Forum Index > News and Announcements > Nytekrie Revamp Sketches 2.0
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 9/12/2019 at 6:47 PM Post #21
I'm just really thankful they fixed the males toes...I love the fluffy babies tho
Valligator
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 5
Posted: 9/12/2019 at 6:55 PM Post #22
I really like the changes to the adult male. Chest looks much better. Also, noticed there is some disagreement over chick fluffiness, I'm pro fluff.
FennTheFeral
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 62
Posted: 9/12/2019 at 7:16 PM Post #23
Very pretty and fluffy!
Mondschatten
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 5
Posted: 9/12/2019 at 7:27 PM Post #24
Looking much better this time around. The chicks are fine, compared to the owlets i once saw in a next box years ago, they look pretty spot on. The female chick looks as if she's puffing herself up to look bigger, which some of the owlets did when I disturbed their box.
The male's tail is better in the new position, though I would like to see the female's tilted or moved down just slightly so it's away from her face. Although it does give her a 'blocking the sun to see better' vibe :)
TheWildOne
Level 62
Majestic Green Thumb
Threads: 70
Posted: 9/12/2019 at 7:28 PM Post #25
I love the sketches! I love how the babies look so fluffy. :) :)
Malas120
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 174
Posted: 9/12/2019 at 7:40 PM Post #26
I like these sketches a lot more, and the owl face is great.....but looks...weird? I think it needs to be adjusted or maybe it's just because there isn't any shading right now.
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 146
Posted: 9/12/2019 at 7:47 PM Post #27
*nods slowly* these look nice too. the improvements for me are (personal opinion):

1.) the adult male looks much more fluid in pose and noble in expression than he did in the first sketch
2.) eyebrow crests on the babies! yay cuteness!
3.) even number of talons on all 4 maturities
4.) i discovered my problem with the male baby: his head has a watermelon shape lol xD i can get used to it
5.) the female baby looks a little less like a.... well, like a fuzzy baseball (by that i mean round)
6.) MASSIVE improvement with the tip of the male's tail. i can get used to where it is, now that it isn't right behind his head

however, there are still a couple little issues i see:

1.) the face feathers - they look good surrounding the face, but erasing it under the beak would help the face to look a little better, in my opinion. most likely it looks weird because there's no lineart or shading yet
2.) the wing closest to us on the adult female - it covers a bit too much of the body. maybe pull the feathers closer together, or make it look folded in a little bit, to better show traits on her?
3.) the female could use a haughty-high-and-mighty-riding-a-high-horse smug expression, as well as the tip of her tail lowered a tiny bit

otherwise, everything looks great. i'm so happy these are getting revamped next <3 thank you guys for everything
Vineyiea
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 187
Posted: 9/12/2019 at 7:53 PM Post #28
I love the changes that were made so far! I've been waiting for the nyte revamp to happen ^-^

A couple of things though-I agree that the females tail needs to be lower-it just looks a bit odd where it is. Also, you can't really see any of the female-her wing seems too large or something.
Vampory
Level 75
The Carver
Threads: 47
Posted: 9/12/2019 at 8:00 PM Post #29
Much better! I like the females stouter pose, however the male still looks like he's staring at something very furiously....

The female chick looks much better, maybe her eyebrow feathers stand up too much or are a bit too fluffy? Something looks a bit off to me about that. I can also see that the faces are the same as the first sketch, I'm guessing that is because it has just not been adjusted yet and not because you are ignoring them. I would still like to bring up the fact that the females face just looks too baby-dolled to me, its her eyes I believe. Other than her face I love her design.

The males stiff pose is really the only big problem I see. But I do like the design much better, I would collect these babes!

I love the adults feet! They look really cool, and alot closer to an actual foot then the little hooks you guys had before.

The collar/cowl/fluff/whatever you call it, I think is a tab bit too big, it gives the female a very flat face I think.

I agree with Copeh's post. The face cowl looks much better pulled up.
Edited By Silverlilywolfy on 9/13/2019 at 4:10 PM.
Squeak
Level 75
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 2
Posted: 9/12/2019 at 8:00 PM Post #30
I agree about the end of the female's tail.. maybe moved down a bit away from her face. I like the positioning of the male's tail a lot better than before. The smooth line on his chest compared to the female's feels a little odd to me- I think having it detailed with more featherfluff would make it seem more natural, since the chest feathers on birds are usually quite puffy when they're relaxed. The male's pose does seem a little stiff still - perhaps moving the front foot that is further away so that it's positioned a little more forward, so both legs aren't parallel, might help.

Personally, I like the fluffy babies as they are, since most baby birds are extremely fluffy. ^^

I think the main thing I am not a fan of is the feather ring around their faces, though. It doesn't quite seem connected to the rest of the body. Currently, it feels raised above the body, as if they were wearing masks. On owls, it's much flatter, and ends right below the beak. I feel as if making it smaller and more in line with the line of the body would help. Perhaps instead of a complete ring of feathers, make it fade in below the beak so it looks more connected to the neck. Though I do think the long feathers on the ends of the wings seem a little too uniform - hopefully detailing in the lineart will help with that. ^^
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.