Posted: 12/1/2020 at 7:27 PM Post #81
No, it's fine :)
Fififace
Level 74
Trickster
Threads: 11
Posted: 12/1/2020 at 7:50 PM Post #82
All right then.
I've pinged everyone who has ever commented on this thread so if you haven't been here for a while, you might want to skip back a little.

Iceflame woke up and spread her wings. She muttered something then let out a yelp and looked down at her claws. Claws? Nope. Strange pale sticks of flesh. She had toes. And hair! And her scales were replaced by the same pale substance. She was small and scared. Her teeth, thank goodness, were still sharp and jagged. But oh-so-clean. What was going on? Iceflame couldn't breath ice, or any flame. Panic, a strange feeling to come over a dragon, overtook her.
She raised her trembling hands to her head, where she felt two soft and fluffy ears. Wolf ears. She spun around to look at her back, which still had two wings coming from it. She was covered by a thin robe, which trailed off into small fires. She wiggled her toes. Iceflame- though the dragon-wolf knew that wasn't her name- slowly stood up, almost falling down. She spread her wings and decided that it would be safer just to fly. And she was almost right!
Iceflame let out a gasp as she collided with something large and cold. She looked up to find Crystallize staring into her eyes. The transformed dragon saw her reflection in her daughter's eyes- her own eyes were huge and blue, her skin was pale, and her wings looked the same.
But the dragon in front of her was enraged. What was this tiny thing doing in her way? In the brood mother's chambers! Crystallize opened her mouth to freeze the puny thing, but Iceflame held out her hands, eyes pleading. She closed her eyes and connected her mind to her daughter's. It's your mother! How dare you insult me by threatening me with your power! You should be ashamed, Crystallize. she thought harshly, crossing her arms across her chest. Hmph, a human like you is my mother? I think not! I shall- Crystallize began, before Iceflame raised her arms and shot both flame and ice at her daughter. "Is that enough proof?" she asked out loud.
Crystallize stared at Iceflame. What is going on? she asked, alarmed. "I don't know, but I do know that I'm trapped in this body! I keep seeing images of Ethernia, so I'm going to see if I have any connection with the king. If not, tonight the newborn whelps will feast of Dalan." With that, Iceflame raised her wings and flew through the caves, before finding herself in broad daylight. As she rushed towards the kingdom, she noticed that it was much harder to keep control of herself. "I'll find out who did this!" Iceflame growled as the castle came into view.

Iceflame's new form:

How odd. She looks exactly like Solandrie!
Hint: She is Solandrie, but after being a dragon for so long, her memories were lost. But they might come back!
Edited By Fififace on 12/1/2020 at 7:53 PM.
Marionettez
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 115
Posted: 12/1/2020 at 8:00 PM Post #83
I've made a new character up (This time ill give a explanation because I didn't for Rainbow dust and Seaweed)
Meet Myst the Ryori!

Myst is very cheerful for a ryori. She loves flying around, scaring people, and stalking Rainbow Dust (Not in a love way). She can hide in misty areas and can also control mist. So yeah that's Myst!
Edited By Wildcat2057 on 12/1/2020 at 8:05 PM.
Fififace
Level 74
Trickster
Posted: 12/1/2020 at 9:28 PM Post #84
Myst and Shadow! I think they'll be two pranksters, sneaking up on unsuspecting Sylestians!
Edited By Fififace on 12/4/2020 at 9:57 PM.
Fififace
Level 74
Trickster
Posted: 12/1/2020 at 10:07 PM Post #85
An elf walked whistled cheerfully as he lightly patted his horse. They were slowly walking down a misty road (you can guess what's going to happen) after a long day of fishing. His name was Nathan, and he had two sons and a beautiful wife. Since winter was almost upon Sylestia, he needed as much food as possible. When he was less than a mile away from his house, he heard a rustle and a growl. Then his horse stopped altogether. The mist was too dense, and Nathan could see long and spooky shadows everywhere. There was just a single lamp hanging from a fence post, which made the sight even more eerie. "Let's go..." Nathan whispered, urging his horse forward.
But Nathan was thrown off as his horse whinnied and reared back, before dashing off into the forest. The lamp was knocked down, and then the elf was in total darkness. "Great," he muttered angrily. "Great!" Then, somehow, the mist got denser until he couldn't even see his own hands. He saw a dark form stalking towards him, followed by another that was floating a few feet off the ground.
"The Fall Festival is over!" he called out nervously. "No more pranks, please!" Nathan thought that these were just some mischievous teenagers out to annoy a weary man. Then he was knocked off his feet as a huge gust of wind swept the road. Once he was on his legs again, he was dashing towards the general direction of his house.

Myst and Shadow fell over themselves with laughter. "D- did you see his face?" the Ryori gasped, rolling over in mid-air. Shadow responded by making a weird grimace, and the two were screaming with laughter all over again. They really were the perfect team. Myst could make the mist close in around the unsuspecting victim, and then the two would slowly crawl towards them. And then Shadow would use her wings to create the wind, and then the Sylestian would ran away as fast as they could. It was always hilarious!

Myst:

Myst had always been a cheerful Ryori compared to her friends and family. So when she was still an adolescent, she was put in charge of entertaining the hatchlings. The children would giggle and gasp and cower as she told make believe stories. They especially loved the one about the Walrus and the Carpenter. It went like this:

The sun was shining on the sea,
Shining with all his might:
He did his very best to make
The billows smooth and bright
And this was odd, because it was
The middle of the night.

The moon was shining sulkily,
Because she thought the sun
Had got no business to be there
After the day was done
"It's very rude of him," she said,
"To come and spoil the fun."

The sea was wet as wet could be,
The sands were dry as dry.
You could not see a cloud, because
No cloud was in the sky:
No birds were flying overhead
There were no birds to fly.

The Walrus and the Carpenter
Were walking close at hand;
They wept like anything to see
Such quantities of sand:
'If this were only cleared away,'
They said, 'it would be grand!'

'If seven maids with seven mops
Swept it for half a year,
Do you suppose,' the Walrus said,
'That they could get it clear?'
'I doubt it,' said the Carpenter,
And shed a bitter tear.

'O Oysters, come and walk with us!'
The Walrus did beseech.
'A pleasant walk, a pleasant talk,
Along the briny beach:
We cannot do with more than four,
To give a hand to each.'

The eldest Oyster looked at him,
But never a word he said:
The eldest Oyster winked his eye,
And shook his heavy head
Meaning to say he did not choose
To leave the oyster-bed.

But four young Oysters hurried up,
All eager for the treat:
Their coats were brushed, their faces washed,
Their shoes were clean and neat
And this was odd, because, you know,
They hadn't any feet!

Four other Oysters followed them,
And yet another four;
And thick and fast they came at last,
And more, and more, and more
All hopping through the frothy waves,
And scrambling to the shore.

The Walrus and the Carpenter
Walked on a mile or so,
And then they rested on a rock
Conveniently low:
And all the little Oysters stood
And waited in a row.

'The time has come,' the Walrus said,
To talk of many things:
'Of shoes and ships and sealing-wax
Of cabbages and kings
And why the sea is boiling hot
And whether pigs have wings.'

'But wait a bit,' the Oysters cried,
'Before we have our chat;
For some of us are out of breath,
And all of us are fat!'
'No hurry!' said the Carpenter.
They thanked him much for that.

'A loaf of bread,' the Walrus said,
'Is what we chiefly need:
Pepper and vinegar besides
Are very good indeed
Now if you're ready, Oysters dear,
We can begin to feed.'

'But not on us!' the Oysters cried,
Turning a little blue.
'After such kindness, that would be
A dismal thing to do!'
'The night is fine,' the Walrus said.
'Do you admire the view?'

'It was so kind of you to come!
And you are very nice!'
The Carpenter said nothing but
'Cut us another slice:
I wish you were not quite so deaf
I've had to ask you twice!'

'It seems a shame,' the Walrus said,
'To play them such a trick,
After we've brought them out so far,
And made them trot so quick!'
The Carpenter said nothing but
'The butter's spread too thick!'

'I weep for you,' the Walrus said:
'I deeply sympathize.'
With sobs and tears he sorted out
Those of the largest size,
Holding his pocket-handkerchief
Before his streaming eyes.

'O Oysters,' said the Carpenter,
'You've had a pleasant run!
Shall we be trotting home again?'
But answer came there none
And this was scarcely odd, because
They'd eaten every one.

Shadow:

Shadow was found in the woods outside the Ryori tribe just a few weeks after Myst hatched. The Zolnixi's fur was wet and soggy, and her eyes still unseeing. So she had been introduced into their tribe, which she could only appreciate when she was older. She had told jokes and stories along with Myst, and they became fast friends. The two often pranked Myst's parents, and the parents didn't mind because they were their daughters. They had immediately volunteered to adopt Shadow and care for her.
Shadow is often considered the blunter and dumber of the two, because she seems always to have an enemy behind her back. But she can most definitely be smart when she wants to. Once, she had saved the whole village from a dangerous and somewhat blind Lunemara by spreading her butterfly wings to confuse it. The Lunemara thought that she was a male Lunemara protecting his territory. Thank goodness he was blind!
Edited By Fififace on 12/16/2020 at 1:47 AM.
Marionettez
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 12/2/2020 at 6:25 AM Post #86
Love ittt! Myst and Shadow are the best tricksters in town!
Theialish
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 60
Posted: 12/6/2020 at 4:41 AM Post #87
wee, more characters! can't help but add another..

This should be my 4th one (Tempesttorn, Summerless, Ommeta, and now Aiedaeil.)

If you've seen this design before, it's because I entered Aiedaeil into Journey of the Sylesties.

He isn't genderfluid this time though, just male.

Some personality info:

-Always determined to defeat his enemies.
-Has a royal demeanor and an almost perfect sense of morality
-Except when he's in a reckless state..
-Will logically evaulate plans, which can annoy others.
-At least it's helpful!
-Overprotective of his friends and allies.
-Can be emotional and grieving, espically after one he loves dies.
-(that subject-verb agreement tho..)

And now some backstory..:

-He's actually a prince of the Thesian Griffi clan, though he only recently learned that.
-After a massive attack on his home clan, he was left barely alive.
-Occasional PTSD-like vision flashes of this can happen to him.
-Aiedaeil was found by a band of Somari Lighiras, and bought back to the village.
-They raised him in their village.
-The main Lighira was the village elder, Samasuchi.
-Sadly, he died in a Morkko raid.
-In a burst of grief and vengeance, Aiedaeil shifted into a reckless state and destroyed half the clan.
-He still feels remorse about this, but he didn't know any better.
-After the rampage, the Griffi prince fled in fear. He went to the edge of the village, and sailed to find his origins.
-Halfway through the voyage, he spotted an explosion in the distance. A corrupted, vile Ny'vene was attacking a city!
-Aiedaeil willed himself into a reckless state, and killed the Ny'vene. He wished he could've gotten out of that state faster..
-Quickly getting back onto the boat, he sailed to what he thought was a mountain.
-It turned out to be the Thesian clan's grounds!
-He got off his boat, and saw an older royal Griffi.
-It turned out to be Elysian, his father.
-Aiedaeil wanted to help more people, but Elysian wanted more bonding time.

Finally, some fun facts:

-He's allergic to spaghetti for some reason, as well as eggs. He'll rash up and start hyperventilating, so it's important that he stay away from that stuff.
-You can tell if Aiedaeil is in a reckless state if you see his eyes slitted. He'll also tend to bypass morality slightly, but it always comes with remorse.
-A side effect of this state is amnesia, which is more severe the longer the battle lasts.

Aiedaeil would probably be introduced alongside Elysian in the Thesian Griffi lands, but you can experiment.

Edit: Here's an Elysian reference, because I forgot to add one.

Edited By Uieaoeia on 12/6/2020 at 12:37 PM.
Marionettez
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 12/6/2020 at 12:15 PM Post #88
Wait a dang minute...

Spaghetti and eggs...
Ennard and Eggs Benedict!?!
Snowdrop
Level 75
Brosilla's Minion
Threads: 54
Posted: 12/11/2020 at 3:47 PM Post #89
I just dyed Shadow, sorry if that messes up anything >.<

She now looks like:
Fififace
Level 74
Trickster
Posted: 12/22/2020 at 2:03 PM Post #90
He shifted uncomfortably, rearranging his wings. He shut his eyes fiercely, but it was no use. He simply could not sleep. Aiedaeil sighed and sat up. He stretched out like a cat and yawned. His tail sliced through the air as he raised his head to the sky. It was chilly; snow slowly fell from the sky, blanketing the mountain in a soft white glow.
Aiedaeil turned around as he heard a soft clip-clop of hooves behind him. His father, Elysian, stood smiling in front of him. "Good evening, father." the prince said clearly, his voice piercing through the cold night air as he bowed down. His father shook his head, chuckling softly. "No need to bow, my son. You are a prince of the Thesian clan- I hope you are being treated as such." Elysian glanced up at the sky. "It is nearly time for our clan to head down the mountain and forage before a blizzard. I'd be honored if you'd join us."
Aiedaeil nodded. "I will join you." he said, bowing again. Elysian grinned. "Now, try to get some sleep, okay?" he said, wandering off. The prince nodded again absently. He would not be getting any sleep tonight. Not at all.

The faun grinned as he rubbed his palms together. He glanced at Atha, grinning even wider. "Those fools, those fools! We'll go to the next town with not a coin in our bags- we'll leave with a million!" he cackled quietly. They were hiding in the bushes, watching Sylva, Lavender and Honey worry over the missing Cather. "Of course, Nes. You and I make a great team; no one can escape us," Atha replied smugly, bringing down her staff. "I have a plan," she whispered to her master. Nes looked like he was going to ask what is was, but she shook her head. "You'll see." was all she whispered.
There was a little cage on top of her staff, and inside that cage was a bird. It twittered expectantly, rustling its small wings. It knew its job. Atha, smiling, unlocked the cage and set the bird free. It chirped again, catching the attention of the companions. Lavender heard the twittering first, and she spun around. She realized just how hungry she was. That bird looked delicious...
Fantastic, Atha thought to Nes. We will have those gold coins! And you'll be happy, my purpose will be served.
Meanwhile, Lavender was sneaking up on the bird. Sylva and Honey stopped talking, and began to slowly follow the Puffadore. After a few minutes, the bird flashed its bright wings and they all raced after it. There was something... magical about this animal.
Nes had laid down a net, which the companions stepped onto in unison. Atha cackled and raised her hand, and up went the net. The bird flew back to the genie, and Atha petted it lovingly before ushering it back into its small cage.
The three, no longer hypnotized, were thrashing about angrily. "Let us down! We don't mean no harm!" Sylva cried. Nes laughed cruelly and instructed Atha to shut them up. The genie waved her hand and the three stopped moving and fell into a deep slumber. "Four beautiful Sylesties for the market. Four million gold coins for us..." Nes cackled, rubbing his hands together in glee.

Horizon woke up to the sound of snow crunching under paws. Another Sylesti, a big one, was sneaking about. She slowly got up and woke up Colit and Lithia, whose eyes were wide but knowing. Slowly, Lithia grabbed her spear and Colit readied his fire spells.
A Ny'vene slashed his way into the makeshift tent!

Horizon dashed over and cut, bit, and ripped at the Ny'vene. It growled and swiped at her, which she dodged. Colit then sent a wave of flames heading towards the enemy. It had no effect. Lithia cursed and kicked it in the face, then she stabbed it two, three, four times with her staff. Bruised and angry, the Ny'vene roared and lunged for Lithia's head. Horizon, seeing his throat unguarded, bit it fiercely. Blood covered the two as the Ny'vene focused on the Lupora.
Meanwhile, Colit was deep in his thoughts as he searched for his fiery companion. Finally, it obeyed and flashed into existence.

The fire lion growled and rushed towards the Ny'vene. It scorched the dragon-thing and then disappeared. The Ny'vene left quickly as Lithia stabbed him one more time.
Panting, the twins grimaced and carefully inspected each other. Only Horizon was injured, and she just had a few scratches that would quickly heal. None of them wanted to go back to sleep in this bloody mess. Colit and Lithia did put on their armor just in case another enemy wandered by.

They found Tempesttorn brooding about a mile away from Wish's hut. "Are you all right?" Summerless asked kindly. "Yes," Temp snapped, flicking his tail. "I'm fine." He glanced at Seaweed in horror. "Are you all right?" the android asked Seaweed. The Sylvorpa nodded grimly, wincing as he shifted from one paw to the other. His cuts were sealed up, thanks to Summerless, but he was still bruised. Rainbow Dust cowered in fear behind Seaweed.
Temp couldn't control himself. "DIE, YOU WORTHLESS HAIR-COVERED-" The rest of his words were drowned out as Rainbow Dust yelped and begged for mercy. "Tempesttorn!" Summerless whispered. The android stopped trying to attack Rainbow Dust immediately. His eyes glazed over and he bowed his head. "I'm sorry." he said in a flat tone. Seaweed and Rainbow Dust looked at her in silent awe, and she smiled warmly. We've been working on controlling our anger, she said calmly. We've made some progress, don't you think? She smiled again.
"Yes, progress," Temp muttered angrily. "I know you're up to something, Summerless. You cant trust a Ryori." Shaking her head, Summerless led the way out of Wish's swamp.

After a few hours, they no longer had to test each step in case it was watery mud. Seaweed, exhausted, flopped down under a slab of rock. There was a dying fire next to him. Intrigued, Rainbow Dust inspected it. It had been lit about one hour ago, somewhat poorly. There was a set of paw-prints leading into the forest, closely followed by webbed prints. Then a larger set of paws followed after the webbed ones.
Summerless was next to Rainbow Dust in an instant. "How odd. I would've assumed that these prints belong to our friends, but it seems someone is missing," The Ryori got close to the ground, inspecting the slight indents in the snow. "From the sizes, I believe Lavender went first, followed by Sylva, and Honey went last. But no Cather."
Temp glowered and laid down. Rainbow Dust, Seaweed, and Summerless followed the tracks. But they abruptly ended about five feet into the forest. "Well, I'm no detective, but Id say that they were pulled up in some net," Seaweed muttered, frowning. "Who would capture them though? What use are they to some total strangers?"
Rainbow Dust squinted into the sky. "Its almost dark," he said in a quiet voice. "We should find out tomorrow." Seaweed looked at him in shock. "And what, have it snow again and erase our clues?" he said somewhat angrily. "I agree with Rainbow Dust," Summerless said. "Well have more sense in the morning." After five more minutes, Seaweed shrugged and grumbled that, fine, they would sleep. But I'm not happy about it! he thought furiously.
Everyone, except Temp, curled up next to each other and fell asleep. Eventually, after waiting for an hour, he stood up and followed the footprints into the forest. "What on Sylestia is going on?" he muttered to himself. Summerless watched him go and try to find out where the four had gone. She smiled and fell fast asleep.

Iceflame shifted her wings to turn. A single strong gust of wind could blow her way off course. And she was pretty sure that she had been blown way off course. She brought her wings close to her body, and zipped downward before spreading them out at the last minute. She was gliding over an orchard. There was a small barn with rows of trees in neat, orderly lines behind it. Baring her teeth, she carefully landed outside the barn and rapped on the door. A worried looking man opened it. His eyes widened as they stared at Iceflame.
Pale and looking a little faint, he opened his mouth to speak. "Q- Queen Solandrie?" he stuttered, clutching his heart. "Queen? Of the elves? Ha! Not I." Iceflame said coldly. "B- but you look just like her!" he cried. "Oh, madam, this is such fantastic news! The king will be overjoyed to hear that his wife is alive and well after all these years." Iceflame looked startled. "King? Im sorry, you must be gravely mistaken. I'm a dragon, you see. I was transformed into this body." Her eyes were like daggers as the farmer spoke. "Yes, yes, you were always known for your jokes!"
"You fool!" she roared, her eyes lighting up. "You play with fire!" The farmer laughed loudly, clutching his stomach. "And ice!" he chuckled. Iceflame couldn't take it anymore. She didn't want to kill this man. He was, as far as she knew, innocent. But really, he was crossing way too many lines.
You play with fire. she thought one last time as she raised her hands and shot the man with an ice spike. He let out a gasp and clutched the cold thing. He pulled it out, his eyes wide. "My queen," he whispered in shock. "You wouldn't. You couldn't." Iceflame grinned wickedly, encasing him in a shell of flame, before raising her arm to the sky and shooting up a single strand of ice. When it reached a hundred feet in the air, it exploded and ice showered down upon the orchard. The trees, still grasping their leaves, became bare and empty as the ice pulled their leaves to the ground. After everything was bare, Iceflame hopped onto the roof of the barn, using her wings to assist her. And she froze everything in sight. The trees were encased in a thin layer of ice, making them glitter strangely. All the plants froze over, the streams froze, the animals froze. Iceflame smiled dangerously and shot into the sky like a bullet. Then she burned the barn to the ground. Everything else stayed frozen.
"Let this serve as a reminder to all who anger me. Do not anger the Queen of Dragons." she hissed, flying south. She knew where to go.
Edited By Fififace on 12/22/2020 at 2:12 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 8, 9, 10, 11
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.