Forum Index > News and Announcements > Summer Festival Overview
Page 14 1, 2, 3... 13, 14, 15... 18, 19, 20 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
4gwm
Level 62
Nature Walker
Threads: 19
Posted: 9/10/2019 at 7:24 PM Post #131
Sales of pets don't go in this forum. Pet sales go in this Forum and item sales go in this Forum. You have to create a new thread (button at the bottom of page on the right).
How you get there on your own Social ->Forums -> (scroll down to market place and go into the category that is what you need or what you are trying to sell).
Katty
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 200
Posted: 9/10/2019 at 7:27 PM Post #132
ok a few things
1. i went through and poked 95 sculptures last night that were under 16% to either get them to 16% or closer to it
2. if my stored tokens will be gone rather than cashed into monies i will use them on iron tools and use my sand agents on pets ^-^
3. i dont think 4 pokes is too much to ask, infact i have poked a few peoples sculptures to 16% and checked back and they have planted 3-5 more now that their sculptures arent at risk.... dont wanna lose your sculptures?? stop making more cause im not poking you again

All this said its a given that these features will be a thing. If sculptures arent going to be auto completed it should be stated at the start of fest and the hoarding of tokens.... if you wanna change the value/ dont give anything for tokens that go bad in future let us know before a fest ends. I am cool with using all of my stored tokens on sand agents and tools for myself, mama and friends xD but please let us know if they will no longer have value so they wont go to waste
Trdoxie
Level 75
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 33
Posted: 9/10/2019 at 7:38 PM Post #133
I still have 10 mundane pearls, 9 regular clams, and 5 premium clams. The clams I got the day before the festival ended due to completing festival tasks and getting majestic shovels and poles. I only had 3 catas left to plant (have been working on catas regularly but did not use any quick dry agents because my sculpting supplies were so low as to not warrant using one. Instead I sold my quick dry agents to purchase blocks of sand from the trade broker. I purchased salvaged catas from the broker just to use my extra pearls and then I received the beach tools and got what I have now. So I will just be losing out on these clams because even if I could buy more catas, I cannot afford the extra sandboxes and do not have enough sculpting supplies to advance them to more than 16% (even though I would do my best to complete the sculptures before Sunday if I had the necessary supplies. By the way I used all my tokens, and do not hoard. I do not have that luxury. Some of us only have a very short time on the game each day, and as a result cannot spent hours in Esior's Cove trying to gain items.

Congrats to everyone who has the time and resources to complete all the sculptures. I do enjoy the festivals, and I am sorry Krin for not getting my sculptures completed on my own. I do appreciate the auto-complete, especially when many of us spent much of our gold reserves to get all the items to make these wonderful new pets.
Iva
Level 70
Snow Wars Mastermind
Threads: 30
Posted: 9/10/2019 at 8:09 PM Post #134
So, I'm one of those people who planted last minute because to me, it made economical sense. I havent played the last 10~15 fests, so when I came back and asked around, a lot of people told me that sculptures will be auto-completed at the end. This made me assume that auto-completion is just part of the system, and it didnt cross my mind that I may be "taking advantage" of it. However, now I realize that auto-completion wasn't part of the system like I previously thought, and players with similar thoughts as me (economically motivated) is not the intended beneficiary of the extra week and auto-completion. Which makes sense, I understand and agree with where you are coming from, and I really do think a lot of players who "take advantage" of the auto-completion didn't mean to, and they would also understand your point too.

Then I started thinking, what could be changed for the next fest to make it better. This is just a personal thought though, so take it with a grain of salt :p

1. No auto-completion for future fests.
2. Last planting of sculptures/brewing/planting etc ends with the end of fest zone.
3. After fest zone is closed (fest is over), the following couple days, players can only add additives to their already planted pets. Again, no new planting allowed after fest is over. The only way to complete the pet is to finish adding all the additives.

This way, players who would use auto-completion for economical reason no longer have the reason to do so. It wouldn't matter when they plant as the cost of additives will be the same at any time. Aaaand, the players who actually need the extra time, still get that time to complete their pets!

Eh, just a thought i had :)
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 9/10/2019 at 10:13 PM Post #135
I would hate it if there's no auto-completion in the future. It's too easy to get something late in the game and then what would you do with it? Or sometimes real life just comes along and bonks you on the head. Also, forum prizes are always released after the fest ends which generally includes a catalyst. A lot of the stuff people get is because they worked hard to get it.
Fiddy
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 7
Posted: 9/10/2019 at 10:34 PM Post #136
Perhaps either changing tokens for the same festival the next year (lots of work)....or maybe capping what tokens sell for on broker; we see 300 tokens = so much gold (2000, Ican't recall atm) by how much gold versus tokens for a new spot to beach hunt in.
As this was only my second Festival, I can say tokens seemed a tad easier for Summer than Spring....yet Spring seemed to have more to spend tokens on.
As someone with no way to split stacks or link stuff , therefore unable to participate in many/most Forum Contests (play online via Xbox with game controller) and no way to access Pay Pal (unresolved problems/issues going waaaay back) for Diamonds other than Exchange I watch in game economy closely. This means I try hard to do research and mathematics, yet still be helpful and cost friendly/effective; I'm hoping any changes won't hurt those of us who...'struggle' a bit more to simply play and have fun.

That all being said I have to add this: I play/have played MANY online games in these last 20+ years and Sylestia's Community AND her Devs are among the Top 3 for being wonderful!
Edited By Ladydor on 9/10/2019 at 10:35 PM.
Jaidi
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 58
Posted: 9/11/2019 at 4:26 AM Post #137
I accepted a lot of trades in sun tokens at a 500 rate exchange because I thought I'd be able to convert it to gold next year. I was being nice because people usually don't have the gold and try to barter items instead. I could've just asked for gold and moved on if I didn't have the patience to wait 1yr to get my gold. If their vendor value becomes 0, that'll be big blow. I've attained most, if not all, of those items (that I sold for sun tokens) purely from grinding. So, I hope their vendor value doesn't drop to 0 next year. With that said, if it does, no biggie. I can always grind more gold in future events/fests etc. However, that's a lot of gold I'm going to lose because I accepted a currency that had a value at some point. One (part of me) could say I'm to blame for investing into it, but [insert excuses here and hope it works]. The other half of me says I hope Krinadon doesn't punish me for grinding and being nice [insert cry face here]. Anyways, Tori knew something might be different this year probably because he keeps up with news or talks to the right people (don't know how he knew it might be different).

Thanks for reading!~ :)
Edited By Jaidi on 9/11/2019 at 4:59 AM.
Ariabella
Level 64
Assistant to the Sculptor
Threads: 5
Posted: 9/11/2019 at 3:50 PM Post #138
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=79397&page=14#136
Author: Fiddy
Time Posted: 9/10/2019 at 10:34 PM
Perhaps either changing tokens for the same festival the next year (lots of work)....or maybe capping what tokens sell for on broker; we see 300 tokens = so much gold (2000, Ican't recall atm) by how much gold versus tokens for a new spot to beach hunt in.
As this was only my second Festival, I can say tokens seemed a tad easier for Summer than Spring....yet Spring seemed to have more to spend tokens on.
As someone with no way to split stacks or link stuff , therefore unable to participate in many/most Forum Contests (play online via Xbox with game controller) and no way to access Pay Pal (unresolved problems/issues going waaaay back) for Diamonds other than Exchange I watch in game economy closely. This means I try hard to do research and mathematics, yet still be helpful and cost friendly/effective; I'm hoping any changes won't hurt those of us who...'struggle' a bit more to simply play and have fun.

That all being said I have to add this: I play/have played MANY online games in these last 20+ years and Sylestia's Community AND her Devs are among the Top 3 for being wonderful!

I TOTALLY agree with that....I've had 20+ years with online games as well....half of them pet games. Krin and everyone involved in this site: you all do a fantastic job! Lots to do, festivals to give us something new and fresh, and a helpful and nice community!
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,114
Posted: 9/11/2019 at 4:29 PM Post #139
A few more announcements!

Firstly, I have extended the Festival through Wednesday, September 18th. This will give players an extra 3 days to get everything completed that they are wanting to accomplish.

Secondly, we will have another Diamond Sale that will begin Friday, September 13th and last through Wednesday, September 18th.

And lastly, I have posted the Pick a Door Series that will be taking place Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. You can view that thread here.

We are currently parsing Forum Games as quickly as we can and you should expect announcements/prizes to begin rolling out tomorrow for those.
Sairento
Level 75
High Priest
Threads: 164
Posted: 9/11/2019 at 4:30 PM Post #140
Thanks Krin! Its been such a great Fest!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 13, 14, 15... 18, 19, 20
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.