #36
they look so cute!!!!
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 9/12/2019 at 9:19 PM Post #37
I like nytes having three toes. This isnt a reality bird. Three toes look neat imo. But maybe im one of the few.
Wolfcat111
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 10
Posted: 9/12/2019 at 9:46 PM Post #38
Wow, that's amazing. I knew something about them was a bit off lol... cool that you did all this research/googling/whatever for that! And did you draw those sketches at the bottom b/c they are way better than what I could draw lol...
Geddra
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 1
Posted: 9/12/2019 at 9:47 PM Post #39
Perhaps when the female raises her front leg her wing feathers can dip forward and down a bit to show more of her back? Also the lower part of her back leg seems a bit thin? Probably feathers maybe could be fluffed a bit?
Edited By Geddra on 9/12/2019 at 9:48 PM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 9/12/2019 at 10:17 PM Post #40
the bird wing anatomy things are linked to the respective sites we got them from, but the nyte armbone scribble at the very bottom of our post is ours
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.