They're so cute!!!
Dragoil
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Artist
Threads: 172
Posted: 9/10/2019 at 12:14 PM Post #32
OMGOMGOMG!!!! *squees* I love these!
The babies make me thing of the new angry bird movie's idea of chicks XD I am so glad I have been collecting these guys!

So much better balanced.

Now the male, I do see a couple troubles with him, I don't think his neck is to long but his shoulder blade seams undefined (female has it but males seams unfinished or to far forward, gives his spine a noodle look.. His back legs visible seam less fuzzy and small or scrawny too, something unbalanced there and that makes the tail look odd and pose look static (I believe the trouble is with the feet though not the tail) The faces are fantastic and I reserve much more comment for these sketches to be further along.

If any visual clarification is needed I'll be happy to draw it out once I get home :)
Valligator
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 5
Posted: 9/10/2019 at 12:15 PM Post #33
Love them! Somebody commented that the males chest looks small/weak. I agree, it would look better with more depth.
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 9/10/2019 at 12:17 PM Post #34
Quick edit to the front page with some fast tweaks to the male's sketch based off of feedback so far. :)
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 146
Posted: 9/10/2019 at 12:22 PM Post #35
oh my good god they're fluffy and amazing o_0 however, i do have several perspective issues with them

1.) the adult male's tail
i think it would be best if we could see the tail in front of the adult male, or curled somewhat off to the side of him, like it is now. this would be to better show the armor traits, and the other new mutations that will be added. having the tail where it is in the sketch can also be slightly confusing at first, if you don't know what you're looking at. it took me a solid minute to realize the the feathery thing behind his crest was actually the end of his tail

2.) crests on the babies
with this, i'm just curious as to whether they'll have a crest similar to the adults' (but obviously smaller and less elegant, because babies). all the current nyte bases have crests (and are are a visible part of the lineart; by that i mean it's obvious there's a crest)

3.) the hatchling male
i mean.. yeah, he's cute, but... idk. for some reason i just dislike him a bit. i think it's the because of the eye closest to us. it looks too far away from the beak. i feel like it should be closer to the beak

4.) the hatchling female
my only problem with her is it looks like her head is being pulled into a ball of fluff. in other words, her neck is nonexistent

5.) the adult male's chest/shoulder
his chest needs to be puffed out a bit more. it looks too flat. and the way the current adult male's shoulder (the one we can see) looks is better, as it shows at least some movement

it's all just my opinion here. but really, they'll be amazing when they're done :)
Cyradis4
Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 53
Posted: 9/10/2019 at 12:22 PM Post #36
The new update is better!

I think the chest could stand to be stronger, but it looks much better.

Other than that, did you see the other two comments I made?
- The tail seems to be as thick as the body. That may be because of the thin chest, I don't know...
- Tail feathers are getting lost in the head feathers. Coloring will help, but I think a tail position shift fixes the problem?
Trusedai
Level 42
Threads: 11
Posted: 9/10/2019 at 12:25 PM Post #37
Absolutely beautiful. I don't have any Nytekrie as of yet but I may just with the new design. They are really nice.
Savago
Level 65
Threads: 0
Posted: 9/10/2019 at 12:26 PM Post #38
Hello!

First off, the Nytekrie have always been, and will always be my absolute favorites. LOVE the new sketches!

For some feedback, I concur with what others have said about the male's tail; first thought was that he had gained an impressive crest, and it took a few seconds to register it was his tail feathers instead. XD

A small bit of critique on the wing anatomy - thinking maybe the forearm part of the wings might need a little lengthening, just to make it longer than the upper-arm/shoulder part.

Have to admit, I am missing the look of the longer neck and smaller head (made them more unique and aerodynamic I think, but then I've always been one to prefer lankier designs).

Again, wonderful sketches! Cannot wait to see them finished!
Laninafresa
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 35
Posted: 9/10/2019 at 12:33 PM Post #39
I now want to have them.. they look awesome!
Fimbry
Level 74
Site Moderator
Threads: 0
Posted: 9/10/2019 at 12:34 PM Post #40
Hello everyone! Here's another updated sketch of the male, with edited feet, chest, etc.

I want to comment on the tail placement. This was a difficult decision, but let me explain the reasoning. So, in the original Nytekries, the female tail is much longer than the male's tail. To preserve the female pose, the male's tail was lengthened. If this was still in the front, it would cover much more of his body than the original tail art did.

Secondly, we have found it to be a layering nightmare to put tails in the front of the bodies of the pets. We did it with male qitari, and have been trying to avoid it since then. Since we are planning to have alternate wings/tail tips (!!), a tail that starts behind and then goes in front would be a layering nightmare.

We thought about putting the tail going near the further front leg, but not much of it could be shown. We are aware the current placement looks a bit confusing in the sketch, but hopefully it will become more clear once lines and shading are complete. It is unfortunately the best placement we could come up with given body coverage and layering concerns.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5... 12, 13, 14
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.