Players 2,407 367
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,242,961 1,762
Generated 656,182 12
Captured 1,190,474 65
Bred 6,396,210 1,685
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > General Discussion > Does anyone else feel odd...
Page 2 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 7/14/2019 at 5:11 PM Post #11
It is for me lol

I even released my prize for a contest

Withot realizing it.

It was hilarious.
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 7/14/2019 at 10:10 PM Post #12
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=78606&page=1#10
Author: Wander
Time Posted: 7/13/2019 at 10:16 PM
[quote=1754925]

Just on the note on your profile point, when an event is going on, it would be my theory that most would search for pets using the Advanced Search and given people need to pick up so many pets (and then there's the effort of going through all the pet profiles to release) checking profiles would be the last thing on their minds.

Pretty much this.

If I am buying a pet, it is either for this event, which means it is going to be released, or I like it and it is relatively cheap. In either case, speed is important before someone else buys it, so I don't tend to check profiles, just buy the pet.

As for the original question: Sort of, but not really.

I have always found it slightly odd that players want to sell the pets (on any site, not here, as I haven't been here long enough to really get to know the culture) but still want to be able to retain certain rights to them.

I think it is mostly my nature. Once I sell a pet, I may *want* that pet to go to a 'forever home' or a loving home for however long, but if I had truly wanted to see it got a loving home, I would have kept it myself. If I am selling it, I acknowledge the new owner might do something I would prefer they not do. I do not expect the new owner to follow what I might like for the pet, nor even ask me what I want for the pet.

On Sylestia, especially, it isn't like the pets are gone completely, like they are on gryffs when they are deleted, or mostly permanently like on FR when they are exalted. Here the pets are still searchable, still retrievable, to my knowledge, as long as the user wants. So, I have even less guilt about releasing the pets, because I can always get them back in the future should I want to.
Earthprotector49
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 17
Posted: 7/15/2019 at 12:08 AM Post #13
*Sigh* Im not talking about for this event. As I said in response to Orca, I DONT MIND IT. Im talking about generally.

Anyone else who wants to say something similar about my original response, please read the entirety of what I wrote in said response. Thanks 8/.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.