Forum Index > Dungeon and Zone Discussion > [SPOILERS?] TLG Cave Theories
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 5/25/2019 at 9:48 PM Post #1
yeah, cave shifts are just a random event -w- they tend to happen when you first enter the "deep cave" (beyond the village).

This thread can still be used for battle discussion and strategy though, especially against the nameds.

Map made by Bunne

Bunne's strategy against Kowlla (water, air, air)
-Jdavidc's strategy against Kowlla (light, air, fire)
-Som's strategy against Kowlla (light, air, air - spoilers(?) for the Kowlla door)

Brief explanation of Demora tactics

Stat scans of Dia and her summoned minions
Edited By Somneli on 6/22/2019 at 8:13 AM.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 5/25/2019 at 9:59 PM Post #2
@Bunne

Hi, hope you don't mind the ping ^.^

We're working on the above theory, using your maps as a general reference. I was wondering if you remembered how many elites you'd killed before making your map...?
Artemesia
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 9
Posted: 5/25/2019 at 10:11 PM Post #3
Ok, I got the URL to her image
https://www.sylestia.com/explore/images/monsters/kowlla_the_ancient.png

Here are a few screenshots from the fight
https://imgur.com/a/7T0Excn
Her little friends annihilated me
Elleshie
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 46
Posted: 5/25/2019 at 11:07 PM Post #4
I don't know if this will help or make things more difficult, but my map just changed on me. I used Bunne's map as a base and I marked the differences I originally found in red and then the new changes in green.

https://i.imgur.com/e9fhHhv.jpg

I explored the whole area before the village first and found and defeated all 4 elites from there. Then I went down and mapped the whole cave system (in paper and pencil) before defeating the 2 elites there. Then I went to the barracks to complete some tasks and when I returned to farm some more chests I realized that the caves didn't match my paper map anymore.

And that's when I found this thread.
Bunne
Level 70
Fancy Pants
Threads: 40
Posted: 5/26/2019 at 12:10 AM Post #5
Thanks for the ping!!

I went through the one way wooden door after defeating the golem all the way to the right. Maybe that makes a difference? I defeated the 2 golems, then one of the disciples (I let the 2nd one kill me because I wanted to see what the channeling move did). I did not go back and kill the 2nd Disciple. I then found and defeated the 2 cave creatures.

So there are at least 2 things at play here (wooden door and elite defeat) xD Also, I followed the same path and got the same entrances. Next steps: exit zone and re-enter to "reset" if possible. Also, trying a different path.

I went through the wooden door again, didn't seem to change anything.

I must figure this out! So weird lol. At least the rooms stay in the same place, even if the entrances are different. I did save the map without the cave entrances highlighted, so I can easily change that one. Once we figure out what the heck is going on lol
Artemesia
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 9
Posted: 5/26/2019 at 12:18 AM Post #6
I defeated one of the named (Demora Crystalheart). My caves did shift, however I'm not sure if it was Demora's defeat or not. Two other possible factors happened before I walked to the caves, the new Sylestia day happened and I also summoned the third name (not sure who yet).
Bunne
Level 70
Fancy Pants
Posted: 5/26/2019 at 1:55 AM Post #7
My zone just changed a little bit ago! I tried a different path this time, and saw different entrances. From the long tunnel just after the village, I went right and up, instead of my usual left first. I also exited the zone before this run and did a boss run in the forest part of LG. So still not sure lol

Scath saw a message, something about stones grumbling, after defeating some regular rock dudes. Maybe it is a random event, or triggers when you defeat x many enemies? I usually click too fast to see these purple messages....

Edit: Ok, so I think there is a third shift map? I'm finding a couple new entrances, but not some of the other new ones (to me at least). Hmmm......

Edit 2: after exiting the lost grove, doing a normal boss run, I went back into the caves. When I entered the deep caves from the viillage, I saw this message in black:

The grinding of stone echoes throughout the tunnel ahead.

Could be the map shifts randomly? Lemme map this new one and see if I can shift it again this way.
Edited By Bunne on 5/26/2019 at 5:47 AM.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 5/26/2019 at 8:21 AM Post #8
Things that DON'T work against Kowlla's wisps (according to Bunne):
-Blocking/skipping
-Healing (including Divine Balance - only a temporary fix)
-Finishing blow (apparently not enough to kill?)
-Quick attack
-Sneering Howl + Divine Balance - don't think you can taunt this attack, and Divine Balance only protects one pet. (worth noting that if triple light all uses divine balance at the same time, you still only end up with one pet healed/saved.)

Possibilities?
-Ice Barrier/Thorncoat - unlikely since they're element-specific and only protect one pet
-Murdering Kowlla before summon? >.> seriously unlikely, this thing has a /ton/ of health
-Bunne's idea: smaller attacks to delay the summons...? but if it happens at 75% then that wouldn't do much... still worth a try maybe

Things to remember:
-Block at full mana - she has the stacking poison debuffs just like the other cave creatures
-Summoning seems to happen around 75% health

Things I want to try:
-high-ranking 4-attacks for fire and water... (a.k.a. two of the elements I don't have ranked up yet.)
Edited By Somneli on 5/26/2019 at 3:57 PM.
Bunne
Level 70
Fancy Pants
Posted: 5/26/2019 at 10:03 AM Post #9
Right, Kwolla with her darn wisps. Here is what I've tried (and failed with):

- block during channeling
- quick attack during channeling
- skip turn during channeling
- finishing blows during channeling
- mend/divine balance during channeling
- defeat one wisp before channeling
- having Infection debuff during channeling

- attack only boss
- attack only wisps
- attack both

- hard hitting attack at boss when she is summoning (over 30k damage done in single turn)
- quick attack during summoning
- blocking during summoning
- having infection debuff during summoning
- finishing blows during summoning
- skip turn during summoning
- attack boss slowly to prevent summoning (still happens around 75%)
- switch pet positions during summoning

- used Training grounds buffs

Ideas:

Nothing seems to prevent the summoning of wisps. Does this mean you have to defeat both wisps (36k health each) in that first turn? Or reflect their attacks back at them?
- have 2 earth pets, use thorncoat? Divine balance to share health during 3 turns?
- have 2 air pets, use decimate to hopefully kill both wisps in one turn?
- have 1 air pet to decimate one, 1 earth pet to reflect, 1 light to divine balance?
Edited By Bunne on 5/26/2019 at 3:37 PM.
WickedImpulse
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 50
Posted: 5/26/2019 at 11:01 AM Post #10
Seaglass' Notes

Editing as I go, so bear (bare? Baer? Burr?) with me!

Just now, Artemesia defeated Dia DuVal's Hand. Approx. time, 11:30~ server.

Changing Caverns

I defeated a Golem and summoned it's boss, but it didn't change the wooden door. It did, however, send me the Grinding stone message after i entered the deep caverns..... Possibly related
. it was also the first time i re-entered the deep caverns. The second time, It Did Not give me the Stone grinding message.

Exited and entered again, went to deep caverns without fighting the golem, no stone message. Returned to fight golem, Beat golem and went back to deep caverns, no message still. not actually sure if it has changed.

Things i'm considering

Possibly three separate Cavern maps, Maybe they rotate?

Placeholder bosses (Elites)

It seems that....

The golems require you to switch pets positions in the party as soon as they get the shards on them...

The Disciples Require that you do a lot of damage before the summoned spell thing....

And the cave creatures need to die quickly as they get stronger over time.

Named

Also, Demora destroyed me. .-.

Demora Edit; Tedious battle

I decided to attempt to fight Demora again, and i rotated pets every turn. This enabled me to kill Both spellbound golems and get her down to 40ish% health before she summoned two more golems, and they killed me.

I've summoned two bosses so far, Demora and the Disciple lady ( both of which destroyed me....)
Edited By Seaglass on 5/26/2019 at 1:18 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.