Players 2,437 399
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,235,311 1,122
Generated 656,000 45
Captured 1,189,917 95
Bred 6,389,302 982
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Character Design Contest: 500k in prizes...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Tigress
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 371
Posted: 6/26/2019 at 7:17 PM Post #1
CONTEST ENDED
New Contest Here: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=78736

Hi everyone! It's summer and I have tons of free time so I'm looking for OC inspirations to draw or write about. So without further ado, here's what my contest is all about :)

What should be included in your submission?
Submissions should include an avi to represent your character and a backstory for your character.
You need both the avi and story to qualify for this contest.
You can use any avi item and there is no min or max length for the story.
Please set your avi to size=250.
There is no limit to the number of submissions :)

Prizes:
1st place: 250k
2nd place: 150k
3rd place: 100k

*Depending on the submissions, I may add some honorable mention prizes and possibly a participation prize

Timeline:
Starts: Wed, June 26
Ends: Wed, July 10
Prizes Distributed by: Sat, July 13

*At least, this is what I'm aiming for. There may be extensions if 2 wks to too short...we'll see

Other:
Please ping me with your submission so I don't miss it.
The avi design and story are given equal weight when I'm judging the entries.
Note that by entering my contest, you give me permission to use your design and story or tweak it to serve my purposes even if it's not chosen.
I will be away July 4th weekend (Thursday through Sunday) so I may be slow to respond during that time

Participants:
Limor, Superocelot02, Lalalanmao, Unstaeble, Sairento, Imperium, Pirana, Dragongem23, Cececat7275

Ping list for next writing contest:
Pirana
Edited By Sandstorm514 on 7/16/2019 at 6:16 PM.
Tigress
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Posted: 6/26/2019 at 7:21 PM Post #2
reserved for winning posts
Edited By Sandstorm514 on 7/9/2019 at 9:41 PM.
Lalalanmao
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 57
Posted: 6/26/2019 at 7:46 PM Post #3
Pinging myself to remember
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 6/26/2019 at 9:06 PM Post #4

Alina
Sand whipped around the girl's ankles in the wind, burning and sticking to the bare skin. It's a warm sunny day, the sun sweltering and high in the sky. The girl's blue and yellow toned tunic robes swish around her, not doing much to cool her but, in fact, just making her heat up worse. The girl looks up at the sun, pushing back her curls behind her ears and turning the hat up to shade her face. Her nose is red, sun peeling a bit from the sun. She lived for it though, the heat fueling her and encouraging her to push on on her trek to the rolling waves that lapped against the beach. The water glistened and shone and as she slowly walked in, letting the waves roll over her feet, not bothering to remove the silken tunic, though she did through the hat on the beach next to a small cat curled up on a dune. She stood in the water, face upwards to the sun, wings outstretched behind her. She lived for the outdoors and the sun and the ocean. She was a free spirit, never wanting to settle down and never happy away from her precious waves.

Tana
The maiden looked around, eyes wide. Around her the forest was silent, lightening bugs swirling around her. In front of her was a small cottage, a healthy garden with a well in front. A few cats prowl around, letting out singing yowls to the sky in greeting as the wide-eyed maiden entered the front yard. The cats swarmed around her, purring and letting out friendly greetings. The maiden, a girl in her late teens, reached down, letting out cooing noises and greeting each cat by name. She was finally home after one of her long walks in the forest, doing her best to help animals in need. It was her passion after all, she would do what ever it takes to help an animal in need.
Edited By Limor on 6/27/2019 at 1:32 AM.
Superocelot02
Level 42
The Tender
Threads: 74
Posted: 6/26/2019 at 9:54 PM Post #5

The halfling look into the night clutching the cursed staff to him like his life depended on it. In a few night's time it would. He would either free his people and set a reveloution into motion or he would fail and set his peoples' freedom back eons.
Edited By Superocelot02 on 6/26/2019 at 10:13 PM.
Tigress
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Posted: 6/26/2019 at 9:59 PM Post #6
That's a cool story, do you have a name for your character?
Lalalanmao
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 57
Posted: 6/27/2019 at 1:00 AM Post #7
WIP

1: (Suggested name) Isa

Backstory. The moonlight caught on the young faeries wing as she swooped around branches and stems. She held up her branch looking around the forest for anything familiar. Her eyes caught on a glimmer and the path, and she followed it. Her eyes twinkled with mischief and adventure. She knew she was just a faerie, but she sought adventure like no one else in her tribe. Her free spirit led her past trials, mishaps, and accidents. Each one she passed through her wit and kind spirit. She made friends with other creatures along the way and picked up the skill of whittling. She continues to follow the path away from her home to wherever it may lead her. However, she knows that even if she leaves the path or home, what she's learned and what people taught her has shaped her to who she is today.

2: (Suggested name) Asiana

Background. Asiana was raised by wolves. She was taught to fight and fend for herself. When she reached right of passage, she left her pack with her companion. Her companion was a wolf who was born around the same time they adopted her. In the human world, she met a human boy who respected her strengths and talents. He taught her love and morals and treated her like an equal unlike other males of their time. She taught him how to fight, run, and hunt. Although Asiana will never be like anyone else, her strength, spirit, and loyalty will carry her to untraveled and unthought of places with her new love.
Edited By Lalalanmao on 6/27/2019 at 4:58 AM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 6/27/2019 at 1:32 AM Post #8
Added in :) and another chara
Unstaeble
Level 75
Stoneheart Savior
Threads: 138
Posted: 6/27/2019 at 11:32 AM Post #9
reminder
Tigress
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Posted: 6/27/2019 at 1:19 PM Post #10
Great, thanks! :)
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.020 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.