Forum Index > Fan Fiction > The War of the Sylesties
Page 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6... 9, 10, 11 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Silverscale576
Level 75
Fabled Ice Carver
Threads: 171
Posted: 9/27/2020 at 2:24 AM Post #41
I love this! Just wondering is the twins mum based off shoto todoroki in mha?
Fififace
Level 74
Trickster
Threads: 11
Posted: 9/27/2020 at 10:15 PM Post #42
Ha ha, nope! =P I made this story before I had ever watched My Hero Academia, I think.
Edited By Fififace on 11/15/2020 at 4:07 AM.
Silverscale576
Level 75
Fabled Ice Carver
Posted: 9/27/2020 at 10:28 PM Post #43
Kk, just sounds so much like Shoto
Fififace
Level 74
Trickster
Posted: 9/27/2020 at 11:20 PM Post #44
@Blackstar576, I know. Maybe I did watch it by the time I introduced Solandrie (the prince and princess's mom in case anyone forgot) and I have subconsciously made them really similar. Who knows.
(Actual story now.)

King Dalan stared blankly at the piece of paper in front of him. It was something about a merchant that had been robbed by a child, but his mind was far from that. He thought of nineteen years in the past, when two members had been introduced to the family...

The king eased open the door as quietly as he could, smiling at the sleeping forms in his bed. He nodded to the maid behind him, who passed him a platter full of cookies and other sweets. Dalan set the tray on the bedside table beside the bed, before lightly sitting down on the edge. A beautiful woman lied there, with folded wings behind her back and pale wolf ears sticking out from under a messy head of red and white hair. In her left arm, she cradled a little baby boy, with flaming red hair and bright orange wings coming out from his back. In her right, a girl who looked stern even when young with white hair and wolf ears like her mother. The woman's left arm had tiny burn marks, an odd contrast to her pale skin. Her right had frost encircling it, slowly moving upwards even as Dalan watched. The woman was awake, though barely. She smiled up at the king as he laid his hand on hers. "Hello, Solandrie. How are the children?" he asked, his voice barely a whisper. She mouthed "Fine," back at him, grinning. He passed her a small berry cake, which she moved her body slightly so she could take it from him.
Years passed this way, with the family in perfect harmony. The kingdom adored the people of the castle, saying them to be blessed by someone greater than even the gods. There were rumors flying around that Krinadon, most revered Avatar in the lands, had smiled upon the children and parents. The king stubbornly said that, yes, those were rumors and nothing else, though it was rather obvious he was having an inward battle to resist the urge to grin.
Five years later, the family sits in a large room full of books and cushions. Solandrie had a book in her arm and a cup of tea in the other. When Dalan came toward her, she set both down on a low table and beckoned him to sit. He did so, smiling. While they talked, Colit thought up a devious plan. Momma likes her tea, he observed carefully. He quietly moved behind the couple, before placing a small hand on the cup and forcing magic into it. It grew hotter and hotter but he stayed. It didn't burn; quite the contrary. He barely felt anything! He only stopped when he knew that the cup would soon break. He tip-toed away, but to his disappointment Lithia walked up to his place, and laid her hand on the cup. She winced, but poured coolness into it until it was back to it's normal heat. "What're are you two doing?" Dalan asked, suddenly glancing at the quietly arguing children. "Nothing, Father." they repeated in unison, bowing their heads.
Edited By Fififace on 11/15/2020 at 4:07 AM.
Silverscale576
Level 75
Fabled Ice Carver
Posted: 9/27/2020 at 11:46 PM Post #45
Could ya add one of my pets to the story? I don't care what one (also love the new part if the story)
Sol75
Level 58
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 19
Posted: 9/28/2020 at 2:26 PM Post #46
Also I guess I didn't complement you on this, but I think you nailed Horizon's character.

She's very much the tank of my party, and I think the additude of not caring what she's told fits that perfectly.
Fififace
Level 74
Trickster
Posted: 9/29/2020 at 11:01 PM Post #47
Of course, Blackstar576! Let me know what Sylesty you'd want me to add. I have only request... perhaps choose a race that's not already in the story? Thank you. =)
And thanks for the compliment on Horizon's character, Sol75. <3

What innocent Dalan didn't know was that not only two children had been born, but three. Indeed, the poor man thought that his life was somewhat... unfinished. Not entirely whole. Solandrie had assured him that while the children might have her powers, they had his generosity and wits. This had comforted the king for many years, but he soon knew that something was wrong. The time around the twins birth was slightly fuzzy and vague. His men merely laughed when they heard him mumble that to them, telling him that he had been excited and nervous. "Of course yer memory's not so good, lad! Ye've just had two younggens, no common feat!" Sir Fal, an ancient but sturdy knight had cackled one late evening. Still Dalan did not believe this. There were too many things that led him to believe the contrary. Why had there been three cribs in his room the night of birth? He had quickly strode over to the extra, seeing it quite empty. But it looked as though someone small had been taken out of it. Indeed, there had been a faint but definite outline of a body. Once again he heard excuses, and he wanted to believe them all. "My king, why are you so paranoid? That night we set Colit in that crib but he fussed and fussed, nearly burning it down in his attempt. Of course, that didn't happen but... We had to move him to your own bed to sleep with the queen, and when he fell asleep we put him in a more cushioned one. Please, sire, believe me!" had said the queens personal maid in earnest. "Then explain this emptiness that fills me!" he had cried back in response, beginning to pace (a trait that Lithia had assumed from him). The maid had smiled softly and inclined her head slightly to the right, where there was a door ajar in which a soft tinkling laugh was coming from, followed by a less controlled one but still feminine. Then came a roar of anger, then outbursts of giggling. "Your family misses you. You work too hard, my king. You have not held your children in months, or kissed your wife." she said sympathetically. "They need me not. The children grow older. My wife has many things on her mind." he said stiffly, though in his heart he knew these words not to be true. The maid merely shook her head sadly and walked out of the room, closing the door behind her with a soft thud.
He strode over to the door in which his family sat, play-fighting with each other. Colit had a ball of fire in his hand, aiming it at the two others, a threatening look on his face. Lithia promptly made a wall of ice between them, smiling neatly. The seven year-old boy threw the fire at the shield, turning into water. It showered them all, bringing roars of laughter from them all. The two children then sat at their mothers feet, begging her to tell them a story. "Well, if you truly need me to, my fire and ice whelps!" Solandrie had said in her stern voice, so different from her untidy look and personality, shooting a wink at Dalan who still remained in the doorway. He smiled encouragingly at her, and she began.

You've heard of dragons, my children?

"Yes, Momma, of course we have!" interrupted Colit, looking proud. "Shut up for once, wont you?" Lithia snapped, though she smiled warmly. Colit didn't look even slightly insulted, mumbling "Fine." at her. Solandrie's grin reached her eyes, and once again she glanced up at Dalan, silently asking him to sit with them. He complied, sitting down, much to his children's disbelief. Colit looked about to say something, but Solandrie slapped his hand. "Yes, shut up!" she roared, once again bringing laughter from everyone.

Dragons, my children, are ancient and graceful creatures. They are not all bad, though not all good. If you see a dragon, you must respect it and worship it. They are proud and haughty, and do not take to being insulted. Once my mother called one an ugly old beast. Ha, she barely escaped with her life! A feisty one, my mother. She returned to our humble home with half her face burned off! No, of course I'm just joking, Lithia. But she had three nasty scars all in a row, and one of her eyes was going blind. Ah, those were the days... Your father and I were freshly in love back then, but I was loyal to the prince and he was loyal to me. He healed her slightly, but it didn't matter much when she ran off to fight that same dragon with only her bow! But that is not a tale for the night, she was so badly scarred, instead you shall hear of a great dragon, with power unmatched. Her scales were icy cold, and yet they claimed her to be a red dragon! Her breath caused armor to crack, frost encircling it, and yet it was fire. It burned the skin, it scorched it. Well, what an odd dragon, everyone thought. Two in one... how rare. It has never been seen twice. There has not been a Sylesty like this, there hasn't been an Avatar like it.

A smile danced on Solandries lips as she sipped from her tea. Her husband looked slightly disgruntled, hoping that he had misheard her. The children, so young, merely looked confused. "But, Momma, you're two in one!" Colit blurted, bewildered. "Indeed I am, child, and I have told you it has never been seen twice." she replied simply, setting her cup down. She looked sad as the next words came out of her mouth.

The current king wanted to slay the beautiful beast, to rid his lands of the creature. But when he arrived at the dragons lair, she was nowhere in sight. Instead, a beautiful young woman weeping. 'Oh, please, my good sir! The beast has burnt my farm to the ground, and I know not my family's fate! Please, my king, chase the dragon! She flew far to the north, to the Umbra Forest. You must avenge my fallen kin!' she had cried. This was a lie, my children. Her family was, in fact, perfectly safe. Her farm was not destroyed. The dragon had never laid a claw on anyone in all her time. And so the king trekked to the north, but found only a barrier of undead awaiting him. He lost many men in his desperate attempt to escape. If you go there to this very day, you will find lost-looking zombies in the castles royal crest.

"And now, children, you must scurry off to bed. Off you go. Colit! GO!" Solandrie said, lifting the young boy up with her feet. He didn't comply, instead staying there, whining. She shot a burst of fire at him, which engulfed him in flames. Lithia cried out, looking as if to rush to his side and help. But Colit emerged from them, looking thoroughly annoyed. He stalked off to his and Lithia's room without saying goodnight. Lithia looked paler than normal, but she spun on her mother and glared. And she was also suddenly somewhere very dark. Solandrie laughed, having encased her in a shield of cold ice, though the girl felt it not. But she was smart. Lithia lifted up her leg as much as she could and kicked. The ice cracked, and fell into pieces onto the floor. She too walked away, not looking back. The couple looked at each other, grinning. "Well," Solandrie whispered into Dalan's ear as Lithia slammed shut the door, "I think you ought to teach them a lesson of respect!" He grinned wickedly, nodding his consent. They left the room, turning out into a long hall. The only sign showing that anyone had been there was the soft fluttering of a tapestry, which Lithia had retreated under. The king and queen, both graceful but silly, flung aside the banner and walked into a dark passageway. "Really, I don't know why they made these tunnels!" she exclaimed quietly, looking around. "I bet they've been made for the convenience of Colit and Lithia. The two probably begged someone into digging them out. Truly, they are charming!" Dalan chuckled, smiling. They emerged again, this time in a room with another tapestry blocking the entrance. The twins stood off to one side, arguing quietly. "Of course she didn't hurt you, you don't feel heat!" Lithia whispered, her face flushed with anger. Colit was about to say something back, except they heard a soft cough behind them. They spun around in unison, eyes wide. "Hello, my queen and king." they said together, dipping into a bow. This was normally required when they were directly approached in public, and there was a servant dusting shelves, making hardly a noise. The two suddenly felt something climbing their backs, and it was very clingy. Colit managed to get a hold of some of it and tear it off. He stared at it, looking confused and then angry. "Ivy!" he growled, glaring at Dalan and secretly making the kings cloak began to smoke. Lithia also glared, encasing her fathers feet in ice so he couldn't move. Then the twins, using some uncanny magic that they had (Solandrie often called it twinism) launched a perfectly timed attack on Dalan. But their magic was nothing compared to the quick thinking of their mother. With one hand, she shot ice at his smoldering cloak, with the other melting the ice on his feet with some fire. Then the room was filled with shouts and bolts of magic, vines and ice, fire and water. The servant had long ago scurried ago in fright. Once they were tired out, the room was hardly recognizable. The walls were burned away in some parts, and dressers were still smoldering. Plants sprouted up in between cracks in the walls and floor, and vines grew up the walls. Ice hung from the ceiling like crystal chandeliers, and the floor was slick in some places with small puddles of ice. Any bystander would have thought this to be a deadly battle between enemies, and they never would have guessed this to be an almost regular goodnight. Dalan and Solandrie swept from the room, taking good care care to step on toys and the like. Lithia and Colit stared at their backs in shock. "We have to clean this up?" Colit complained, plopping down onto his burnt bed. Lithia shook her head, and even as she did so, everything went back to normal. "Momma's magic, of course." he said, nodding. "Perhaps, but you must be more formal. Call her Mother or queen." she snapped back, crossing her arms and laying down on the bed. "Sorry, Lithia, princess." he mumbled to himself. Lithia smiled to herself and rolled over, her head on her hands.

Tears fell rapidly down his face and onto the paper in front of him. Nothing hurt him more than recalling his family's old playfulness. Now a member of it was gone, and Colit seemed to become less rebellious every day. This deeply saddened the king, for Solandrie had raised her children to be fierce and silly. He recalled the beautiful gardens of the castle, tended with loving care by his wife and children. Dalan would even sometimes go out with them, helping grow new plants and help old ones. Then the carefreeness of the kingdom changed on a misty knight. The long story involves a dragon, a blade, and a queen. But our other friends are eager for a chance to tell their story. Remember Honey, the clumsy Ferikki. Recall Cather, sarcastic and sassy. Rejoice with Summerless, mysterious and magical. Laugh with Seaweed, carefree and a silly Vorpa. Talk to Sylva, the smart Sylvorpa. Glare with Lavender, the strong yet snappy ex-guard Puffadore. Shulk with Rainbow Dust, the shy Zolnixi. Don't forget to fight with Tempesttorn, the fierce robot.
Edited By Fififace on 10/7/2020 at 9:14 PM.
Silverscale576
Level 75
Fabled Ice Carver
Posted: 9/29/2020 at 11:03 PM Post #48
what breeds are open?
Sol75
Level 58
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 19
Posted: 9/30/2020 at 2:36 PM Post #49
To my knowledge, Syvlpora(a lot of them), Zolnixi(several of them), Ryori(Summerless), Lupora(Horizon), Ferriki(Honey), and Puffadore(Lavender) are the breeds in use.
Silverscale576
Level 75
Fabled Ice Carver
Posted: 9/30/2020 at 2:49 PM Post #50
Onyxia decided that she would like to be in the story
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6... 9, 10, 11
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.